Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Xbox 360) $15 with free shipping @Newegg.com

hows the ps3 version ? now, i have the sixty version. short cg cutscenes in the game are grainny like a motherlover and frame drops to half during real time cutscene if it gets too crazy things going on. i bought for the fifteen bucks during when best buy had the sale plus with the gamer magazine voucher. and always thought i should have bought the ps3 version

[quote name='heyheyhey11']hows the ps3 version ? now, i have the sixty version. short cg cutscenes in the game are grainny like a motherlover and frame drops to half during real time cutscene if it gets too crazy things going on. i bought for the fifteen bucks during when best buy had the sale plus with the gamer magazine voucher. and always thought i should have bought the ps3 version[/QUOTE]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-13-2-face-off

That's a good price. You get plenty for your money, and it's much more enjoyable (gameplay-wise) than XIII.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']hows the ps3 version ? now, i have the sixty version. short cg cutscenes in the game are grainny like a motherlover and frame drops to half during real time cutscene if it gets too crazy things going on. i bought for the fifteen bucks during when best buy had the sale plus with the gamer magazine voucher. and always thought i should have bought the ps3 version[/QUOTE]

seriously what? the game doesnt look bad on the 360 and those problems you mentioned are barely noticeable geez

Wow. I must have played a completemy different XIII-2 that looked great on my 360 99.9% of the game. Too bad yours sucked. Maybe you shouldtake yours out and blow on it or something.

Looking at some of the screenshots in Eurogamer's face-off article, you can see some very noticeable compression artifacts in the 360 video scenes. They also mention that the framerate takes a hit on both platforms during the real-time cutscenes. These performance issues certainly won't render the game unplayable by any means, and some could very well play through the game without giving them a second thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulled the trigger for a 360 version. Even if I don't like it, I've spent more money on lunch before.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mindatlarge']Pulled the trigger for a 360 version. Even if I don't like it, I've spend more money on lunch before.[/QUOTE]
i buy pricey lunch not all of us r rich.... ok i admit it i do come from good fam and ew have lot of money but we cant make fun of poor or "homless" cag (i think 1 or 2 might exist dont steotype). also THANK u op i order 1. i want the best buy vers with the art book but i cant find it so this will do.

[quote name='Zaku77']That's a good price. You get plenty for your money, and it's much more enjoyable (gameplay-wise) than XIII.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the gameplay and battle system more in this one as well. Good price for the title.

I would jump on this, but I'm waiting for a less than $30 price point for the CE... I'm crossing my fingers for Black Friday.

I used to be a huge JRPG fan. My tastes have been migrating more toward western RPG's over time. That said, I do like jrpgs still and loved tales of vesperia. So, I thought final fantasy 13 was the worst numbered final fantasy game I've played. I think when people say that the world "opens up" late game, it's disingenuous because it's just a bunch of hunts. It's not true side quests. You know what's awesome about other final fantasy games? You get to do side quests that tell stories and/or expand on the backstory of characters. You learn things. Sure there are monster slay missions but there are also story driven optional quests that typically result in the player learning more about the characters they are spending a long time playing.

I know 13-2 is supposed to be better than 13 but exactly how is it better? If I thought 13 was a bad game, is 13-2 worth playing? For reference, 6 is my favorite game in the series.

[quote name='Blaster man']I know 13-2 is supposed to be better than 13 but exactly how is it better? If I thought 13 was a bad game, is 13-2 worth playing? For reference, 6 is my favorite game in the series.[/QUOTE]
13-2 was much more fun for me than 13. The monster raising is deep and rewarding, and the new characters are far more interesting than anyone was in 13. Nothing important is missable, so you don't have to worry about that, either.

I did wish it were a little harder. You have this really strong monster raising component to the game, but the only challenge you'll find worthy of it is the DLC battles, which is a little unfortunate.

bread's done
Back