Looks like PSVIta memory cards are 20% off on bestbuy.com

[quote name='SackAttack']Not sure if it's related to their Columbus Day online sale or not, but all four sizes are on sale at what looks like 20% off each.[/QUOTE]

It could also be because the console itself is tanking like Milli Vanilli after they were exposed. :-({|=

I love my vita but Sony should have included a larger memory card with the console. I've only bought 2 games off the psn for my vita because I still just have the 4gb card. If they included a larger card I'd be giving them more of my money vs retailers. I just finished LBP and it was just as great as LBP2.

I'm kind of surprised by all of the people that are disappointed in their Vita. I've personally enjoyed it immensely. Even though MK is a crappy port (graphically), it's still a lot of fun.

I just wish Sony realized that hacks / mods didn't really kill the PSP. Crappy games killed the PSP. The very existence of homebrew and emulators probably sold way more units than they ever would have if the system were locked.

My main disappointment on the Vita so far is the same one I had w/ the PSP. That is the promise of "Remote Play". I'm still waiting for the day that full remote play is possible on ANY title.

I know this isn't the best forum to ask this, but it definitely fits the topic. I am considering buying a Vita bundle that comes with a 4 GB card (such as the Assassins Creed bundle). I can't ever see myself buying any retail release as a digital version because I am cheap and will wait until the retail version price drops for most games (also, I hate not being able to re-sell/trade in something that I paid for). I know there are still some titles that are digital only that I will want, but I assume most of those titles are smaller in size. Is a 4 GB enough for my needs or am I better off not getting a bundle and buying a larger card seperately.

Are you planning to download a lot of demos, DLC, copy movies, music, or pictures to it?

If you answered yes to any of those, you'll probably need a bigger memory stick. I have an 8 GB stick and for a flight I copied a few episodes of a 1 hour show to my vita. I chewed up those 8 gigs real fast.

From what I've seen, game updates (title updates) don't take up too much space and finding any reference to the space required by save files is near impossible so I don't really know.

TBH, if you're going to buy a bundle...don't consider the memory card part of the "value". 4 GB cards are so cheap on ebay / amazon that it shouldn't even be part of your decision making. I don't know the price but if the AC3 bundle is 250 for wifi w/ AC3, that's not a bad deal...of course, you can score the console alone cheaper on other sites for used / refurb if that doesn't bother you.

That 4 GB card'll be nice if you want to go onto the Japanese PSN, but for your mainline card I'd get an 8 or a 16.

You'll want room for PSN-only titles and PSP/PS1 games.

8gb can be bought NEW for $20 or less on eBay, from time to time, and $10 NEW for the 4gb. With free shipping. Just gotta check, periodically.

Thanks for the advice everyone. It sounds like I should avoid a 4GB card or at least plan to use it only temporarily. I may just get a refurb Vita and avoid a bundle anyway.

[quote name='KryllFood']I just wish Sony realized that hacks / mods didn't really kill the PSP. Crappy games killed the PSP. The very existence of homebrew and emulators probably sold way more units than they ever would have if the system were locked.[/QUOTE]

The PSP didn't get many games, but most of the games released were quality. A company did a study on the amount of games were pirated and within a couple months after the North American release, the US version of Dissidia was downloaded over five million times. That was only a couple of months, who knows what the number is up to now. It's sold less than a million in all regions outside of Japan combined.

While no one would knows how good sales would be if the PSP was never hacked, there's a lot of factual information by sales numbers and how much they dropped from the initial release of the PSP to when it was first hacked, to when it was hacked wide open with all systems. I'm not going to go in depth with it as it'd be a huge wall of text, but I'm pretty sure you can do some research yourself.

The most overused excuse from a CFW PSP owner that pirates games. "I pirate, but I purchase the games if I like them." Which is just a bs excuse and everyone knows it. Playing homebrew on the PSP as an excuse is bs as well, since most homebrew is pretty crappy compared to what you can play on the system, and anyone who pays $200 for a console just to hack it and play emulators is a moron, especially when you could have got a laptop for a little bit more and play more emulators that were far more accurate at rendering the product.

My main disappointment on the Vita so far is the same one I had w/ the PSP. That is the promise of "Remote Play". I'm still waiting for the day that full remote play is possible on ANY title.
They've never said this. Even during the PSP cycle they never did. With the Vita announcement they announced the prospect of remote play and only said they are going to have more games playable through remote play, which so far they have. They've never made an announcement of all games being playable through remote play, that was a fabrication through gaming sites that posted the assumption as fact.

If you've used a CFW PS3 to play remote play or have heard about it, you'll know that it's possible to play most games. However, there is a lot of button lag making the majority of these games unplayable. With the recent patch to ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, the button lag is so minor that you really can't notice it. I'd rather have them taking the time to release only a few games that play as if you were right there playing the PS3 rather than playing everything with an unplayable amount of button lag.

[quote name='KryllFood']I'm kind of surprised by all of the people that are disappointed in their Vita. I've personally enjoyed it immensely. Even though MK is a crappy port (graphically), it's still a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

I love my Vita. I'm anxiously awaiting more games, of course, but the ones I have are mostly pretty great.

My only real gripe is the cost of the memory. I have two 8 gig cards instead of a 16 because it made more financial sense to buy a smaller card when I got the Vita in Feb and then another one once I filled that up than to spring for a 16 right off - and I still had an employe discount at Best Buy in February.

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']I'll settle for a 32gb card for $50 or $60. Hopefully on Black Friday![/QUOTE]

This. $50-$60 is a more reasonable price range. $80-$100, heck no!

You can find 32GB for $60 or so on warehouse deals from amazon once and a while. I ordered one months ago and for some reason they sent me two. Sold the other to a CAG.

[quote name='62t']I paid $72 for a 32gb off amazon back in August. I thought that was a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

How can that be a reasonable price when a usb 32gb drive costs $20?

Has anyone filled or nearly filled their 32 GB card yet? Is 32 GB big enough? I bought an 8 GB and filled it instantly. With all the games on PSN Sony should be selling a 64 GB already.

[quote name='perfectsil']How can that be a reasonable price when a usb 32gb drive costs $20?[/QUOTE]

Because USB drive been around a long time and Vita memory card been out for a few months?

[quote name='kupomogli']...With the recent patch to ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, the button lag is so minor that you really can't notice it. I'd rather have them taking the time to release only a few games that play as if you were right there playing the PS3 rather than playing everything with an unplayable amount of button lag.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this information, I had no idea they released this patch. I'm surprised this was out a month ago and this is the first I'm hearing about it, but I guess I shouldn't be since I don't frequent gaming sites other than this one as often as I used to.

[quote name='Namerson']Has anyone filled or nearly filled their 32 GB card yet? Is 32 GB big enough? I bought an 8 GB and filled it instantly. With all the games on PSN Sony should be selling a 64 GB already.[/QUOTE]

My 32 is about filled up and that's with 3 full PS vita games (MGS HD, Uncharted, New Little Kings Story). 7 physical games, and a combination of 45-50 PSP/Minis/Psone games.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I know this isn't the best forum to ask this, but it definitely fits the topic. I am considering buying a Vita bundle that comes with a 4 GB card (such as the Assassins Creed bundle). I can't ever see myself buying any retail release as a digital version because I am cheap and will wait until the retail version price drops for most games (also, I hate not being able to re-sell/trade in something that I paid for). I know there are still some titles that are digital only that I will want, but I assume most of those titles are smaller in size. Is a 4 GB enough for my needs or am I better off not getting a bundle and buying a larger card seperately.[/QUOTE]

All of the digital only titles that I can think of are pretty small in size but many of the demos are full size (buying the game just unlocks like on the ps3). So a 4gb card is fine if you just plan on playing demos and deleting them afterwards but not so good if you want to actually download and keep games on the card.

I got the launch 3g/wifi bundle when it launched the week early but if I were to buy another one I'd just get a wifi stand alone version and then games and a >8gb card separately. It is a great handheld for anyone that travels. Its 1000000 times better than phone games and offers a different experience than the 3ds, closer to what you get on the PS3 or 360. Plus, trophy hunting is a lot of fun knowing it accumulates with your PS3 trophies/level.

[quote name='kupomogli']
The most overused excuse from a CFW PSP owner that pirates games. "I pirate, but I purchase the games if I like them." Which is just a bs excuse and everyone knows it. Playing homebrew on the PSP as an excuse is bs as well, since most homebrew is pretty crappy compared to what you can play on the system, and anyone who pays $200 for a console just to hack it and play emulators is a moron, especially when you could have got a laptop for a little bit more and play more emulators that were far more accurate at rendering the product.

They've never said this. Even during the PSP cycle they never did. With the Vita announcement they announced the prospect of remote play and only said they are going to have more games playable through remote play, which so far they have. They've never made an announcement of all games being playable through remote play, that was a fabrication through gaming sites that posted the assumption as fact.
[/QUOTE]

To your first point...sorry, but the majority of PSP games were, indeed, garbage. You had few very good titles; your Dissidias, Monster Hunters, God of Wars, etc...but for the most part, the console was plagued by subpar games. I never mentioned piracy and I do not condone piracy. My point was to unlocking more potential to the portable through homebrew, customization, and other features. How many current Vita owners waiting on more games wouldn't love to install their favorite NES emulator right now and have a use for their Vita again?

To your second point, I never said "they promised Remote Play". I said the promise of Remote Play. As in "the good it could potentially be"...The very name of it "Remote Play" would kind of denote that you'd be able to......play remotely....maybe I'm crazy.

As for the PS3 CFW with remote play, I did know about it. However, I have no intention of installing cfw on my ps3 to do it. By Sony's own admission, some games can't properly perform RP because of technical limitations. Some games are too much of a burden on the console's hardware.

Back to the original topic going on, I'm cruising with an 8 GB, have 3 downloadable games, 3 demos, and 3 retail games. As of yet, I have not run into any issues w/ space. Very few demos, like Resistance, weigh in over 1 GB in size.

I advise anyone who can afford it to get the 32GB. It makes the Vita a lot more convenient. I have New Little King's Story, half a dozen PSP games, and almost two dozen PSOne games on mine.

Still contend with the 4gb one... Going to wait a bit for cheaper or bigger card. Personally, I think the Vita is a great piece of hardware, LBP is a lot of fun!

20% off isn't bad, but $80 for a 32gb is still a tough sell. I hope we get some Black Friday deals on memory cards because I've got a 4 gb and MAN it is not working out well for me. I can get a 16gb for $30, but really want that 32gb. I've got like 30 PSN/Minis and 12 PSP games and while I don't want to load them all up, I still want to have a decent amount on there.

[quote name='KryllFood']To your first point...sorry, but the majority of PSP games were, indeed, garbage. You had few very good titles; your Dissidias, Monster Hunters, God of Wars, etc...but for the most part, the console was plagued by subpar games. I never mentioned piracy and I do not condone piracy. My point was to unlocking more potential to the portable through homebrew, customization, and other features. How many current Vita owners waiting on more games wouldn't love to install their favorite NES emulator right now and have a use for their Vita again?

To your second point, I never said "they promised Remote Play". I said the promise of Remote Play. As in "the good it could potentially be"...The very name of it "Remote Play" would kind of denote that you'd be able to......play remotely....maybe I'm crazy.

As for the PS3 CFW with remote play, I did know about it. However, I have no intention of installing cfw on my ps3 to do it. By Sony's own admission, some games can't properly perform RP because of technical limitations. Some games are too much of a burden on the console's hardware.

Back to the original topic going on, I'm cruising with an 8 GB, have 3 downloadable games, 3 demos, and 3 retail games. As of yet, I have not run into any issues w/ space. Very few demos, like Resistance, weigh in over 1 GB in size.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the majority of games released on every console/handheld are crap. The PSP had its fair share of crap, but it was not all bad and there was no shortage of great/good games. At the height of my PSP purchasing I owned 120+ games, and played through about 70 of those (all of which I enjoyed). I can easily spout off dozens of games that I would highly recommend on the PSP. It is definitely my favorite handheld game wise, but I am hoping the Vita changes that in the long run.

Also, thanks OP. Going to grab myself a 32GB card. I have $45 in credit with no idea what to do with it, so this works out perfect. :)

[quote name='KryllFood']To your first point...sorry, but the majority of PSP games were, indeed, garbage. You had few very good titles; your Dissidias, Monster Hunters, God of Wars, etc...but for the most part, the console was plagued by subpar games. I never mentioned piracy and I do not condone piracy. My point was to unlocking more potential to the portable through homebrew, customization, and other features. How many current Vita owners waiting on more games wouldn't love to install their favorite NES emulator right now and have a use for their Vita again? [/QUOTE]

Well, in all fairness, the majority of games on almost every console suck- especially on systems like the Wii, DS, and PS2 that are super popular and get tons of shovelware. I don't think the PSP library was that bad- it had quite a few really good games. I could probably name around 30+ great PSP games. I enjoyed my PSP more than the DS, because a lot of the games on the PSP felt... like instant classics? It's like the N64 vs the PS1. The PS1 was more popular, and generally had a lot more good games than the N64, but the N64 had a lot of the amazing, instant classics that the PS1 lacked- not saying it had none, but there are few PS1 games that stand up to games like OoT or SM64. I don't believe that people should flaunt the PSP library as a reason to buy the Vita though, because people probably didn't buy it to play PSP games. If that were the case, they'd just get a PSP. Plus, some of the best PSP games aren't even on PSN.

As for my Vita usage, it actually gets used quite a bit. I use it for YouTube when I'm not playing games (I have plenty of other devices capable, but it looks the best on the Vita- same with Netflix on the go). There are also quite a few Vita games I want that I have yet to pick up. Not to mention all the Vita games coming this month and next month. Going to have to skip some and get them later. I can understand how it would suck if you had no other consoles to play at all, and you only had a Vita.

I am having issues with a lack of games for my 3DS though- have only bought 3 retail games for it this year. It needs games badly.

I have an 8GB memory card with 1GB free, and I have 4 PS Mobile games, 1 digital retail game, 5 downloadable games (some of which are fairly big- Escape Plan), and the WipEout DLC. Would like to get a 32GB memory card, because I've had to juggle around my content just so I have space- though the 8GB has worked mostly fine. Have had PS1 and PSP games on there too, but removed them so I could put more Vita stuff on- new stuff has priority over old stuff. A 16GB card might be okay, but it's not a very good deal.

I got extremely lucky and got a brand new 32 GB $60 (free shipping) on ebay. You can get them cheap if you are willing to put the work and find what's out there ebay and amazon warehourse deals are great. Also look for CAG's that are selling their Vita stuff.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Thanks for the advice everyone. It sounds like I should avoid a 4GB card or at least plan to use it only temporarily. I may just get a refurb Vita and avoid a bundle anyway.[/QUOTE]

I would get the Assassin's Creed Bundle. Actually I was thinking about selling my 3G Vita to get this bundle. The white PS Vita looks so beautiful!

On topic. Yes it is still expensive, and if you must to pay shipping or tax, it will be even more expensive. Let's wait for Black Friday! :)

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']I'll settle for a 32gb card for $50 or $60. Hopefully on Black Friday![/QUOTE]It already hit this price 2 or 3 times online. GS has refurbs for these prices on some & the 32 GB is always $81.XX @ walmart which AMZ matches when they're not cheaper or matchiing the current BB deal. When the 100% BB trade in comes back just flip stuff from GS & pm the walmart deal you'll be out $40ish.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325145

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9911010#post9911010

also,
all vita accessories are on sale
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...616c65&add_to_pkg=false&pagetype=listing&gf=y

[quote name='KryllFood']I'm kind of surprised by all of the people that are disappointed in their Vita. I've personally enjoyed it immensely. Even though MK is a crappy port (graphically), it's still a lot of fun.

I just wish Sony realized that hacks / mods didn't really kill the PSP. Crappy games killed the PSP. The very existence of homebrew and emulators probably sold way more units than they ever would have if the system were locked.

My main disappointment on the Vita so far is the same one I had w/ the PSP. That is the promise of "Remote Play". I'm still waiting for the day that full remote play is possible on ANY title.[/QUOTE]

No piracy did kill the PSP. It sold a lot of units b/c of modding but it also lost a lot of game support from developers b/c everyone just pirated their games on it.

I had a Vita and was disappointed by it. I ended up selling it and now I have a 3DS and don't regret it. The Vita had no games at the time and still doesn't have games that I really want to play. Even the games coming out aren't that impressive.

I'll get a Vita when I can get it for $140 or less. Whether that be from a price drop or used.

Also, here is my personal list of the PSP's best games. It did have a lot of great games. Though these games didn't sell in the millions, they were still the systems best and easily 8 / 10's and up.

Beats, Brave Story: New Traveler, Burnout Legends, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy, Daxter, Disgaea 1 and 2, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, DJ Max Portable (series), Hot Shots Golf (series), Final Fantasy (remakes / series), flOw, Guitaroo Man Lives!, God of War (series), Grand Theft Auto (series), Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, Jeanne d'Arc (one of the best strategy RPG's I've ever played. Among my top 25 games of all time), Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, LocoRoco (series), Lumines (series), Me & My Katamari, Monster Hunter (series), MotorStorm: Arctic Edge, Patapon (series), PixelJunk Monters Deluxe, Ridge Racer, Pursuit Force (series), Secret Agent Clank, Syphon Filter (series), Tokobot, Wipeout (series) and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would bite on a 16gb, but I cant really justify it with an 8gb I got for 10$ and fits quite a few of my downloads. If they go over 50% off I'll be in

A bit OT but maybe someone can help. I have Madden (digital version). Is there a way to turn the replays, etc. off? The lag from the extra non-gameplay stuff makes the games take forever.

bread's done
Back