AMAZON BUNDLE OF GAMES - 10 Games for $10 - FINAL DAY!

Viva Media

CAG Veteran
http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Big-Bundle-of-Games/dp/B009EDJP46

10/7/2012 is the FINAL DAY to get this 10 Game Amazon Bundle for $9.99 .. Bundle includes the following games:

Grand Ages Rome [Download]
STORM Frontline Nation [Download]
Cargo - The Quest for Gravity [Download]
Helldorado [Download]
Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops [Download]
Airline Tycoon Deluxe [Download]
Alter Ego [Download]
Angel Code [Download]
Crazy Machines: New From The Lab [Download]
Mata Hari [Download]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Garbage[/QUOTE]

[quote name='captaintek3304']Trash[/QUOTE]

Much like your comments. Don't be jerks.

[quote name='Mugatu']Much like your comments. Don't be jerks.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this crap should be posted on here- not a deal in any capacity

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I don't think this crap should be posted on here- not a deal in any capacity[/QUOTE]

This is a deal, these are just not your type of games. Big difference.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I don't think this crap should be posted on here- not a deal in any capacity[/QUOTE]

It shouldnt, its quite apparent its a spammer. Really is doing a piss poor job, I mean the forum name for starters.

[quote name='Datajack']It shouldnt, its quite apparent its a spammer. Really is doing a piss poor job, I mean the forum name for starters.[/QUOTE]

How is a company posting their deals spam now?

How is this not a deal? Sure, they are not "big name" games, but you're paying about a dollar per game, Cargo! is pretty fun as well as Storm: Frontline Nations, Hell Dorado and Grand Ages Rome are average to good, depending on your genre tastes and difficulty threshold. The Crazy machines games are always entertaining and the two adventure games are above-average (specially if you like more serious games).

I hate hidden object games, so nothing good to say on Angel Code

So it's a deal for sure!

Although I agree this is a good deal, along with the adenture pack (which I bought), I don't know if it's a good idea for vendors to start posting threads for every deal they have (and both of these are covered in the Amazon thread). This is a site for gamers with posts by gamers, not publishers. You could argue that Amazon is a "vendor" but at least they keep their stuff in a thread and it's huge enough to justify it. I for one don't want every publisher posting a new thread for every deal they have.

[quote name='seamoss']Although I agree this is a good deal, along with the adenture pack (which I bought), I don't know if it's a good idea for vendors to start posting threads for every deal they have (and both of these are covered in the Amazon thread). This is a site for gamers with posts by gamers, not publishers. You could argue that Amazon is a "vendor" but at least they keep their stuff in a thread and it's huge enough to justify it. I for one don't want every publisher posting a new thread for every deal they have.[/QUOTE]

I agree vendors should create only one thread and update it accordingly.

Forum Threads are NOT a limited resource like oil or rare-earth metals. If you don't like the deal, don't comment on it. Its funny how some can't figure out that if you post on the thread, its effectively a "free" bump.

I find nothing wrong with a vendor posting their deals (especially when it is game-related). If it doesn't interest me, I just won't post and eventually thread will die by itself.

[quote name='voken']Forum Threads are NOT a limited resource like oil or rare-earth metals. If you don't like the deal, don't comment on it. Its funny how some can't figure out that if you post on the thread, its effectively a "free" bump.[/QUOTE]

At this point, we are not discussing this particular deal itself, we're discussing the notion of a vendor or publisher posting a new thread for each deal they offer. And although these Viva deals are indeed not bad, I can imagine companies just posting whatever they feel like which makes them "deals" in name only - in effect, spam.

I find nothing wrong with a vendor posting their deals (especially when it is game-related). If it doesn't interest me, I just won't post and eventually thread will die by itself.

I'm old enough to have used Usenet before it went to hell, and I can tell you that trying to dig through countless spam posts to find the few interesting ones by real posters is not something that you want to do. Eventually it's not the thread that will die by itself - it's the whole site that will die by drowning in spam (I realize I'm exaggerating but do we really want to start down this path?)

[quote name='seamoss']At this point, we are not discussing this particular deal itself, we're discussing the notion of a vendor or publisher posting a new thread for each deal they offer. And although these Viva deals are indeed not bad, I can imagine companies just posting whatever they feel like which makes them "deals" in name only - in effect, spam.

I'm old enough to have used Usenet before it went to hell, and I can tell you that trying to dig through countless spam posts to find the few interesting ones by real posters is not something that you want to do. Eventually it's not the thread that will die by itself - it's the whole site that will die by drowning in spam (I realize I'm exaggerating but do we really want to start down this path?)[/QUOTE]

Whatever your opinion is, this thread is not the appropriate place to discuss it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Whatever your opinion is, this thread is not the appropriate place to discuss it.[/QUOTE]

Really? Well, I think it is, so there! :p

[quote name='seamoss']Really? Well, I think it is, so there! :p[/QUOTE]

You're entitled to your opinion, but filling a thread with off-topic musings on what you feel is appropriate in the deals forum/on CAG is just as bad as whatever transgressions you feel the OP made. Meaning, you don't want to sift through tons of threads to get to the good stuff, people shouldn't have to sift through your posts to read posts about the deal/games in question.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You're entitled to your opinion, but filling a thread with off-topic musings on what you feel is appropriate in the deals forum/on CAG is just as bad as whatever transgressions you feel the OP made. Meaning, you don't want to sift through tons of threads to get to the good stuff, people shouldn't have to sift through your posts to read posts about the deal/games in question.[/QUOTE]

pot
kettle
black

I don't know where my post went, but I mentioned before that Cargo is well known enough to have had a Giant Bomb quick look, and it's been in indie bundles before.

This bundle is already posted in the Amazon pc thread. No need for a second thread.. especially when your a company representitive crowding the forums with caps locked thread titles. How many times have you posted this thread today?

[quote name='NEP']This bundle is already posted in the Amazon pc thread. No need for a second thread.. especially when your a company representitive crowding the forums with caps locked thread titles. How many times have you posted this thread today?[/QUOTE]

:applause:

also, I love your avatar pic!

bread's done
Back