Best Buy Online Retailer Price Match

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This applies to in-store purchases and online purchases for shipping/store pick-up. For online orders you need to call over the phone to get the price match, there is no method to do it otherwise, but it is very painless process. The item does need to be in stock for shipping for Best Buy to price match it as well.

I called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

These are the following sites they will price match:
  • Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they still have to call and check to see if items are in stock? I'm thinking about testing this out with some of the games newegg has for $15

[quote name='shadowrage']Do they still have to call and check to see if items are in stock? I'm thinking about testing this out with some of the games newegg has for $15[/QUOTE]

Since they're matching online sites, I'm sure they'll just need to see if its in stock online(no need to call)

[quote name='kupomogli']Off topic, but if you have a buy two get one free and they price match an item. Can you use that item in a buy two get one free?[/QUOTE]
Probably not without a manager override to combine two promos.

This makes me happy, but I still feel like they will be hesitant to match awesome deals. They shot me down last year on a lot of my potential tablet price matches.

[quote name='joeyshadows']This makes me happy, but I still feel like they will be hesitant to match awesome deals. They shot me down last year on a lot of my potential tablet price matches.[/QUOTE]

Which is why this information is interesting but academic, for now. I've often had to reference or pull up Best Buy's Price Match Guarantee to get a blueshirt to comply. Until that gets changed - in writing - this will be YMMV at best.

On the phone with bestbuy.com and ordering Binary Domain and Yakuza Dead Souls for $30 total

[quote name='gantt']Which is why this information is interesting but academic, for now. I've often had to reference or pull up Best Buy's Price Match Guarantee to get a blueshirt to comply. Until that gets changed - in writing - this will be YMMV at best.[/QUOTE]

The store has a memo stating all this information. When I called my store he went and got it and read it back to me to ensure he gave me the right information. He wasn't spouting it from memory, he was reading it word for word from the memo.

Hmmmmmm awesome, but my best buy sucks lol

I'll try later with yakuza dead souls, it's still $40 there and it's $15 on newegg, let's see if it works

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yay for Newegg being on the list, ton of stuff there I'd love to get at BB. Boo at no Fry's[/QUOTE]

Fry's is a regional B&M store, so I can understand them not matching the online portion of it.

[quote name='starmask2k3']i wish gamestop was on the list :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

They kind of are, Gamestop stores and .com almost (almost) always have the same pricing and since they match local stores it should be a non-issue.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Fry's is a regional B&M store, so I can understand them not matching the online portion of it.

They kind of are, Gamestop stores and .com almost (almost) always have the same pricing and since they match local stores it should be a non-issue.[/QUOTE]

would they pm a gift card deal like walmarts deal b2g a 50$ GC free

[quote name='starmask2k3']would they pm a gift card deal like walmarts deal b2g a 50$ GC free[/QUOTE]

I believe that is Toys R Us, maybe Wal-Mart is doing it too.

Best Buy does not match bundle offers (that includes free items such as B2G1 or gift cards). Some stores will do it to keep your business, but it is not part of the policy.

[quote name='starmask2k3']would they pm a gift card deal like walmarts deal b2g a 50$ GC free[/QUOTE]YMMV but chances are BB will match the deal better than the $50. Previous policy would have them take $25 off each game or take $25 off each game & "charge" you for a $50 BB GC either of which would be much better than the TRU deal. Stores that have TRU close and/or you being willing to spend more/get 2 sets of games will increase your odds of getting the match.

While we're on the subject of matches PC Richard has an insane TV deal 3 Samsung TV's for $1400
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10049710#post10049710

One 55" LED LCD 1080p HDTV
Onr 26" LED HDTV
One 22" LED 1080p HDTV
Considering you'd also get at least $25 in RZ certs when matched @ BB & this would definitely help someone reach silver statues too

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for Best Buy for stepping their game up. I have more respect for them now. Since amazon charges tax now, I will be purchasing a lot of items in store at best buy soon.

So, wait - the B&M retail Best Buy stores will actually MATCH these retailer online pricings?

EDIT:
So, since this concerns PC games...
Will BB B&M store actually on a retail box PC game they have actually match a digital download deal from Steam (on the same game)?

I called my BB and they said they will match amazon prices as long as the items are sold by amazon. They weren't sure about newegg though.

I give them one more year so let's enjoy while it lasts.

I'll probably pricematch from Amazon but still use Newegg when possible.
They need to add Frys.com

[quote name='Blabadon']I'm not going to lie, I'm going to feel a little awkward price matching anything online at a BB store.[/QUOTE]

Why?

It's better than hauling in a physical ad to shove in some poor, unsuspecting person's face.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Why?

It's better than hauling in a physical ad to shove in some poor, unsuspecting person's face.[/QUOTE]
If you're sneaking up on people and shoving a ad in someone's face, then you're doing it wrong. Also, I don't see the need to haul an advertisement. The ones I use fit just fine in my pocket.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Why?

It's better than hauling in a physical ad to shove in some poor, unsuspecting person's face.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, it's just that price matching something like Amazon where I could get a huge deal makes it feel strange at the register.

So no one has mentioned if this online policy applies only to purchases made that day or will we still have the 30/60 day window on previous purchases? I could see there being a restriction on this that you can only PM on new purchases from online sales and only local competitors for previous purchases.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So no one has mentioned if this online policy applies only to purchases made that day or will we still have the 30/60 day window on previous purchases? I could see there being a restriction on this that you can only PM on new purchases from online sales and only local competitors for previous purchases.[/QUOTE]

Honestly that would make the most sense. It would take the "showroom" aspect away. While people who want the deals cab easily return/rebuy or roll the dice

This is awesome. I've been waiting for this for a long time now. No more waiting for shipping. It's kinda scary though. The last electronics store that did that in my area shut down a year later.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Hey guys, just a quick question, if frys is having fifa 13 for 50 bucks this week, do i need a physical ad to pm it at bb?[/QUOTE]

The actual ad no. Fry's needs to be a local competitor and you need to prove it's that price. Whether it's by having Best Buy call the store, showing the ad on your phone, or going to Fry's and taking a photo of the sale price.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']If you're sneaking up on people and shoving a ad in someone's face, then you're doing it wrong. Also, I don't see the need to haul an advertisement. The ones I use fit just fine in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

You're missing my point, but whatever.

Just spoke to someone at my local Best Buy. Said the pricematching started October 7th and will run until December 24th, except for the week of Thanksgiving (no Black Friday/Cyber Monday matching). And I asked about post-purchase PMing to an online retailer, but that is NOT part of the temporary policy. You can only PM at the TIME OF PURCHASE.

Now if this is all true or not... She sounded knowledgeable, but who knows...

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']Just spoke to someone at my local Best Buy. Said the pricematching started October 7th and will run until December 24th, except for the week of Thanksgiving (no Black Friday/Cyber Monday matching). And I asked about post-purchase PMing to an online retailer, but that is NOT part of the temporary policy. You can only PM at the TIME OF PURCHASE.

Now if this is all true or not... She sounded knowledgeable, but who knows...[/QUOTE]

Yeah this seems like the logical thing. You can either take the better price online NOW or hope the price drops in store or local competitor. I will only be using this for the truly great deals but unfortunately without the week of black Friday they might be few and far. Having a 60 day window for local competitors is still pretty darn good.

YMMV.

Every time I've tried to get a PM at BB (except for once instance), it's a PITA. The manager gets called over, they call the other store, they take their sweet time about it, etc.

So no thanks, especially with the holiday crowds, it will still be much easier (and cheaper with no tax) to order from amazon, buy.com, newegg, et. al., to order and buy stuff.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The actual ad no. Fry's needs to be a local competitor and you need to prove it's that price. Whether it's by having Best Buy call the store, showing the ad on your phone, or going to Fry's and taking a photo of the sale price.[/QUOTE]

I'm lucky in that the BBY store I usually go to has a Frys Electronics just two miles away. I've had success pricematching between both stores in person and success matching Frys prices for BBY.com orders (over the phone).

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah this seems like the logical thing. You can either take the better price online NOW or hope the price drops in store or local competitor. I will only be using this for the truly great deals but unfortunately without the week of black Friday they might be few and far. Having a 60 day window for local competitors is still pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]they'll extend the pm time frame for the holidays usually till mid Feb. so that usually can get alot of deals equal to or better than BF/cyber monday. With the exception of nintendo titles & COD type games 4 months is hella long for a game to hold it's price above $40 across the board. Some games even have their MSRP drops to $40-$50 in that time frame so sale price on top of that is really good.

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']YMMV.

Every time I've tried to get a PM at BB (except for once instance), it's a PITA. The manager gets called over, they call the other store, they take their sweet time about it, etc.

So no thanks, especially with the holiday crowds, it will still be much easier (and cheaper with no tax) to order from amazon, buy.com, newegg, et. al., to order and buy stuff.[/QUOTE]your local stores then I tend to have all my stuff together when requesting the match & will call the store myself if needed but it's been a long time since I've had a store call to confirm stock. You might wanna get in good with your gaming reps & let them goto bat for you.
The no tax thing is quickly fading plus by taking all the spending perks BB offers I easily overcome 6%-8% tax on my daily purchases. Add in being able to match unlimited thru 60 days is tough to overcome based on the shear # of stores in my area that can be matched.

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']YMMV.

So no thanks, especially with the holiday crowds, it will still be much easier (and cheaper with no tax) to order from amazon, buy.com, newegg, et. al., to order and buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

This is the main reason why i order all my preorders online for in-store pickup now. It's easier to surf the net or play games while i'm on hold with BB CS lol. One round of Gears 3 TDM for MP while i get my $10 credit ftw.

OMG this new policy is a gold mine for us who are taking advantage of BestBuy $20 GCU with preorder of certain games, and IF your Silver you have 60 days! Calling bestbuy customer service right now, I have 3 games I am price matching right now that are cheaper else where since I bought the,, so about $50 refund+$60 RZ certs I already got, so I only paid $70 for 3 new hot games!

bread's done
Back