Dishonored $59.99 + $15 Credit (48 hours sale)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Since when does Newegg do credits? At least they've had it for $48 a few times before it released.[/QUOTE]

I wonder the same. Hopefully it won't be like that from now on since I rarely buy there.

Got this from GMG for $45 on my PC and played for an hour last night. Very impressed with the game so far. Feels a lot like Bioshock to me

I'd be all over this if the promotional gift card could be added to an existing preorder, but I highly, highly doubt that's the case.

[quote name='Lucian']I'd be all over this if the promotional gift card could be added to an existing preorder, but I highly, highly doubt that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Worth asking CS for

I've asked CS before and the only way to add credit to an existing orders is to either cancel the order and reorder it or call after it has shipped and they "may" be able to credit you back.

This game looks good. I preordered xcom yesterday instead just cause bestbuy had a $15 gift card for preorder. If they match this i may get both

Please add to the OP that the PC version also comes with a $15 promotional gift card:

:pc: Dishonored

Edit: The Digital Foundry has already done a Face Off of this game. I've never seen them be able to complete one on release day, that's crazy.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dishonored-face-off

Dishonored: The Digital Foundry Verdict
"The PC version of Dishonored is a creditable version with many advantages over the two console builds and is the preferred buy, while the differences between the PS3 and Xbox 360 games are wafer-thin."

In all, it's good news for everybody involved. As far as distinguishing points go, we're left with only a couple of oddities between the three formats to call out on. This includes the 360's gaudy splashes of colouring on certain surfaces, which otherwise remain clear on PS3 and PC, and the way shadows manifest in at differing angles on PS3. However, image quality and assets are largely similar, if not precisely identical, between the two console releases, with the PC going the extra mile with higher-grade textures and character models.

The widened field-of-view of the PC version bears mention too, plus the added accuracy of its mouse controls, which help greatly with lining up long-range projectiles or placing your next blink. Moving straight to the console versions afterwards also brings to light the higher levels of auto-aim worked into their targeting systems, plus the lengthier loading times in-between missions. The PC release may lack the extravagant PhysX bells and whistles added to Borderlands 2, but a respectable level of care has still been taken with this edition.

Overall, we've little to complain about when it comes to Arkane Studios' delivery of Dishonored on each platform. The core tenets of its branching stealth gameplay remain intact across the board, and the visuals are tightly pared. If you're steadfast in your console allegiance, the only considerable negative would be the higher rate of tearing on PS3 - though much of this is mirrored by the 360 version during combat. But if dropped v-sync is something you can overlook, the decision may well come down to controller preference, or even your uses for the PS3's 5.1LPCM support. Either way, Dishonored easily arrives as a worthwhile proposition on any platform."

Summary: The game performs fine on all platforms.

On the actual product page it says the offer is $15 promotional gift card w/ purchase, ends 10/15. Is this deal separate from the 48 hour one?

I ordered it. Noticed it says the sale ends on the 15th on the site itself. Not sure if that is a typo or if the sale changed.

game looks to be short, if I was dieing to play it, I can just redbox it. Being a bethesda game, definitely seeing dlc in the future, will wait for goty editon.

[quote name='Newl']game looks to be short, if I was dieing to play it, I can just redbox it. Being a bethesda game, definitely seeing dlc in the future, will wait for goty editon.[/QUOTE]

It's not made by Bethesda, so I don't see how DLC is a sure thing.

man I really want this game but my backlog is huge I have yet to finish Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6, by the time I'm done with them Dishonored will probably get a price drop (at least I hope so)

I purchased this game completely blind (purposely) and I managed to beat the game in one sitting (5 hours). granted I didn't do all of the side quests, I did a few. on medium. Its a pretty fun game, but I think its more of a 20$ purchase.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']man I really want this game but my backlog is huge I have yet to finish Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6, by the time I'm done with them Dishonored will probably get a price drop (at least I hope so)[/QUOTE]

^this. I beat Borderlands 2 but I'm only level 30 and I'd really like to put more time into it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Your BBY matches Newegg?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 2 of my local stores do. I used the PM to get the DMC Collection on PS3 for $11 (expiring RZ certificate) and during the B2G1 3DS sale a few weeks back, along with Amazon and Gamestop prices, to build up a nice collection for me and my brother on the cheap (paid for all of it with trade-in gift cards).

Unfortunately, I forgot I pre-ordered Dishonored online, which means to PM you have to go through Best Buy CS over the phone. They are definitely not as lenient regarding their PM's as in-store, so I'm hoping Fry's or someone else puts it on sale soon.

[quote name='Ilovecereal']I purchased this game completely blind (purposely) and I managed to beat the game in one sitting (5 hours). granted I didn't do all of the side quests, I did a few. on medium. Its a pretty fun game, but I think its more of a 20$ purchase.[/QUOTE]

only 5 hours? ouch well no doubt this will be 20 dollars in 2 months then

[quote name='kayne2000']only 5 hours? ouch well no doubt this will be 20 dollars in 2 months then[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind if you know anything about the game if he did all the side quest and what not its a 15-20 hour game. Plus, the idea is to try the levels in multiple ways which boosts its replay ability a lot. Don't write it off just yet even at $60.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']man I really want this game but my backlog is huge I have yet to finish Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6, by the time I'm done with them Dishonored will probably get a price drop (at least I hope so)[/QUOTE]

Or you could just do the right thing: return RE6 for a full refund, then use the money/store credit to buy Dishonored. Of the games you listed, I'd think that RE6 is the one worth waiting on to get a [huge] price drop.

is RE6 really that bad? I haven't even started playing it yet, I bought the Anthology version and opened it to redeem the RE1-5 PSN codes so I can't return it, if I don't end up liking it I can always trade or sell the game

[quote name='LazyTriangle']is RE6 really that bad? I haven't even started playing it yet, I bought the Anthology version and opened it to redeem the RE1-5 PSN codes so I can't return it, if I don't end up liking it I can always trade or sell the game[/QUOTE]

Its pretty freakin' bad. I been playin thru the coop in small sections with my buddy on Tuesdays but its pretty awful. We are a only on the Leon campaign but im not even sure its worth the discounted rentals we are getting it for at Redbox

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this is seriously getting out of hand.

I too bought the anthology and found RE6 to be great fun. I played by myself most of the time but left the game open for anyone to drop in as my partner. I beat the first 3 chapters of everyone's campaign and then traded it in towards Dishonored (not because I was tired of it, I just didn't want to spend much cash), but I plan to rebuy it at some point to finish everything up and get all the unlocks.

The game is not BAD in any sense of the word. If you were like me, and got the Anthology for $74.99 off a Fry's PM, you would know how sweet a deal it was for everything.

[quote name='Kecir12']Keep in mind if you know anything about the game if he did all the side quest and what not its a 15-20 hour game. Plus, the idea is to try the levels in multiple ways which boosts its replay ability a lot. Don't write it off just yet even at $60.[/QUOTE]

thats sort of the thing i never do every sidequest well ok no never ever...but rarely. the game has to be damn good for me to do them all. or there have to be very few.

still the main game being short kind of sucks.

[quote name='kayne2000']thats sort of the thing i never do every sidequest well ok no never ever...but rarely. the game has to be damn good for me to do them all. or there have to be very few.

still the main game being short kind of sucks.[/QUOTE]

Even better for you then...beat it fast, trade it in for $42, keep your $20 cert, and keep the receipt to keep PM'ing for 2 months (if you're Silver)

[quote name='LazyTriangle']is RE6 really that bad? I haven't even started playing it yet, I bought the Anthology version and opened it to redeem the RE1-5 PSN codes so I can't return it, if I don't end up liking it I can always trade or sell the game[/QUOTE]

no, its not that bad. some people have said that they didnt like it and the reviews are mixed but my friend and i are playing coop and honestly we are having a great time.

Lol at defending RE6. The worst burn I can throw at it is its literally worse than RE5. If you can handle that, by all means try it.

Resident Evil 6 is an interesting experience. It has such extreme ups and downs that it's very hard to keep up with it all. If you like the series, though, there is still plenty to enjoy. It's just drenched in shit half of the time. I actually like it more than 5. I hated five's setting, I didn't like its story very much, and it just felt like a worse 4. At least 6 is different.

I have been enjoying RE6 as well. I think people expect too much sometimes. What they did or had in the past, is exactly that. The PAST. If you don't like a game, that's fine. It gets really irritating seeing people constantly bad mouth a game all over CAG simply because it didn't appeal to them.

I was able to PM this deal at BB. They gave me a discount instead of the gift card, but i was going to get the game anyways. After waiting there for a while so they would find a way to PM, the manager apologized for the wait and gave me and extra 5 dollar credit on it.

TL, DR? I've got it for 35 bucks (or 15, with the 20 dollars cert).

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']Even better for you then...beat it fast, trade it in for $42, keep your $20 cert, and keep the receipt to keep PM'ing for 2 months (if you're Silver)[/QUOTE]

well i didnt preorder thegame so how can i get the 20 dollar certificate??

[quote name='kayne2000']well i didnt preorder thegame so how can i get the 20 dollar certificate??[/QUOTE]

you can't get it affter the game has been released.

bread's done
Back