Saw, Saw 2, Saw 3, House of 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects $4.99 each at Best Buy

Solid movies for Halloween, though Saw kind of goes downhill pretty quickly after the 2nd or 3rd. Nice find, OP.

Still kinda hoping they release a Saw box set to make things easier, although I only liked the first 3 Saw movies and stopped watching after the 5th.

Do these single-disc blus of the saw movies (2 & 3) have many features? I have the first saw on blu and there isn't much there. If not, I'll wait until a better boxed set or collection.

Nice find, been meaning to pick up the Rob Zombie films on Blu. I'll use my DVD copies for the Upgrade & Save deal.

[quote name='coolflea216']Nice find, been meaning to pick up the Rob Zombie films on Blu. I'll use my DVD copies for the Upgrade & Save deal.[/QUOTE]

What? And throw away that awesome menu on 1,000 Corpses? That's the best part of the entire DVD!

[quote name='JJSP']Solid movies for Halloween, though Saw kind of goes downhill pretty quickly after the 2nd or 3rd. Nice find, OP.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed part 6 as much as the first 2.

Just a heads up, the original is not that great looking on blu ray, and there are no special features. I'd wait for a remaster. You're seriously better off getting the Uncut 2 disc DVD released in 2005.

I loved the Saw series, although IV and 3D were easily the worst. For those of you who haven't seen the series, at least pick up the first two. They are hands down the best.

Saw movies are pretty much guilty pleasures for me. Though I really like 1 and 2. 3 is a bit of a step down, but still enjoyable. Love Charlie Clouser's score to the Saw movies. Can't stand Rob Zombie's movies though.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']So saw 1 has bad pq and house lacks a menu? I want them but that blows. I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

House has a menu, but the DVD had a really funny menu with Spalding, Baby and Otis saying goofy things while navigating.

I got all seven saw movies between BB and Amazon used. I loved the first one. The twist was : 0...The other entries were all interesting. I can't even remember 5 and I don't think I saw 6 or 7 but I'd like to see the complete story and for $40 total I can't really complain. The score is really awesome though and like someone else said, they are kind of guilty pleasures

[quote name='mr_burnzz']So saw 1 has bad pq and house lacks a menu? I want them but that blows. I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tcrash247']House has a menu, but the DVD had a really funny menu with Spalding, Baby and Otis saying goofy things while navigating.[/QUOTE]

It's not that the PQ is so horrible, it's just that it's not by any means a reference BR disc. The quality is about the same as an upconverted DVD. Meaning basically that it looks no worse than the DVD does... and maybe just a very, very tiny bit better in spots.

Don't know if it's related to this sale or if anyone even cares, but The Blair Witch Project and The Grudge are also $5.

bread's done
Back