Target - Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, 360) - $14.99

I thought it was worth 15 bucks, but that included that little book from best buy. FF13 gets a lot of flack, but it's worth trying. Story is crap, but the gameplay and even the grinding is decent fun.

I missed out when Newegg had this for $10. :(

So, while $15 is definitely a nice price, I'll wait until Black Friday to see if I can find another $10 deal elsewhere.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Game is good but if you didn't like FFXIII you should probably steer clear.[/QUOTE]
Well, neither Final Fantasy XIII or XIII-2 are any good, but you are right about steering clear!

this game sucks, its the worse soap opera after wwe. i did pay 15 for it couple months ago at best buy and im not happy at all.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Did my reasonable piece of advice really manage to hit a nerve? Impressive.[/QUOTE]

I thought Final Fantasy 13 was bad but in a different thread people said 13-2 is better. I'm mildly interested in how the story turned out. I read some minor spoiler elsewhere that they leave it with yet another cliffhanger like there will be a 13-3. True or false?

[quote name='Blaster man']I thought Final Fantasy 13 was bad but in a different thread people said 13-2 is better. I'm mildly interested in how the story turned out. I read some minor spoiler elsewhere that they leave it with yet another cliffhanger like there will be a 13-3. True or false?[/QUOTE]
I would say a disappointing ending rather than a "cliffhanger". But yeah like the previous poster said, Lightning Returns is XIII-3 and will conclude the Lightning story arc.

[quote name='TooPoor']I would say a disappointing ending rather than a "cliffhanger". But yeah like the previous poster said, Lightning Returns is XIII-3 and will conclude the Lightning story arc.[/QUOTE]

Do we know if it's going to be on current gen consoles? I'd have to assume that's the case, it would be rather annoying if they put that one on the next gen.

[quote name='Blaster man']I thought Final Fantasy 13 was bad but in a different thread people said 13-2 is better. I'm mildly interested in how the story turned out. I read some minor spoiler elsewhere that they leave it with yet another cliffhanger like there will be a 13-3. True or false?[/QUOTE]

XIII-2 is essentially an easter egg hunt in the universe of XIII. You revisit old locales and collect powerful weapons, catch monsters, etc... Much of the game's enjoyment is due to that recognition of the previous game. So if you didn't like the first game, it makes little sense to go on to the 2nd merely because it is less linear. If you didn't like the battle system or the characters, I can't say XIII-2 does anything to change that. Most XIII fans would say XIII-2 is poorly paced compared to XIII, and threw the story out the window similar to what X-2 did to X.

It's just a fun little RPG with tons to do. It's not epic or in anyways more polished than the first game, but if you're a fan, I think you'd enjoy it. Full review in my sig, by the way.

I liked XIII's battle system, hated the story and characters and interest dropped off after about 5 hours. It may not be a bad game, but these days there are tons of 100+ gigantic RPGs to compete with. I am an adult now and just don't have the time anymore to sink 100s of hours into any game I just don't really enjoy.

Make no mistake, the game is fun. The GAMEPLAY is fun.

But the story and characters.....
I would give a 3/10. It's an abomination. The plot makes no sense. It's just stupid.

If you require a somewhat sensical story in your RPGs, avoid 13-2 at all costs.

I might be sold enough to buy this game from Fry's.

http://www.frys.com/product/6946637?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

[quote name='hypertek']I think the game is good. We will never have games like VII anymore in a day of vice acting and cg graphics.[/QUOTE]

Cg graphics? All graphics are cg graphics except those intros to old Command & Conquer games.

[quote name='Ralph444']Make no mistake, the game is fun. The GAMEPLAY is fun.

But the story and characters.....
I would give a 3/10. It's an abomination. The plot makes no sense. It's just stupid.

If you require a somewhat sensical story in your RPGs, avoid 13-2 at all costs.[/QUOTE]
And thats unfortunately bc story is most important in an RPG, more so than any other genre. Good gameplay cant excuse a bad RPG story.

[quote name='hypertek']I think the game is good. We will never have games like VII anymore in a day of vice acting and cg graphics.[/QUOTE]

Why would we want more games like VII? It's one of the weakest entries in the FF series. Now more games like IX and VI with the difficulty of V. :bouncy:

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Why would we want more games like VII? It's one of the weakest entries in the FF series. Now more games like IX and VI with the difficulty of V. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
VII is the best game of all time though.

[quote name='neuropunk']VII is the best game of all time though.[/QUOTE]
FIXED! X is the best game of all though.

[quote name='bruistopher']FIXED! X is the best game of all though.[/QUOTE]

3 I mean 6. Is the best all time.

I didn't like 13 at first but I stuck around and appreciated the high production value, and the characters. Outside of the storyline there weren't a lot of things to do. But that all changes on 13-2. While you only get three CG Cutscenes. And there's a hell of a lot of things to be done if you want to see and do everything in the game. But as for main story-wise. It was a quick end to see the ending. For me I went to the last boss with just 21 hrs but the three dragon bosses are killing me everytime. So I went about 4 hrs to grind and see one of the most horseshit ending on final fantasy games I've beaten. Without really spoiling the ending, ill just it does not tie up the loose ends and leads to another sequel which SE did announced sometime ago.

Good solid game if you had good time playing thirteenth FF and highly recommend at this price.

For me, I played just about most final fantasy game out there. To rank the ones that I finished, I'll rank it;

3.Tactics
7.13-2

Usually people who started with 7 say it's best while people that played before that usually say 6 is best. I'm in the 6 category. IMO 7 would have been great but it felt like half the game 6 was. Just the pre-apocalypse part.

I'm kind of surprised people are saying FFXIII-2 has so much content. I platinumed it in about 35-40 hours and wasn't even rushing. The are like two mini-games (you actually get told when you go to play them you'll have to buy the rest as DLC), and aside from a few "go here fetch this" quests there's not a tremendous about of side content. The game is really easy too.

Now I'm not slamming it. For the $15 price tag you could certainly do worse and I don't regret picking it up at that price a couple months ago, but go in with lowered expectations. The original FFXIII felt like a more complete game, and longer too.

bread's done
Back