[DEAD] ICO and Shadow of Colossus Collection (PS3) $16 w/free shipping @Newegg.com

Is this a good game? My brother bought it during release day and the game is just there collecting dust. He played it like once only; he definitely played it a lot more when we had a PS2. That's a cheap price though.

This is tempting two great games I own them on ps2 but know I wont play them there tried shadow of colossus a few years back and remember saying to myself wish this was hd.

Don't pass this up at this price, great games. I somehow missed out on Shadows of the Colossus during the PS2 era, although I fondly recall Ico. I've really enjoyed playing SotC for the first time through this collection, I can see what all the hype was about. :)

I haven't played Ico before, but I played SotC when it first came out on PS2. It was breath taking, such a great game. A must play!

I've honestly had the HD Collection for about 2 years and haven't played it yet >.< Damn backlog!

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed on the $20 deal but now it is 16. With tax, that's like 17 and change. Dunno if I should get it now cuz I am hoping for $10 even if it takes another year. But what if it doesn't get to 10? What if it doesn't?!?!?!? Every time a nice deal comes around this is what happens in my brain..

I have SoC, though I never finished when I got stuck on one of the harder bosses. Ico..I a demo disc from Playstation Underground, played that demo so dam much. Must get!

Sold! Been on my wait list for awhile owned and beat Ico for the PS2 never had a chance with SoC I'm excited

Thanks to the OP, a very nice price and I've always wanted to play these games. I'm getting tired of BF3 and need a break from it, and these can tide me over until ACIII's inevitable price drop. :D

I picked this up awhile back during another sale. Haven't tried SoTC yet but ICO was one of the worst games I've played in a long time. Borefest from start to finish.

[quote name='thenutman69321']I picked this up awhile back during another sale. Haven't tried SoTC yet but ICO was one of the worst games I've played in a long time. Borefest from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

To counter this, I loved ICO from start to finish.

picked this up at launch (along with the originals) and it's a steal at this price. i prefer ICO to sotc, but both are really great games and offer something different

[quote name='thenutman69321']I picked this up awhile back during another sale. Haven't tried SoTC yet but ICO was one of the worst games I've played in a long time. Borefest from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only person who was bored to death by this game

They're both terrible, I don't understand the overwhelming positive reviews of these games.

[quote name='adezero']They're both terrible, I don't understand the overwhelming positive reviews of these games.[/QUOTE]

Take back that blasphemy immediately. You can say ICO is a borefest because that game wasn't supposed to be a mainstream crowd-pleaser. However, SotC is just absolute genius from art direction to game play. No one had ever really taken a game in that direction.

I've been considering getting it for two reasons...trophies and to play SotC on the Vita w/ remote play.

Back before ICO even released i played its demo many many times back in the early ps2 years, i bought it when it first came out, everyone else ignored it then but it was one of the best IMO. Showed what games could do along with a very good story imo. I actually liked ICO more then SOTC. This is a good deal for sure. I may pick it up. Never did since i played them to death back when they released.

Thanks op! Got one as it is now temporarily sold out. Ico was a classic game with amazing sound affects and a unique adventure. Ready to try SOTC now.

bread's done
Back