Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Xbox 360) for 9.99 at newegg(OOS)

i bought this for 30 shortly after release.....havent played it yet, just sitting in the backlog. i really need to wait for some games.

[quote name='GUNNM']Months ago yes.[/QUOTE]

It has been in the past, which I referenced in the original post, but I missed it, and so did others probably.

Lesson learned from ff13. 'Never buy final fantasy at full price'.

Glad I bought it for fifteen bucks at bb with the voucher.

Looks like it's out of stock now. I looked for a CE version for cheap but couldn't find one.

[quote name='Blade']Looks like it's out of stock now. I looked for a CE version for cheap but couldn't find one.[/QUOTE]

I saw it for 30 at Gamestop, if that's cheap enough for you.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I really like but got burned out on the FFXIII battle system....is this pretty much the same?[/QUOTE]

It's faster paced than the system in FFXIII and the extra character(which is tame-able monsters) actually added a nice dimension. The ability tree has also been mapped out more efficiently and all around, I thought it was much more enjoyable. The weakest link was the story, but even that wasn't terrible.

All in all, if you hated the battle system, give this a try first, because it's similar, but different enough that I preferred it and want to replay with the DLC I got last week.

Got this earlier when it was posted on another site. I knew this game would be 9.99 soon like the last one. I never finished XIII because I didn't like it but still bought this in case I do. A friend told me this one is better though so might just look up a youtube video for run down on story and ending of the first and just try this one.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Got this earlier when it was posted on another site. I knew this game would be 9.99 soon like the last one. I never finished XIII because I didn't like it but still bought this in case I do. A friend told me this one is better though so might just look up a youtube video for run down on story and ending of the first and just try this one.[/QUOTE]

XIII I took a 2 and a half year hiatus from and then went back, and I found it a lot more enjoyable than I had remembered. The story picks up after the nine chapters of tutorials that take 20 hours(that's what really burned me out). Once it opens up and allows you to really get into the battle system it gets better and is definitely worth finishing.

That being said, XIII-2, as I said before, does have a similar, but better and more well thought out battle system.

Also, how do you change the name of a topic so I can say it's dead?

I must admit, I wasn't too thrilled with ff13 at the beginning. But i stuck with it to see gorgeous CG cutscenes and felt sixty bucks was just too much to quit in the very early part of the game. More and more I played, I liked tr characters, music and the world of ff13. I could not follow the story ever. But I wanted to see the lucky guy who gets to bang lighting. At first, I thought lighting had a thing with the black guy, then she turns to a little boy for some love. Then on the way vanille and fang are total lesbos. And at the end, lighting bangs no one.

So I'm playing thirteen two now and I'm at the end of chapter 4. I could see this is a short ride story wise. It's great to see serah double dipping herself with this new guy Noel. But everything else, compare to thirteen, felt cheap to me. There's no memorable music track, very little of new CG Cutscene, and I'm not too thrilled with 'gotta catch em all' monsters on your party.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I must admit, I wasn't too thrilled with ff13 at the beginning. But i stuck with it to see gorgeous CG cutscenes and felt sixty bucks was just too much to quit in the very early part of the game. More and more I played, I liked tr characters, music and the world of ff13. I could not follow the story ever. But I wanted to see the lucky guy who gets to bang lighting. At first, I thought lighting had a thing with the black guy, then she turns to a little boy for some love. Then on the way vanille and fang are total lesbos. And at the end, lighting bangs no one.

So I'm playing thirteen two now and I'm at the end of chapter 4. I could see this is a short ride story wise. It's great to see serah double dipping herself with this new guy Noel. But everything else, compare to thirteen, felt cheap to me. There's no memorable music track, very little of new CG Cutscene, and I'm not too thrilled with 'gotta catch em all' monsters on your party.[/QUOTE]

The music I was alright when it was just music, no lyrics. I like the CG in it a lot, and Noel was whiney as can be, but I still liked it. The monsters thing grew on me, and it helped when I looked into it later and saw some of the cool stuff they can do to enhance your group.

And I love your assessment for 13. I agree on most points except the story at the end did get better, but the Hope/Lightning thing got weird. Totally would have watched a cutscene of Vanielle and Fang though, just sayin'

bread's done
Back