- - - - -

YMMV - Survey for $20 Off Next Origin Purchase via Email Survey

#1 Nick45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

I looked around and didn't see a thread about this, so I thought I'd make one. I got an email from EA offering $20 off my next Origin purchase in exchange for taking a short survey. It was about four or five questions, and I got a code immediately after. I have never used Origin, nor have I ever installed the client on my computer, so I thought it was kind of odd I got it. So check your email, and maybe you will get a survey!

Here are the terms:
Spoiler

#2 Apushmataha   Dragon's Crayon CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Apushmataha

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

I posted about this in another thread just a few minutes ago. I couldn't get the code to work on anything, so I googled the problem. Slickdeals posted it publicly and I assumed it's not working for me because it's been disabled. I googled again and saw this CAG thread and this post from redflagdeals about how the code was allowing any game for 19.99 for free.

#3 SpartenOmega117   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2220 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SpartenOmega117

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Just did it and got the code. Any good games to buy right now?

#4 Nick45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

For sure! I have 6 free games downloading right now:
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
Mass Effect
Medal of Honor
Mercenaries 2
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur
I was going to get more, but the site got reeeaallly slow and I got nervous, so I got just those six.

#5 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11366 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Limit 1 code per computer. Possible delete your cookie b4 u do 2nd survey ;)

#6 Darkprime   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

I'm disappointed. I got the email for the survey, took it, got the code, but now it doesn't work. So I give EA information they wanted (survey) and I get a code I cannot redeem even once. Since the survey was all about purchasing things from Origin (and why I haven't yet), I guess I'll never purchase from them.

#7 Mugatu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm disappointed. I got the email for the survey, took it, got the code, but now it doesn't work. So I give EA information they wanted (survey) and I get a code I cannot redeem even once. Since the survey was all about purchasing things from Origin (and why I haven't yet), I guess I'll never purchase from them.

It didn't work for you because other people, most of whom never even got the survey, abused it.

#8 tommythethumb   Big Boss CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tommythethumb

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

People abused the code badly so I'm sure that's why the code isn't working now. But i would send an email off to Origin and ask if there's anything that can be done to order your $19.99 or more game. The terms mention the coupon expires 10/21 so you have that going for you.

#9 Shimrra   Alone on Vita island CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image

#10 ham   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Is the code only for downloadable games?

#11 Nick45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Is the code only for downloadable games?

It was but the deal is dead now.