Best Buy Lord of the Rings: War in the North Collector's Edition $29.99 FS

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Didn't find a post on this and saw this online, its ten dollars cheaper then the previous price drop

Free shipping at Best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Lor...2&skuId=3432088&st=war in the north&lp=5&cp=1

Here are some others too

WBStore (dont know the shipping though)

http://www.wbshop.com/product/lord+...D=1002879231&gclid=CKfAvIP68rICFcxAMgodSTEACQ

And Fry's (careful this has S10 shipping)

http://www.frys.com/product/6752495

The extras are pretty cool, especially the map. The game on the other hand pretty meh.

If the links don't work just search "war in the north" on their search bar.

[quote name='thelonepig']I picked this up at Best Buy a few months ago for $19.99. Odd they'd increase the price.[/QUOTE]

That was probably YMMV clearance, whereas this is most likely a universal price drop.

I picked this up for $30 a few months ago. Still haven't played the game but the map and the troll statue I got with it (I guess they had tons in the back) are pretty damn cool looking.

I have this CE. The game would be pretty great if I wasn't the victim of a game-ending glitch where I'm stuck in chapter 5 with no way of advancing. :whistle2:(

Very tempted by this, I'm a bit of a Tolkien fan and I like the extras in the package.

The heck with it... in for one! :)

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I have this CE. The game would be pretty great if I wasn't the victim of a game-ending glitch where I'm stuck in chapter 5 with no way of advancing. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
I got the same glitch, do the piggyback method.
The PS3 version isn't available for shipping it seems. Doesn't really matter to me since I got it for $40 from amazon when they didn't charge tax. Great CE, and you can use the quiver to cosplay AssCreed :lol: I loved the game, great for local co op, aside from the bugs which can be avoided if you are ware of it beforehand.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I have this CE. The game would be pretty great if I wasn't the victim of a game-ending glitch where I'm stuck in chapter 5 with no way of advancing. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Same sentiments I had, except I hit the same type of glitch in a different chapter. Supposedly they devs patched the bugs out, but I've too busy (and too miffed about the glitch) to start the game over.

Game was quite fun, tho.

I've had this CE for quite a while, picked it up for around $50 on Amazon way back when. I've been happy with it. I too hit the bug that you guys are talking about on my second playthrough (PS3 version). I was able to get past it by joining a co-op game hosted by someone else and completing the level with them.

Anyway, the game is a ton of fun in co-op mode (same screen or online). I love that it has same-screen co-op, far too many games this gen eschew single-screen in favor of online-only multiplayer IMO.

If you're a Tolkien geek (guilty) I highly recommend picking it up.

[quote name='Tsel']That was probably YMMV clearance, whereas this is most likely a universal price drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it was universal. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. I think I saw it in the Shadows of the Damned for $10 thread, where others had similar success. In fact it was marked $40 and rang up $20 when I picked it up.

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm pretty sure it was universal. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. I think I saw it in the Shadows of the Damned for $10 thread, where others had similar success. In fact it was marked $40 and rang up $20 when I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Correct, i went for the regular version for $10 though should have spent the extra $10 looking back

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm pretty sure it was universal. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. I think I saw it in the Shadows of the Damned for $10 thread, where others had similar success. In fact it was marked $40 and rang up $20 when I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't universal. I picked it up right after someone reported getting it for $19.99 and it rang up at my store for $39.99. I continued to check online for a few weeks to see if it would drop to do a PM but it never did (until now, but I'm passed my PM window. Only 10 bucks, no biggie, it was worth 39.99)

[quote name='warreni']Hm. Couldn't disagree with OP more about this game. It's one of the best games of 2011.[/QUOTE]

I hope this isnt sarcasm. Can you give an explanation? i decided to bite for the swag. I cant wait to wear this in my public speaking class

I spent fifty to get this CE plus the snow troll, and don't regret picking it up, from what little I've played of it, it is better to get with two others that you know (and for the love of god use a mic found out the hard way) and won't squabble with.

[quote name='Evt']I spent fifty to get this CE plus the snow troll, and don't regret picking it up, from what little I've played of it, it is better to get with two others that you know (and for the love of god use a mic found out the hard way) and won't squabble with.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, or play couch co-op. Couch co-op with a another buddy or loved one (preferably also a LOTR fan) is very fun due to the heterogeneity in characters.

I got the vannila game a few months ago and couldn't finish it, i thought the idea was great but the combat was terrible and over all not fun to play. I would love an RPG openworld LOTR game though =(

Played this game long after it was patched. It was a tad bogged down at the very beginning but then it got much better pretty quickly. I really enjoyed it actually. A little "mindless" to some extent, but really, I enjoyed the game. My review of it.

I'm pretty tempted to pick this up I'm just doubting I'll play it again and am hesitating to spend the money on just the extras.

Anyone how has money and like LOTR a little buy this. The majority of the quiver is real leather (smells awesome) and is full sized (quite wearable). Map is great canvas materials. The case has special art that says limited edition and has a different appearance. Incredible quality worth 30$.
Never played the game but it has Co-op 2 local 3 not.

Got this for 20 a few months back. It was a mediocre game I remember be pissed when I got a game breaking glitch luckily I joined someone in co-op that was around the same part and beat the game with them. I'd say the extras are better than the game

[quote name='PublikDefender']i'm such an idiot for buying this for $40. the game is good, though.[/QUOTE]
This. It's a decent couch co-op.

bread's done
Back