* * * * - 23 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

#3721 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7239 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

My 2x Tomb Raider will be here tomorrow from GS. Ordered Saturday night, will arrive via UPS Ground (free value shipping) tomorrow... in plenty of time to get them out to Amazon for $75 each. Thank you to whomever posted about these, my PS4 preorder will hopefully be that much cheaper upon trade-in.

#3722 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1546 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Anyone have any luck with Sing It: Family Hits yet?  I picked one up Friday to send in, but the fact that it's saying Microphone Required on the front makes me think it's going to be a wrong upc rejection even at acceptable. 

#3723 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

I agree with everything about the stickers. Is it really that hard for you to take them off. I also feel like it enhances the odds of getting "good".

#3724 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Anyone have any luck with Sing It: Family Hits yet?  I picked one up Friday to send in, but the fact that it's saying Microphone Required on the front makes me think it's going to be a wrong upc rejection even at acceptable. 

I'm just gonna pull the artwork out. You don't need artwork to get an Acceptable grade. I'm not gonna risk trying to get a Good rating on these music game bundles. I submitted them as Acceptable and will send disc only. I think trying to get a Good rating on something like these will just draw more attention to them.

As far as stickers go. I always take mine off. Gamestop stickers are generally easy to peel off even without Goo Gone. You just have to be careful and peel slowly.

#3725 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13687 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

My Rock Revolution got denied because of "Wrong item." This means I can complain to Amazon and get moneys right?

• Bii likes this

#3726 funkmonker  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

These Amazon trade ins seem like a waste of time. 90% of my games they won't even give me $1 for

#3727 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Looks like Joe Smith is still working his shift at AFS.

#3728 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

My Rock Revolution got denied because of "Wrong item." This means I can complain to Amazon and get moneys right?

It's up to you, but I'd personally consider it an abuse of amazon's generosity. The goal here isn't to rip amazon off - they actually run a decent program. Everyone is trying to pass off a disc copy as a bundle without accessories. If you get lucky congrats, if you don't just accept the loss as part of the gamble.

#3729 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

I think he was being sarcastic pete.

#3730 Bii   *does the robot* CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Looks like I shouldn't have any hopes of Amazon accepting my one Rock Revolution I sent in (game was complete with UPC cut out). It's processing so I guess it'll be rejected soon.

#3731 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

probably, but for every one person reading this thread that thinks/knows it's sarcasm there's 10 more that think 'hey I should complain!' I know of at least two times Amazon has complained about this thread regarding customer service abuse, so I don't chance it and take the chances to shut it down when I can.

#3732 DealSeeker2U   Banned Banned   9374 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

These Amazon trade ins seem like a waste of time. 90% of my games they won't even give me $1 for

I swear you remind me someone who was banned from here. Thats it, you remind me of Fukurou.

#3733 DealSeeker2U   Banned Banned   9374 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

^ This! I have seen him post before in other threads and he is definitely being sarcastic towards people who come here and complain and then turn to Amazon and do the same to get credit knowing full well, if they have been following this thread and the previous iterations then they should know, that any game can be turned down for any reason (hello, Defiance anyone).

#3734 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Well, my Rock Revolution complete with UPC cut out was rejected as well for "wrong UPC".  Resubmitted at the $15.xx acceptable TIV and will send in a generic case and see what happens.

Anybody had success with the World Tour disc only as acceptable?  I found several complete copies at my GS today with the 3 for $10 deal but didnt pick any up yet in case its a waste of time.  I pass by this GS everyday so if people are having luck I'll pick up a couple copies tomorrow.

#3735 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hmm, my other TR CE is still processing...

Anybody had success with the World Tour disc only as acceptable?  I found several complete copies at my GS today with the 3 for $10 deal but didnt pick any up yet in case its a waste of time.  I pass by this GS everyday so if people are having luck I'll pick up a couple copies tomorrow.

Mine should be delivered to them tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Getting a little hard to tell anymore between here and the AWD thread.

#3736 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

^ This! I have seen him post before in other threads and he is definitely being sarcastic towards people who come here and complain and then turn to Amazon and do the same to get credit knowing full well, if they have been following this thread and the previous iterations then they should know, that any game can be turned down for any reason (hello, Defiance anyone).

Im glad I was around for the defiance, I feel it will be mentioned for years.

#3737 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Well, my Rock Revolution complete with UPC cut out was rejected as well for "wrong UPC". Resubmitted at the $15.xx acceptable TIV and will send in a generic case and see what happens.

Anybody had success with the World Tour disc only as acceptable? I found several complete copies at my GS today with the 3 for $10 deal but didnt pick any up yet in case its a waste of time. I pass by this GS everyday so if people are having luck I'll pick up a couple copies tomorrow.

Lets stop pushing our luck.

#3738 jj5206   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

Well, my Rock Revolution complete with UPC cut out was rejected as well for "wrong UPC".  Resubmitted at the $15.xx acceptable TIV and will send in a generic case and see what happens.

Isn't World Tour only trading in for $0.50? 

#3739 funkmonker  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Isn't RR trading in for like $0.25???

#3740 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

Isn't RR trading in for like $0.25???

We've been sending RR with the bar code cut out or in a blank case as the RR Drum Bundle in acceptable condition.  I've had 2 accepted so far, but it's not looking good for the other 2 I sent out for my gf based on recent results.

#3741 funkmonker  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

We've been sending RR with the bar code cut out or in a blank case as the RR Drum Bundle in acceptable condition. I've had 2 accepted so far, but it's not looking good for the other 2 I sent out for my gf based on recent results.

Well now I'm gonna go buy a shit load

#3742 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I sent my RR in straight up and got 'good' value on it.

#3743 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

Mine has been processing for 7 days. :(

#3744 funkmonker  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

So I sent a trade offer for 2 copies for $31 something then I checked local gamestops and found that they only have one in stock.

Will amazon get pissy that the packing slip says 2 copies but I only sent one

#3745 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37463 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

So I sent a trade offer for 2 copies for $31 something then I checked local gamestops and found that they only have one in stock.

Will amazon get pissy that the packing slip says 2 copies but I only sent one

From the OP:

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)

Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

#3746 funkmonker  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

From the OP:

I submitted two for ps3

Can I sent one ps3 and one x360

#3747 chaenate   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

chaenate

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

Just received Tomb raider CE from Gamestop. Has different UPC. Sad,,,

#3748 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

I submitted two for ps3

Can I sent one ps3 and one x360

Nope

#3749 funkmonker  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

Nope

At least I can get it sent back for being wrong product

#3750 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

What?