Louie CK show "Louie" won't be returning till May 2014

Sucks for the show but we don't need another comedian having a Chappelle-esque burnout/meltdown.

Plus whenever he does stand up he always tries new material, which I have to imagine is such a tiring thing for comedians creatively. Add this with all the things he does for his show and I'm totally fine with him coming back whenever and not just forcing half assed jokes.

I am kinda glad this is happening. I mean comedies nowadays seem like they all have to be yearly, and well a lot suffer because of it. If he needs more time to make he show better and recharge, so be it. I would rather see a delayed good season then a shitty one.

This is fine. It's one of the few shows I've kind of enjoyed in the last few years. Better to put it off and not get burned out.

The better TV gets the less of it there is. 14 episode seasons are the norm now, but if that's what it takes for TV to be this good, so be it. And I'm not talking about network TV.

[quote name='usickenme']is he going to be taking funny lessons?[/QUOTE]

Yes, hopefully from your comedy heroes Kathy Griffin and Sinbad. Then he'll REALLY be hilarious.

You know what's odd is that somehow I managed to DVR the entire third season and absolutely not noticing until a few days ago. Regardless I did notice one continuity mishap...

During the season 1 episode where Louie's mom comes out of the closet she says she only had sex with Louie's dad twice which resulted in Louie and his brother. Yet somehow in the season 3 ender he now mysteriously has a sister which seemed to be more of an excuse to get Amy Poehler some kind of cameo on the show but still.

... hopefully Amy will show up a few more times during season 4.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You know what's odd is that somehow I managed to DVR the entire third season and absolutely not noticing until a few days ago. Regardless I did notice one continuity mishap...

During the season 1 episode where Louie's mom comes out of the closet she says she only had sex with Louie's dad twice which resulted in Louie and his brother. Yet somehow in the season 3 ender he now mysteriously has a sister which seemed to be more of an excuse to get Amy Poehler some kind of cameo on the show but still.

... hopefully Amy will show up a few more times during season 4.
[/QUOTE]

I believe Louie has said something along the lines that he doesn't give a shit about the continuity like that and he's more interested in the joke/story. The first episode of season 2 featured another sister who was pregnant.

[quote name='kodave']I believe Louie has said something along the lines that he doesn't give a shit about the continuity like that and he's more interested in the joke/story. The first episode of season 2 featured another sister who was pregnant.[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about that bit there. I've been rewatching season 1 on Blu-Ray so that bit about him only having one brother jumped out at me. Aw well even if he doesn't care about continuity it's still a great show.

bread's done
Back