Pre order Black ops 2 receive @Gamer special COD editon free

jonnysniper

CAGiversary!
Saw on bestbuys twitter that they were giving away @Gamer COD editon for free when you pre order balck ops 2 just went cashier rung up pre order first then magazine and it automatically worked payed only 5 bucks

https://twitter.com/bestbuy/status/255412349241008128

This way if you haven't preorder and you were you can get coupons without having to buy mag

*update*for some people needing more than a tweet here's a Facebook link I know it's not much but it might help http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...a.10150544516022022.400085.12699262021&type=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I noticed they no longer have the dogtags, but I'll take the magazine as I still need to get my fiance this game.

Cool. When I go to pick up Dishonored tomorrow I'll cancel my current BOII preorder and re-preorder it. Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']what if i already pre ordered?[/QUOTE]

Let me add on to that what if I already got a pre order in for the care package I guess I'm just SOL huh? Should have just added to all existing pre orders as well

Hmmm, the magazine AND the $20 credit?
Sure why not.

I'll see if my friend wants my NewEgg preorder, if not I'll just cancel.

I wonder if there is a way to make this work for online pre-orders. I'd love to get the magazine so I could use the PS+ coupon, but living far from the BB I usually go to makes PMing Black Ops 2 a pain.

OK somebody find out what to do if you already pre-ordered. And, don't you get the magazine anyways if you are an UNLOCKED member??

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I wonder if there is a way to make this work for online pre-orders. I'd love to get the magazine so I could use the PS+ coupon, but living far from the BB I usually go to makes PMing Black Ops 2 a pain.[/QUOTE]

That's the main reason I want the magazine. I think I'll pre-order it tomorrow even though I know I won't pick up the game...

Just noticed this. The PS+ coupon is valid is until (11/17/12), that's the weekend before Black Friday. I'm hoping there's a sale on PS+ before then. I'm going to hold onto my coupon until then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I'll try this tomorrow. I Gamer unlocked membership is expiring in a couple days. I was also going to try to see if I could get the Call of duty magazine free with my renewal. Has anyone tried this?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. I'll try this tomorrow. I Gamer unlocked membership is expiring in a couple days. I was also going to try to see if I could get the Call of duty magazine free with my renewal. Has anyone tried this?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, IATCG was successful, but others needed an override.

Forgive my ignorance but if you do a pre-order at Best Buy and do not pick up the game, does your $5 pre-order fee get refunded on your credit card? Or, is it like GameStop and you now have a $5 credit? Sorry, I've never done a pre-order at Best Buy. And, yes, I know about the $20 credit thing. I am just too cheap to make an initial payout of $60 for a game. LOL.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Forgive my ignorance but if you do a pre-order at Best Buy and do not pick up the game, does your $5 pre-order fee get refunded on your credit card? Or, is it like GameStop and you now have a $5 credit? Sorry, I've never done a pre-order at Best Buy. And, yes, I know about the $20 credit thing. I am just too cheap to make an initial payout of $60 for a game. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what they do but I'm interested to find out the answer if anyone knows. I wonder if you can cancel preorders over the phone with customer service as well if you paid with a credit card?

[quote name='hereon']If an Xbox guy decides to do this, and has no need for the ps+ coupon- hook me up ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually opposite for me. I'll be using the psn+ coupon but have no use for the xbox live one. Pm me if you want to work out a way to get mine, no newbies please

Usually, if it's past 30 days they will give you store credit because the system won't be able to find the purchase. It might be longer if you're a rewards club member. I usually do my preorders using gift cards or store credits.

I went to BB this morning to pick up Dishonored and brought my COD preorder receipt to inquire about the magazine. The gaming rep (the one who still works there) said he had no idea about this magazine and knows they do not have any. Said all they have is the current one with Assassin's Creed on the cover. Said to come back in a week or so to see if they have it.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Forgive my ignorance but if you do a pre-order at Best Buy and do not pick up the game, does your $5 pre-order fee get refunded on your credit card? Or, is it like GameStop and you now have a $5 credit? Sorry, I've never done a pre-order at Best Buy. And, yes, I know about the $20 credit thing. I am just too cheap to make an initial payout of $60 for a game. LOL.[/QUOTE]

They will refund your $5 back to whatever method of payment you used.

[quote name='blazenumb1']They will refund your $5 back to whatever method of payment you used.[/QUOTE]
I think you need to go back in with your receipt to get it though.

Edit- looking at the back of the preorder card for dishonored, it says deposit receipt may be refunded at the customer service desk.

Yeah, you have to actively go back and ask for a pre-order/cancel I think. And if you got a pre-order bonus I don't know if they necessarily have to refund without the item, though I don't think I've heard anyone ever have a problem with it.

Might pre-order just to get the PS+ coupon in the mag. Though I would happily send $1 paypal to any CAG with the coupon who is not planning on using it and wouldn't mind mailing it to me.

If for some strange reason your BBY still has joust Xbox live cards (my local store had some until last month). They are 49.99 instead of 59.99. Plus you get a Joist game DL code also.

I got a few of these when they had the $20 off text a while ago.

It's a long shot. Hopefully someone can get the SKU as I'm at work right now.

So the magazine is $10..but a preorder is $5. Even if you don't get the $5 back that makes no sense but not that surprising.

Anyway I planned on pre-ordering for the $20 credit anyways and wanted that PSN+ coupon so it is a pretty good deal

[quote name='mightymek']I went to BB this morning to pick up Dishonored and brought my COD preorder receipt to inquire about the magazine. The gaming rep (the one who still works there) said he had no idea about this magazine and knows they do not have any. Said all they have is the current one with Assassin's Creed on the cover. Said to come back in a week or so to see if they have it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I think I'l wait a week or so for this news to filter down to the stores.

[quote name='mightymek']I went to BB this morning to pick up Dishonored and brought my COD preorder receipt to inquire about the magazine. The gaming rep (the one who still works there) said he had no idea about this magazine and knows they do not have any. Said all they have is the current one with Assassin's Creed on the cover. Said to come back in a week or so to see if they have it.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I just got back from my BB and they had a huge stack of them just sitting in the gaming section. Rang up for free with my pre-order no prob.

I'm not seeing black ops 2 as part of the $20 promo anymore. They may have removed the $20 in place of this mag. If so, that sucks.

[quote name='ghozt']I'm not seeing black ops 2 as part of the $20 promo anymore. They may have removed the $20 in place of this mag. If so, that sucks.[/QUOTE]

You're right! In that case, screw the extra magazine, I'd rather have $20. I might ask about it next time I'm there anyway but I doubt they'll give me one.

[quote name='ghozt']I'm not seeing black ops 2 as part of the $20 promo anymore. They may have removed the $20 in place of this mag. If so, that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Not this again. It is and always has been apart of the $20 promo.

In-store orders only. Meh. Seems like whenever someone posts about the missing RZ points for this promo, it's because they ordered in-store and not online for pickup.

I just don't know. All I want out of the coupons is the $15 off PS+.

[quote name='aircobra']Not this again. It is and always has been apart of the $20 promo.[/QUOTE]

But it no longer shows up under that promo.

If you go through myrz.com it still shows up but if you look up the game the promo is not listed and if you go to the promo from bestbuy.com it does not. Could be that myrz just hasn't been updated yet.

You will only see it be part of the promo on the RZ gamer club page. It's not open to the public, only RZGC.

Go to myrz.com and log in then go to gamers club page. You can verify it there.

The MODS on the BBY forums already addressed this issue and it IS still offered, just only on the GC page.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-2-Does-it-qualify-for-the-20-Preorder/m-p/555682/highlight/true#M6663

I was told it had something to do with the devs.

You guys think I'll be good I already have it pre ordered.but could pre order anything to get this deal.
That should work right?

[quote name='aircobra']Not this again. It is and always has been apart of the $20 promo.[/QUOTE]

That's good then as I plan on putting my pre-order down today. I saw 2 different lists when logging into myrz at different times. One showed blops2 on the very bottom, the other didn't have it at all. Currently, with the game in my cart, there is no mention of the $20 under the list of offers.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You will only see it be part of the promo on the RZ gamer club page. It's not open to the public, only RZGC.

Go to myrz.com and log in then go to gamers club page. You can verify it there.

The MODS on the BBY forums already addressed this issue and it IS still offered, just only on the GC page.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...e-20-Preorder/m-p/555682/highlight/true#M6663

I was told it had something to do with the devs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Weird that these two pages look the same otherwise but one has BLOPS2 and the other doesn't but the thread you posted directly references these pages so i ugess that was settled a while ago.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f80095b29

bread's done
Back