Free movie or game rental on Wednesday 10/10 (Redbox's 10th Birthday Promo)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Promo Code: BIRTHDAY
Promo code terms: Code is valid from 10/10/12 at 12am CT through 10/11/12 at 11:59:59pm CT. Limit: 1 code per transaction, regardless of # of rentals. 1 time use of code only. Code valid at box only for a 1-day standard DVD, Blu-ray DiscTM, or video game rental. Code is not valid online, via app, or for prior rentals. Your payment card (necessary for any rental) will be charged the full daily rental rate for any additional items, plus applicable tax (except for MD rental transactions for which additional tax is not charged) for the first night of rental, if applicable, and will be charged the full daily rental rate for all items plus applicable tax (except for MD rental transactions) for each day you do not return your rental by 9:00 pm local time (at the box) after first rental night. Void where prohibited by law. Code must not be copied, sold, or otherwise offered. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cannot be combined with other offers. Not redeemable for cash. Offer subject to cancellation or change at any time.

You can probably get multiple FREE rentals out of this promo code on Wednesday if you have multiple credit cards.

Fantastic, I'll be picking up Dishonored tonight after work(work til midnight) and get to try it for free! Thanks for posting!

Awesome! I will use my credit card and ask my bro to come with me so he can rent a free movie as well :) Too bad there are only Wii games on my 4 local Redbox kiosks most of the time... that's lame ): Movies should be fine to rent though :3 Thanks op!

Hopefully the Redbox on my way home from work has something. And since a certain manager is closing, hopefully we're there forever and I don't have to wait to long until midnight.

There's about half a dozen of these around me, so bound to be something to rent at one of them. Thanks for posting.

Off topic, but anybody hear any news for Verizon/Redbox subscription service? Daily rates add up over time so I stick to Netflix just using free codes for Redbox.

[quote name='zeldaking']Thanks OP! I'll be getting some Blu-ray movie.[/QUOTE]

Don't Blu-rays cost 50 cents more? I guess with the BIRTHDAY code, all formats are free...

[quote name='Serpentor']Don't Blu-rays cost 50 cents more? I guess with the BIRTHDAY code, all formats are free...[/QUOTE]
"Code valid at box only for a 1-day standard DVD, Blu-ray DiscTM, or video game rental."
^Based on the fine print Blu-ray movies are FREE also.

Posting to let everyone know that the deal is now live. Figured what better way to celebrate October gaming than with Resident Evil 6.

[quote name='Mottozero']lol 10/10 today is my birthday, looks like Redbox remembered.[/QUOTE]

you should be getting a code from them for your birthday as well

[quote name='KrisMKX']just got 17 free rentals with my 17 credit cards![/QUOTE]
That's so nice, I can't imagine myself playing 17 games or watching 17 movies in a day or two though :/

Does anyone know if the code is valid Wednesday AND Thursday? I mean if I could go to a redbox kiosk on Thursday at 3pm and still rent a movie or game. I ask because I can't rent later today (Wednesday) because I have a lot of homework to do but I have Thursday free of homework. The website says something like that, but I am really not sure. "Code is valid from 10/10/12 at 12am CT through 10/11/12 at 11:59:59pm CT"
I hope someone can clear me this, thanks! :)

Hmm, I've tried using the 'BIRTHDAY' promo code earlier today, between 1am and 2am CST, and I got nothing but the 'Promo Error' screen at various Redbox kiosks?...:whistle2:k

Sweet! Redbox is really slow to get new releases in my area and if they do within a week it's only one which is out of the way. Sometime between last night at 6 and now they put dishonored in both boxes that are literally around the corner from where I'm sitting.

edit: And one just disappeared in the last 3 minutes. Gotta run.

[quote name='louiedog']Sweet! Redbox is really slow to get new releases in my area and if they do within a week it's only one which is out of the way. Sometime between last night at 6 and now they put dishonored in both boxes that are literally around the corner from where I'm sitting.[/QUOTE]

You know, I couldn't find RE6 for PS3. It showed OOS for the 360 version, but no PS3 :(

That would have been my go to honestly.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I used Monday's free code to watch The Raid; it was pretty solid. Tried to get Cabin in the Woods at the time but it was out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Cabin in the Woods was AWESOME!!! Its so out there and over the top its just a fun movie to watch and have a good time.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, I've tried using the 'BIRTHDAY' promo code earlier today, between 1am and 2am CST, and I got nothing but the 'Promo Error' screen at various Redbox kiosks?...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I used the promo code at 12:01 CST and it popped just fine for me. I noticed shortly after I got home that the website was having issues so maybe that caused an issue with the promo code?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know, I couldn't find RE6 for PS3. It showed OOS for the 360 version, but no PS3 :(

That would have been my go to honestly.[/QUOTE]

For some reason they don't stock the PS3 version. You can see all of the games they have here. It seems odd. They also don't seem to have much stock for the 360. I've been keeping my eye on the local boxes for the past week and only saw it pop up once for a day.

[quote name='limelight022']Cabin in the Woods was AWESOME!!! Its so out there and over the top its just a fun movie to watch and have a good time.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I just watched it and my thoughts were "Glad I didn't pay to watch this, especially not in the theater"

Yay got dishonored for free with Birthday. Still got a free code from the other offer. So if I don't finish it today, i can re-rent it tomorrow.

WTF I try to uses this code for Dishonored looks like someone stole it and put the label on another disc. ANybody had this happen

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']So we have to return these by tommorow 9 PM?[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to get charged $2/night.

[quote name='j.t']WTF I try to uses this code for Dishonored looks like someone stole it and put the label on another disc. ANybody had this happen[/QUOTE]

I have not, but have heard of it. Some people are super shady. Try to call or email support and explain the situation. They should be able to track who had it last and you should be in the clear.

[quote name='j.t']WTF I try to uses this code for Dishonored looks like someone stole it and put the label on another disc. ANybody had this happen[/QUOTE]

I'll admit, when i was like 12 I did this at a movie store to get bust-a-groove.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I have not, but have heard of it. Some people are super shady. Try to call or email support and explain the situation. They should be able to track who had it last and you should be in the clear.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that a game this new has had more than one previous renter. I assume they must be using stolen credit cards or something if it continues to be a problem.

[quote name='louiedog']I can't imagine that a game this new has had more than one previous renter. I assume they must be using stolen credit cards or something if it continues to be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, either stolen, or I don't know if you can use those rechargeable CC cards at Red Box, but if so I imagine that is the case.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, either stolen, or I don't know if you can use those rechargeable CC cards at Red Box, but if so I imagine that is the case.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that you can't. Of course I've had a ton of different ones over the years and some you just pull off the shelf and activate and others have your full name and address attached. I suppose the latter may work, and there is no verification of your info like a real credit card.

[quote name='louiedog']I've heard that you can't. Of course I've had a ton of different ones over the years and some you just pull off the shelf and activate and others have your full name and address attached. I suppose the latter may work, and there is no verification of your info like a real credit card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some of the ones I've gotten as rebates I've been able to use on stuff like this, online at least for like trials, etc. And I shouldn't find it funny, but I do find it funny a thief thought buying it MSRP for $60 was too much so he made his stolen money stretch by renting and stealing. Might have even used the code too...lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, some of the ones I've gotten as rebates I've been able to use on stuff like this, online at least for like trials, etc. And I shouldn't find it funny, but I do find it funny a thief thought buying it MSRP for $60 was too much so he made his stolen money stretch by renting and stealing. Might have even used the code too...lol[/QUOTE]

Of course the question is, why go back for the fake return? If you're going to steal something why bother making the dummy disc? Maybe Redbox just doesn't go after the thieves.

[quote name='louiedog']Of course the question is, why go back for the fake return? If you're going to steal something why bother making the dummy disc? Maybe Redbox just doesn't go after the thieves.[/QUOTE]

Because if it is stolen, everyday you don't return it's a dollar whatever charge and then a maxout of the MSRP plus whatever it is Redbox charges. I'm assuming they have that earmarked for some other illegal activity.

bread's done
Back