Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Dagger at GoodWill

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Hey guys,

I just bought this uncharted 2 fortune hunter edition's dagger at my local goodwill store. No Joke.
It was in plain view, on a top shelf, behind the register, with a price sticker for $8. The cashier said it was there for almost a week and none of the employees didn't know what it was. I also spent an hour treasure hunting in the store, looking for the box set with no luck. I recalled a complete set could fetch up to $3000 dollars, but that was 2/3 years ago. I was wondering what would be estimated value for this dagger? I believe there are only 200 made and were not sold in-stores.

dscn3130z.jpg

It seems like someone donated the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Special Edition to GoodWill.
Because a seller just listed an Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter without the Dagger on eBay :( .
He's/She's from Los Angeles, and I'm from Los Angeles also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCHARTED-2...4430?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a7a900e8e

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad you couldn't find the rest of it, still an amazing find though. Not sure how much someone would pay for just the dagger but a completed set recently sold on ebay for $1500.

Great find! It's even weirder to me though why someone would get rid of dagger and try to sell it still.
Most people who would be buying this are hardcore collectors and want the whole set. Although I guess an incomplete one would still sell for something because so few were made.

thanks for the advice and comments.

I'm going to wait and see if someone buys this seller's incomplete box set (supposedly there is 10 watchers on it). If he/she does get a buyer, I will then ask the seller if it possible if I can get the buyer's username so I can pm the buyer if he's interested in buying my dagger. If not, I'm just hold on to it or list it on craigslist for fun and see if I get any offers.

This is probably one of the best finds I've seen on CAG. I wish I could find anything half-way decent at Goodwill or some other thrift stores.

All I ever find is crap.

Congrats OP.

so are we assuming the rest of the set was at goodwill? or did this dagger got loose somehow and ended up at Goodwill?

it would have been some shit if you just missed the rest of the set. (personally, i'd rather not know b/c it would piss me off if i just missed it)

[quote name='uiengineer']so are we assuming the rest of the set was at goodwill? or did this dagger got loose somehow and ended up at Goodwill?

it would have been some shit if you just missed the rest of the set. (personally, i'd rather not know b/c it would piss me off if i just missed it)[/QUOTE]

For sure it wasn't at the goodwill where I bought the dagger at. I asked employees/workers on the back for the box set and responded they don't remember seeing it in a box. The dagger looks to be in mint condition with the strings wrap around, tightly tied, and there is 1 foam piece attached on it. It appears that the dagger has never been removed from it's cradle display.

Right after I bought the dagger, that same day, uncharted 2 fortune edition set without the dagger was listed on ebay by a new seller who's from the city where i reside.

Why do some of you assume goodwill would separate the dagger from the rest of its contents?

What makes more sense is whom ever took it to good will got rid of it themselves hence why they are bringing it to goodwill from the start , they are unaware of what they had. That seems more logical to me.

bread's done
Back