Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks [3 Discs] Blu-ray $4.99 at Best Buy

Thanks, in for one...oddly enough I don't own any of these...always wanted to...but at that price...def in! Thanks SonicHedge..

Bestbuy.com is broken as hell right now. I can't add anything (not just movies) to my cart for in-store pickup. the only way I was able to add clerks to cart was buy choosing free shipping and then it defaulted to my local store on the next page.

Then I couldn't add any filler items to my cart so using a rz cert went out the window and I finally had to use a gift card.

Very nice. I haven't seen any of these movies (giant list of cult classics I need to watch, including Kevin Smith movies) so this was a great buy.

Ugh... why Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and not Mall Rats? Could have been the New Jersey Trilogy! J&SB:SB poisons the deal for me... looks like I'll have to hang on to my DVD collection a bit longer.

Jay & Silent Bob: SB definitely is the rotten apple of the bunch--enjoyable, but only when you turn off every shred of braincell (or just turn on your highschool stoner brain, I guess).

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Ugh... why Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and not Mall Rats? Could have been the New Jersey Trilogy! J&SB:SB poisons the deal for me... looks like I'll have to hang on to my DVD collection a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

Because Mallrats isn't on Blu-ray in North America. It's only on Blu-ray in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mallrats-Bl...CH34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349620592&sr=8-1

The only one I'm missing out of this batch is Chasing Amy, but I want the single disc release of it.. I don't like compilations like this.

I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, and Chasing Amy is one my favorite movies ever, so for $5 I can't say no.

Jay & Silent Bob is really just a love letter to the other movies that came before it. If you don't love all of Kevin Smith's previous films, it doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Dang, I would love to get this, but the only store that has it near me is 30 min away and I never go in that direction. Oh well.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Ugh... why Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and not Mall Rats? Could have been the New Jersey Trilogy! J&SB:SB poisons the deal for me... looks like I'll have to hang on to my DVD collection a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

Mallrats was released by Universal. Universal decided to back HD-DVD and not Blu Ray at the beginning of those formats. Now Universal is slowly releasing their back catalog onto Blu. Mallrats will be released eventually.

thanks OP, ordered one, laughably it qualifies for free shipping yet shipping isn't available, and sadly the store pickup says the closest one available is 40 miles away, luckily I have a friend in that town who'll pick it up for me until i get around to getting there.

Wow, really? Just went there yesterday and was looking through the blus and saw a few copies for 19.99. Now it's unavailable for pickup.

Thanks for posting this. The store near my office still had it available for pickup, so I'll pick it up tomorrow. I'm a big Kevin Smith fan. I was holding off upgrading from DVD to Blu for his movies, since it didn't make sense to pay for another version, but 3 movies for 5 bucks, can't say no to that.

[quote name='adamthered']Mallrats was released by Universal. Universal decided to back HD-DVD and not Blu Ray at the beginning of those formats. Now Universal is slowly releasing their back catalog onto Blu. Mallrats will be released eventually.[/QUOTE]

If you want Mallrats on blu-ray now, it's out in the UK and it's region-free. Currently comes out to about $16 shipped to the US from Amazon UK. The transfer apparently leaves a bit to be desired, though, and it's totally lacking in extras, so I've been holding out in hope of a better US release...

can't order it via shipping and not around in a 50 mile radius. :(

Clerks and Chasing Amy are likely my two favorite films of Kevin Smith's from the 1990's. Chasing Amy gets shit on a lot, but it was pretty a head of it's time and had a pretty great story to it.

I also would have preferred Mallrats over J&SBSB. Can you just walk into a BB and pick this up price matching their kiosks?

[quote name='adamthered']Mallrats was released by Universal. Universal decided to back HD-DVD and not Blu Ray at the beginning of those formats. Now Universal is slowly releasing their back catalog onto Blu. Mallrats will be released eventually.[/QUOTE]

^^^ This. Please read this folks before whining on why Mallrats isn't included in this set.

Kevin Smith is one of my favorite directors, at least when it comes to the NJ Chronicles.

I realized that I own Clerks 2 and Mallrats on HD-DVD and Dogma on Blu-Ray. So they only movies in the NJ Chronicles I don't own were these 3. None were near me at all, thankfully someone I know locally works near a store that has one so I put a store pick-up order in and should get it in a few days from him.

Great price, but I think I'll just pass.

With Clerks, I already have it (and the sequel) on BD.

With Jay & Silent Bob, I have watched half of it on Netflix recently, and while it has it's enjoyable bits, kind of mediocre. As someone else said, I rather had Mallrats.

With Chasing Amy, I'll be honest, I have never seen it, so I do not have any real interest.

Besides, I do not really care for compilation disks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that's worth it for JASBSB alone... The other two are just icing on the cake. Fortunately they had one in my local store for pickup.

So tempted to get this and sell my old copies on eBay, but is the J&SB disc the same as the single release? Because that one only had the commentary as an extra. All of the other DVD extras were missing.

That reminds me, why in the world has there been no Mallrats Blu-ray yet?

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw the above post.

According to the listing on Best Buy, not sure in reality since I do not have mine yet. This is NOT a compilation disc. The title on Best Buy and right here in this topic states "Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks [3 Discs] Blu-ray"

[quote name='Serious McMopy']With Chasing Amy, I'll be honest, I have never seen it, so I do not have any real interest.[/quote]

While I'm not a fan of the new transfer on Blu for Chasing Amy (too much digital noise reduction which kills the intended look) it is a great movie and well worth watching.

Besides, I do not really care for compilation disks.

This is just the three Blu releases for these films packaged together in one case.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
This is just the three Blu releases for these films packaged together in one case.[/QUOTE]

Which means J&SB has no extras except for the commentary. Not sure why Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Clerks II have all their DVD extras while Jay & Silent Bob gets shafted. Think I will keep my DVD.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']According to the listing on Best Buy, not sure in reality since I do not have mine yet. This is NOT a compilation disc. The title on Best Buy and right here in this topic states "Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks [3 Discs] Blu-ray"[/QUOTE]

I got mines in the mail today and yeah the movies are on individual discs.

I wasn't expecting that. :D

Just a note, all the stores within 30 miles showed not available for pickup, but when I went in to grab Prometheus today, I found a couple of these on the shelf. Check the blu section under "K", you may get lucky. I never trust store locators.

[quote name='Scorch']How so? It's in stock[/QUOTE]

I missed out too. It's not available for shipping on their website, unless I'm missing something, and it's not available at any stores anywhere near me. I keep hoping it gets restocked before the price goes back up.

[quote name='DNukem170']Which means J&SB has no extras except for the commentary. Not sure why Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Clerks II have all their DVD extras while Jay & Silent Bob gets shafted. Think I will keep my DVD.[/QUOTE]

You could still get the J&SBST in this pack while keeping the bonus disc on the DVD set like I intend on doing.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You could still get the J&SBST in this pack while keeping the bonus disc on the DVD set like I intend on doing.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I don't really like going above 3 discs on my Blu-ray condensing. I am more willing to condense on regular DVDs, which I have done by putting about 60% of my colllection into 4/5/6 disc cases.

I tried to pick up my reserved copy tonight and walked away empty-handed thanks to Best Buy's stunts. They could not find it when I requested it. After an extended search involving two employees and the media stocker I received a few stories as to why it could not be produced. Obviously,they sold it to themselves or a friend, but here's a list of their excuses for some laughs.

1. It was damaged and could not be sold. I said I would accept it as long as it was not snapped in half or something. They go to the back and return empty-handed.

2. It was stolen, even though I received a confirmation it was ready and reminded to pick it up.

3. It was supposed to be a clearance item and returned to the vendor in March of 2012. It came out May 15, 2012...

4. It was lost in the $7.99 bin.

5. Finally, they offered me the three films individually for $9.99, which is a classic bait-and-switch, but I did not confront that issue or accept the offer. I was given a ten dollar gift card without getting aggressive, it was that bad and obviously a FUBAR situation.

bread's done
Back