Suspended Account? Transfering Data?

nbalive2005

CAGiversary!
Hello i have question regarding PS3s.

I have a ps3 60 GB that still works, i want to do $180 gamestop trade in but the problem is that i bought a lot of games and rock band songs on my PS3 through a gamesharing account that was suspended because a 6th person came in. The games and songs remained but i read that if i move my hard drive to a new PS3, i will have to reactivate the account on the new PS3 to retain my data.

Since the account is suspended would i still be able to do it?

Could anybody tell me how to get a new PS3 while still retaining my purchased RB songs and PSN games?

Can't you use system backup and store it on a usb hdd and restore it on the new ps3?

Never tried it but i know there is a backup option.

If u put the hardrive into a different ps3 u will have to reformat it regardless. Backing up the HDD won't save the song data to it, only save files I believe. Your stuck with that ps3 than to play your dlc on. Unless u can get to the psn store to download the stuff From the suspended account.

I've done back up twice once for a upgrade to my harddrive in my old system and then when I changed to a new slim system. My understanding is your accounts are what are linked to a particular system, hence your account with all your 'shared content' is locked in to it, and in order to use it on your new system you have to deactivate it from that account.

It's sounds pretty odd that the reason you account was suspended was due to a '6th' person, I've been in sharing groups back when it was legal for 5, at that time it was impossible to add a 6th if you tired you were met with a error and not allowed, might be more going on.. good luck tho

I'm sure this has been answered before but gonna ask it again.
I'm about to switch systems and do a data transfer between 2 systems using ethernet. Now my question is should I deactivate all the accounts I have on my old system first before the transfer or can I do the transfer and go back and deactivate the accounts later? I know the old system would be wiped but could I just create temp profiles to deactivate the accounts and reactivate on new system?

The trasnfer deactivates accounts on your old system, activates on the new. If the account is suspended though you will lose the games (they will be copied, but when trying to run them you'll be asked to login to the account for reactivation)

bread's done
Back