I need help selecting a digital camera

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'm graduating from high school soon, and I've decided to buy myself a really nice digital camera that will last me a long time with the money from my graduation party, some money I was saving up for the 360 (with all of the great games coming out this fall I've decided to skip the 360 for now), and some money my parents gave me for graduation.
I've narrowed it down to three choices:
Nikon Coolpix 8700
Nikon D70
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Right now I'm leaning towards either the D70 or the Digital Rebel. My old newspaper/yearbook teacher had the D70, so I've used it quite a bit and I know what it's like. I'm planning on visiting BB tomorrow and looking at the Digital Rebel to see what it's like.
Can anyone give me any recommendations?

I've heard good things about the D70, though I haven't used it personally. If you already have experience and feel comfortable with that model I say go for it.

Nikon and Canon are both good brands. I have personally owned a Canon for about two and a half years, and it has been nothing but great.

I own a Nikon Coolpix and my wife owns a Canon. Neither one of has had any problems. I would recommend whatever fits your budget would be the way to go. I would recommend one that allows for different lenses, mine does not and my wife's does.

CTL

bread's done
Back