Assassin's Creed III Encyclopedia Edition $100 - Amazon Exclusive

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Amazon.com Assassin's Creed IIII Exclusive Bonus Offer
Pre-order the Assassin's Creed III Encyclopedia Edition for Xbox360 or Playstation 3 and receive two Amazon.com exclusive physical items and two exclusive unlockable items: the Boarding Axe single-player weapon and The Captain Of The Aquila single-player character. The code will be emailed within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009LB9E4M/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_mbpacz

Announcing the Amazon Exclusive ACIII Encyclopedia Edition. With AC Encyclopedia, Graphic Novel, & DLC Pre-order Bonus http://$$$$$$$$/ThuOWi
https://twitter.com/amazongames/status/256423984344743936

This game has had the most ridiculous pre-order and "exclusive"/"limited" edition incentives. Why can't they sell one "complete" edition without spreading out content that's already available?

Doesn't say if it's hard or softcover. It's essentially $30 more for the book and graphic novel and you don't have to pay shipping like you do with Ubi.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd bite if I had $100 and hadn't already pre-ordered through Gamestop for the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

You know you can cancel your pre-order and get your money back, while also keeping the steelbook, right?

[quote name='sadunk']Doesn't say if it's hard or softcover. It's essentially $30 more for the book and graphic novel and you don't have to pay shipping like you do with Ubi.[/QUOTE]

$40 more.

[quote name='sadunk']Doesn't say if it's hard or softcover. It's essentially $30 more for the book and graphic novel and you don't have to pay shipping like you do with Ubi.[/QUOTE]

Shipping is free worldwide on Ubi.

[quote name='evisto']Hmmm... Isn't this the same as the UbiWorkShop Edition?

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-iii-collector-ubiworkshop-edition/

The price and contents would be appear to be the same.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is the same thing and that Ubisoft is just doing this to move the remaining units as I think people got less interested in the Ubiworkshop Edition after the collector's edition was announced. I know I would have ordered this if the regular edition with the steelbook was the only choice, but I'm not ordering this and the collector's edition which is already $120.

If you compare it to getting the game elsewhere, like BB, and getting back a $20 GC, it's more like $60 more. Deal breaker.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']This game has had the most ridiculous pre-order and "exclusive"/"limited" edition incentives. Why can't they sell one "complete" edition without spreading out content that's already available?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but more editions just further solidifies that the CE will be available for cheap down the line.. Well that and history of past CEs + it being a Ubi game.

[quote name='evisto']Hmmm... Isn't this the same as the UbiWorkShop Edition?

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-iii-collector-ubiworkshop-edition/

The price and contents would be appear to be the same.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

With the UbiWorkShop edition, I see some multicolored pieces of paper in an envelope. I can't tell what it is and the product listing isn't that detailed. With the Amazon edition, it's the retailer exclusive to all editions "two Amazon.com exclusive physical items and two exclusive unlockable items: the Boarding Axe single-player weapon and The Captain Of The Aquila single-player character."
msy4o3.jpg

[quote name='AwRy108']Not a deal; not even close. Wrong forum.[/QUOTE]

I actually like the deal since it makes the books about half price and there's always a decent chance the encyclopedia goes out of print. I couldn't even find the book on it's own outside of the Ubi store where it's still 50 and is unlikely to go on sale.

[quote name='Sway']With the UbiWorkShop edition, I see some multicolored pieces of paper in an envelope. I can't tell what it is and the product listing isn't that detailed. With the Amazon edition, it's the retailer exclusive to all editions "two Amazon.com exclusive physical items and two exclusive unlockable items: the Boarding Axe single-player weapon and The Captain Of The Aquila single-player character."
msy4o3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ok, after consulting this link:

http://www.ubiworkshop.com/2012/10/05/assassins-creed-iii-ubiworkshop-edtion/

It would appear that those papers are "5 extremely rare prints in a confidential envelope".

Of course the Amazon DLC you mentioned isn't included either, but since you bring it up, isn't it true that all retailer exclusive pre-order DLC (weapons, armor, skins, etc.) for previous Assassin's Creed games have eventually (6-12 months later) been included in paid DLC?

That seems to have been the case with the DLC from Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart and so on from Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, etc.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']This game has had the most ridiculous pre-order and "exclusive"/"limited" edition incentives. Why can't they sell one "complete" edition without spreading out content that's already available?[/QUOTE]

agree too many tidbits here and there you can buy...then like 4 different packages...ridic

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know there is an Encyclopedia edition available from Ubi, so I'm really curious what physical exclusives this actually has.[/QUOTE]
There's nothing exclusive about the physical contents, it's just the pre-order DLC that's (possibly temporarily) exclusive

Encyclopedia is hard and graphic novel set is soft.

[quote name='AwRy108']Not a deal; not even close. Wrong forum.[/QUOTE]
It's actually a damn good deal when you consider the 'pedia is $50 separate and the novel set is $40 separate, that's $90 of book content with the game for $100 and free worldwide shipping. Correct forum.

[quote name='squishface']i think i'll get the limited edition and see if i can just buy the book somewhere[/QUOTE]
The 'pedia and novel set should be sold separately (though really pricey) on the UbiWorkShop website.

[quote name='barrit']Amazon needs to sell the book separately. The shipping from Ubi is just too much.[/QUOTE]

I thought UBI shipping was free worldwide? It says so on their site although only for the CE.

bread's done
Back