Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - 2/5/13 - $39.99 w/Cross Buy - Sly 4 From Sly HD Devs

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
picture.php

Sly Cooper and the whole gang return with an epic brand new adventure for the PlayStation 3 system. The pages of the Thievius Raccoonus are disappearing and Bentley, now keeper of the ancient master Thieves book, must round up the gang and save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever.

Features:

• Epic boss battles, high action, and new stealth moves provide the deepest and most thrilling Sly experience to date!
  • Humorous time travel storyline and engaging puzzles
  • A variety of playable characters await; each with their own unique play style
  • Fully playable in eye-popping stereoscopic 3D

Pre Order Today and Unlock:

Para Glider Skins:

Unlock new looks for Sly's para glider and show it off in style with the Sanzaru monkey logo and camouflage!

Ultimate Murray:

Unlock a new look for everyone's favorite pink hippo! Play as Murray in a new commando Ultimate outfit. The outfit will have the classic green goggles and gear expected from the most prestigious of agents.

bcus-98247-camous.png
bcus-98247-monkey.png
bcus-98247-murrine.png

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KupcCM31mkw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w_AZ5GTojY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV6nQzBbcKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LK_l8tsAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pksYp8dgMJo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2e7EwnRPnI

Last edited by a moderator:
Really looking forward to this game. This was one of my favorite franchises during the PS2 generation; glad it's finally back.

We need more of this. Hopefully Sony steps up and gets 3rd party publishers behind this. There's no reason that all of wii u third party games can't come to ps3 and vita. Sony needs to get Ubisoft on board so we can have ZombiU asap.

It doesn't really look like it works like the Wii U nor can it compete with it. I don't see him scanning around. Just seeing what's on screen, and there's pretty bad lag. Sly rotates view on screen, view on Vita updates about a half a second later. No way ZombiU and the like can be done if that's as good as it gets.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...meplay-video-treasure-design-contest-winners/

By the looks of it, 2013 is looking just as good with the upcoming release of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time! Sly and the gang are back on February 5th for $39.99 on PlayStation 3 and $29.99 on PS Vita. If you buy the PS3 copy, you’ll receive the digital PS Vita version from PSN at no additional cost.

Today we’re here to give you a taste of some of the new gameplay you’ll get to experience. In case you missed it, we had an IGN Live session right before the holidays, with Glen Egan and Mat Kraemer from Sanzaru Games showing off the first few hours of the game. In that preview you got a glimpse of some of the gameplay mechanics, Sly’s samurai costume, his Japanese ancestor Rioichi Cooper, and a look at one of the vibrant lush environments Sly will be visiting as he travels through time. In this new gameplay video below, you’ll get to see how the team works together to pull a heist on El Jefe, the epic boss you’ll meet during your travels to Feudal Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9elWR4NmvCI

This is just a slice of how the game is going to break down but there will be plenty to do aside from that, including earning all of the costumes — which you’ll be able to replay the game with to find new collectables and hidden treasures. Speaking of collectables, we’d like to take a minute to announce the winners of our Sly Cooper Treasure Design Contest! It’s been quite a while, but we finally got a hold of the winners and are happy to reveal the two winning designs. Both the items below and their descriptions will be included as collectable treasures in Thieves in Time:

8361353549_a8c9b031f2_z.jpg

8362416518_bbe9472379_z.jpg

We had tons of entries and the team had a tough time choosing these winners, but we want to make sure everyone got to see their designs! Big congrats as well to our runner-up winners, who were also notified. We hope you’ve been enjoying the fantastic prizes!

Bet you can’t wait to start playing, right? Well good news — we’ll be releasing a new downloadable demo, so you can get some hands-on time with Sly before the game hits store shelves. Starting January 22nd, the new demo will be available exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Then, on January 29th, it will be available publicly to all PSN users. For those of who got early access to the first Sly demo from the Ratchet & Clank Collection, this demo is brand new — so be sure to check this one out as well! Stay tuned for lots more on Sly as we head toward launch, and don’t forget to pre-order your copy today.

[quote name='whoknows']It's so weird this is coming out at $40. I wonder if this game is just really short.[/QUOTE]

I think Sony is just trying to market it and place a good, but not premier franchise in front of gamers at a price (and value with Cross Buy) that is good for a new game.

[quote name='whoknows']It's so weird this is coming out at $40. I wonder if this game is just really short.[/QUOTE]

price a game at $60, people say its over priced and game is too short.

price a game at $40, people question if the game has enough content.

:roll: there is really no winning with some people. there were a ton of posts at the ps blog doing this. people also assumed that sony/sanzaru had zero faith in the game and is already writing it off before it even releases.

[quote name='8bitArtist']price a game at $60, people say its over priced and game is too short.

price a game at $40, people question if the game has enough content.

:roll: there is really no winning with some people. there were a ton of posts at the ps blog doing this. people also assumed that sony/sanzaru had zero faith in the game and is already writing it off before it even releases.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Poor Sony just can't win :roll:

Regardless of length and cost, I can't wait for this game. One of my favorite game series. The videos of gameplay look good and I think Sanzaru will do a good job with it.

Me, too. If it was to be released at $60, then of course I'd wait for a sale. If it's a short game, then even better so i can play it and trade it in quickly before the value tanks or wait for a BestBuy 100% promo.

This was the first game series that I ever completed. After #3, I was happy because it seemed that
Sly finally got himself a girlfriend :lol:

How do they control usage of the cross buy digital version?

Say I purchase the PS3 disc, download the vita version, then flip the PS3 disc. I wonder if they have any way of confirming you still own the disc?

I just played the demo and i can see why they lowered the price tbh, it plays exactly like the old games, and that's not a good thing at all, the combat is still pretty bad, and the controls aren't good enough for todays standards.

[quote name='orntar']How do they control usage of the cross buy digital version?

Say I purchase the PS3 disc, download the vita version, then flip the PS3 disc. I wonder if they have any way of confirming you still own the disc?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so, the new owner of the PS3 version just would not be able to access the Vita version. Kind of like how once you use an online pass, you can resell it, but the new owner of the game will have to buy the pass if they want to play online.

I likely will be doing this as well, but who knows, I could keep the PS3 version too.

If people are buying the PS3 versions of these cross-buy games just for the Vita version the couldnt some just "rent" said games from Gamefly and download the Vita version off the disc then return it and essentially keep the Vita version for free or am I missing something from here such as there being a voucher code to get it off the disc?

Only the first person can do that.

Disc somehow knows if the Vita version has been redeemed already.

Also I went ahead and played the demo since people were saying it was bad and that surprised me.

Plays just like the other ones which is perfect IMO.

Played the demo since people were saying it was bad and that surprised me.

Plays just like the other ones which is perfect IMO.

[quote name='whoknows']Only the first person can do that.

Disc somehow knows if the Vita version has been redeemed already.

Also I went ahead and played the demo since people were saying it was bad and that surprised me.

Plays just like the other ones which is perfect IMO.[/QUOTE]
Yes that's what I meant the 1st person so someone could just put it on their queue and do that before the game releases so they can have it the 1st day it releases.

[quote name='whoknows']Also I went ahead and played the demo since people were saying it was bad and that surprised me.

Plays just like the other ones which is perfect IMO.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this. Sounds perfect for me, too. I don't have PS+ so I'm unable to play the demo.

[quote name='parKer']Thank you for this. Sounds perfect for me, too. I don't have PS+ so I'm unable to play the demo.[/QUOTE]
It's out today for everybody on PS3 and Vita.

Huh, that's what I get for not reading. When I saw the demo was added for everyone on the PSN, I assumed it was the same one I downloaded a month or three ago.

What a horrible time to be between paychecks, I'd love to pre-order this.

Newegg just shipped mine. I got it for $27.99 since I preordered it when it was $60 and I used a $12 off coupon. I was wondering if my coupons would carry over :)

anyone have any idea how the cross buy works? Got the game, nothing but the disc in the case, no menu when it's loaded in the system.

edit: just checked. The Disc Benefits didn't have anything. Must not have it up

If it's like Playstation All Stars when you put the disc in on XMB there should be an option that says disc benefits. You don't need to start the game to see it.

[quote name='whoknows']If it's like Playstation All Stars when you put the disc in on XMB there should be an option that says disc benefits. You don't need to start the game to see it.[/QUOTE]

yeah I found it but the disc benefits was empty...

Gotta wait for the store to update then. It's probably because the game isn't up yet.

It was like that for Playstation All Stars as well.

Only played through first mission so far but loved it. More of the old sly gameplay is a win for me.

To end the stream, I played a bit of Bentley's Hackpack, which is a really cool little game. It features a bunch of new levels for each of the three main hacking games that are in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time with five challenge medals to earn in each level. Your total medal count helps you unlock a number of things in the reward shop that were mostly just little figurines of things from the Sly Cooper games, though there are some levels that are locked up as rewards and there's a separate special game to unlock. These don't seem to have any of the levels that I saw in the first instance of each game in Thieves in Time and I don't see any sort of tie-in with the big game as far as save unlocks are concerned. I also don't see Cross Save support, so it looks like you'll have to play the game twice to get all of the trophies on PS3 and Vita.

I'm uploading that portion of the stream to Youtube, so I'll post the link when it's done.

Edit: It looks like Bentley's Hackpack has a shared trophy list, so there's only one trophy list for both versions.

Edit 2: Bentley's Hackpack video is now live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lpb4-yfwc

bread's done
Back