[Futureshop] Buy any Xbox 360 and get a $100 gift card

[quote name='Inframidi']Aw man they only ship in canada? BS.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, we get shafted big time in the "they only ship to X Country" argument

Best Buy has the same deal in their flyer, not sure if the immediate discount applies on their web purchases also, yes I'm too lazy to check it out, and I'm getting bugged to go make dinner.

[quote name='PapaLau']Best Buy has the same deal in their flyer, not sure if the immediate discount applies on their web purchases also, yes I'm too lazy to check it out, and I'm getting bugged to go make dinner.[/QUOTE]

canada only right?

Did anyone else have any trouble using the gift card towards the purchase of the Xbox? I had to get a manager involved who was none to happy about doing it.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Did anyone else have any trouble using the gift card towards the purchase of the Xbox? I had to get a manager involved who was none to happy about doing it.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they let you. The point of offering a gift card is so you come back to the store and make more purchases. Why else would they offer a gift card instead of just putting the Xbox on sale for $99?

[quote name='bloodwings']I'm surprised they let you. The point of offering a gift card is so you come back to the store and make more purchases. Why else would they offer a gift card instead of just putting the Xbox on sale for $99?[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% and I know that it's a common practice with FS (Like the $10-20 gaming credits you'll get on certain games some times) and I felt like an asshole pressing the issue. That being said, if you look at www.twitter.com/fs_gamer they're advertising it specifically.

That's pretty much the only reason he did it, but like I said, the manager was really pissed at me. It's like he had to give me the $100 out of his own pocket. The customer service girl was incredibly helpful though, and handled the entire situation like a pro. She was so friendly in fact, that even after they agreed to honour the deal, I almost told her to forget about it and just give me the credit card, but it was a gift and I'm pretty broke so..

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I agree 100% and I know that it's a common practice with FS (Like the $10-20 gaming credits you'll get on certain games some times) and I felt like an asshole pressing the issue. That being said, if you look at www.twitter.com/fs_gamer they're advertising it specifically.

That's pretty much the only reason he did it, but like I said, the manager was really pissed at me. It's like he had to give me the $100 out of his own pocket. The customer service girl was incredibly helpful though, and handled the entire situation like a pro. She was so friendly in fact, that even after they agreed to honour the deal, I almost told her to forget about it and just give me the credit card, but it was a gift and I'm pretty broke so..[/QUOTE]

Yes, all managers are pricks like that. Even the ones where I work :) They think they own the place, and that every discount and employee paycheck comes out of their own pocket. Managers are quick to react emotionally, and are usually the most mean people in a business. Manager school needs to teach manners. What city?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bloodwings']Yes, all managers are pricks like that. Even the ones where I work :) They think they own the place, and that every discount and employee paycheck comes out of their own pocket. Managers are quick to react emotionally, and are usually the most mean people in a business. Manager school needs to teach manners. What city?[/QUOTE]

Edmonton, Northgate Mall store.

[quote name='bloodwings']Yes, all managers are pricks like that. Even the ones where I work :) They think they own the place, and that every discount and employee paycheck comes out of their own pocket. Managers are quick to react emotionally, and are usually the most mean people in a business. Manager school needs to teach manners. What city?[/QUOTE]

These kinds of self-important managers who get pissed off about their own store policies and services need to learn that they're retail workers who are paid by their company's higher-ups to serve customers. If they think they're doing such a horrible job of running a store that honouring a $100 sale will throw their budget into the red, then they deserve the embarrassment.

bread's done
Back