Pokemon White/Black 2, NSMB, Mario Kart DS - $29.99 @ K-Mart

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!
Surprised I didn't see this posted, and I don't know how to find the ad online to link but I'm sure someone else can find it and link and I'll just update this post.

But yeah, I was looking through the K-Mart weekly ad this morning (a day late, I usually do this Saturday mornings) and saw it advertised that select DSi Games are $5 off. Seemed like decent deals for Mario Kart and NSMB since both are older Nintendo games that tend to hold value, but then I saw pictures of Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 each listed for $29.99.

Only 4 games were pictured in the ad with the $29.99 price:
Pokemon Black Version 2
Pokemon White Version 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS

Pretty good for games that are only a week old. I picked up White 2 with GS trade in credit and some mistimed trades for a bonus. But since I owned the first Pokemon Black and figured I'd pick up Black 2 at some point it seems that (since I still have a K-Mart GC from a botched coupon print out) I'll be getting Black 2 much earlier than expected.

Not the best deal, but better than what BB and Target were offering this week.

EDIT: fuck Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. for $29.99 each, they are old/should be Nintendo Selects at $20/not a deal/etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Kart DS and NSMB 1 for $30... each!?... what a rip off :s I bought Mario Kart DS about 6 years ago... of course not worth $30 right now.

[quote name='Ashlee']Mario Kart DS and NSMB 1 for $30... each!?... what a rip off :s I bought Mario Kart DS about 6 years ago... of course not worth $30 right now.[/QUOTE]

Well, considering that Nintendo games really don't drop in price any discount is decent.

That said, I mostly agree. I think the deal is getting $5 off the Pokemon games, which just came out last Sunday and didn't really have any GC deals that I saw.

It is the original NSMB and Mario Kart DS.

156tn43.png

Well, at least Pokemon is a pretty good deal. $5 off and these games hold their value. The other games...not so much of a deal.

Exactly, which is kind of what I figured. $29.99 isn't terrible for Pokemon and if you are like me and K-Mart is closer than BB there's little chance that they drop below $29.99 in the 30 or 60 day window because Pokemon games tend to not go on sale.

I'm heading out to pick up Black 2 pretty soon.

Good price too, but I don't have Gamefly sadly. When I used my free trials it seemed like too slow of a service to pay $15 a month. This is a pretty good non-stipulation price for those who aren't members or who haven't been there for a year or more.

Just got back from K-Mart too, and all the games were marked. Just the four, like the ad said. Had a $10 GC so only ended up paying $22 and some change for Black Version 2 after tax. Not bad. Now I just need to decide if I'll mainline White 2 and dedicate time to Black 2 or just mainline Black 2 and roll with White.

[quote name='Ashlee']Mario Kart DS and NSMB 1 for $30... each!?... what a rip off :s I bought Mario Kart DS about 6 years ago... of course not worth $30 right now.[/QUOTE]

^This. These titles should have become Nintendo Selects with a price of less than $20! Especially because they are older titles with newer sequels on the 3DS.

I'll just edit the OP and title to talk about Pokemon. Figured I'd be cursory, but seems the only discussion is around the things that I have already said in three different posts (including the first couple of sentences in the OP) are not really great deals.

The draw here is Pokemon Black/White Version 2. I said that from the very start, and have reiterated it. The NSMB or MKDS are fine if people really want those games and haven't picked them up yet, but they are old games and there are newer version out. I know that. However, those Pokemon games are a week old, and even though it's only $5 I think that's a pretty okay deal.

fuck Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. for $29.99 each, they are old/should be Nintendo Selects at $20/not a deal/etc...

There. Hopefully that helps everyone to stop focusing on the second and third games mentioned in the title. I ordered them that way for a reason. Best value to worst. Gooooooooooooolly!

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate nintendo, they never price drop their fucking games. years and years after the original launch $30 for a fucking nintendo ds game is a "deal"?... for this reason im not sure to get the fucking wii u. ill never pay $60 for the games...

Just picked up a copy from my local Kmart. It was a good deal when Amazon offered $5 off the first Black and White, and it is a good deal now that Kmart is doing it. These things will probably take forever to see a price drop. Plus, I didn't have to wait for shipping.

THANKS OP

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I'll just edit the OP and title to talk about Pokemon. Figured I'd be cursory, but seems the only discussion is around the things that I have already said in three different posts (including the first couple of sentences in the OP) are not really great deals.

The draw here is Pokemon Black/White Version 2. I said that from the very start, and have reiterated it. The NSMB or MKDS are fine if people really want those games and haven't picked them up yet, but they are old games and there are newer version out. I know that. However, those Pokemon games are a week old, and even though it's only $5 I think that's a pretty okay deal.

fuck Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. for $29.99 each, they are old/should be Nintendo Selects at $20/not a deal/etc...

There. Hopefully that helps everyone to stop focusing on the second and third games mentioned in the title. I ordered them that way for a reason. Best value to worst. Gooooooooooooolly![/QUOTE]

You should totally make the giant text your title!

Honestly though, might want to remove the Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. just to keep the focus on the Pokemon games.

Thanks for the heads up. I saw the ad on Thursday but didn't want to buy BW2. Then on Friday I got an email from SYW rewards giving me 7000 points to shop at Sears in electronic and thought what am I going to buy there. Now that I saw your post I gave it a shot to see if the points works on Kmart's video game section online and it did! Good thing too because it's expiring tonight.

Now this got me thinking if the bonus rewards points can be use on anything because I got an email during the summer for 15000 points to use in gardening. I should had just try it. Oh well.

I didn't know that either, I'll have to try points next time I have them as well.

I agree with Yamato, even $5 off these Pokemon games, given the way Nintendo items hold value, is a good deal for people who want them. Glad others have found it useful.

Even the Pokemon games should be $30 normally since they're DS games and we're now well into the next handheld's life.

So I know you were trying to be funny and ironic but you completely screwed the idea by posting it in the first place because it's true and ultimately not ironic...so in posting it in any way but it "ha-ha those idiots why would they advertise that" you sort imploded in on yourself.

Also..
[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I didn't know that either, I'll have to try points next time I have them as well.

I agree with Yamato, even $5 off these Pokemon games, given the way Nintendo items hold value, is a good deal for people who want them. Glad others have found it useful.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean, the way Nintendo FORCES it's "worth" on consumers and retailers? They are no in short supply or "rare" even after all this time so "value" is pretty subjective.

True, but their TIVs tend to hold well, and a large number of people are still seemingly willing to pay Nintendo's prices for these games. If they weren't moving from stores there would be more sales from the stores themselves on these games. There tend not to be, which implies that people feel that their asking price, even if they are old, is a decent value.

So while all DS games should be $30, or shouldn't as it's not for me to say and I'm sure even with growing 3DS sales that the DS install base still overshadows the 3DS base by a ton/Nintendo is still making a bunch of money on DS hardware and software sales, the fact is that they are not $30. The Wii U should be priced at $250 for the premium model. All Wii U models should come with that Wii Park game thing. A controller should cost at least $10 less than a new game. Etc. Not sure what any shoulds or shouldn'ts have to do with the reality that these games are not priced at $30 regardless of the subjectivity you are bringing to the way the industry should work.

When I went to K-Mart I got the last copy of Black 2, there was only one copy of White 2 left. Seemed like short supply to me.

Will Best Buy price match this deal? The only Kmart that I know that is still open is a little far away, and BB is on my way to college so I can pick it up today.

I can't find that deal on the ad so I can print it...

Good find on the pokemon games, OP. I think I will stop in and pick up one or the other. I need it for my youngest's birthday next month.

[quote name='Cangriman']Will Best Buy price match this deal? The only Kmart that I know that is still open is a little far away, and BB is on my way to college so I can pick it up today.

I can't find that deal on the ad so I can print it...[/QUOTE]

Not sure. It's not on this list so it would probably be better if you had an ad, but could be worth a shot especially if you've had accommodating BB employees in the past.

bread's done
Back