- - - - -

Microsoft Store (B&M) - Free $20 Gift Card YMMV?

#301 Calinks   Chief Executive of St. Paul CAGing CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

I never went. Lost heart when they stopped doing the points. I really wanted those points lol.

Check out my Quick Hit Fun Game Clip of the week!

#302 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

scored 2 more 1600 points cards today thanks to my wife wanting to go...so in total I got

Free = 4-1600 MS Points cards
$15 - Doom 3 BFG
$25 - Dance Central 3
$35 - Medal of Honor: Warfighter
$35 - Forza Horizon

Not bad at all...definitely didn't abuse the MS Points like some other people, but this should suffice a few season passes for Halo 4 and CoD

596772.png

#303 Rollobobo   EAT SHIITAKE! CAGiversary!   2708 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

I got one more 1600 point card and I actually grabbed the new design 360 DVD Remote. Figured, why not! :)

#304 pinebarrens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

pinebarrens

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Picked up a 3 month xbox live card today!
http://scalpthescalper.blogspot.com/

My resource blog for buying tickets from scalpers. Check out how much $$$ I have saved buying tickets from scalpers.

#305 henhowc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Made one last run since my friend wanted to pre-order BLOPS2 and Halo 4. Good times. Thank you OP.

#306 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

Tried to do this one last time tonight, but they closed the store early to set up for tomorrow's big launch(es). Oh well, it was a good run. Probably the best deal of 2012 so far!

#307 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4533 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Finally tested out the return process, and managed to use the credit from the return and todays bing card to get 50$ off a copy of Resident Evil 6 Archive edition, I traded my copy of plain old vanilla RE6 for 38$ at bookoff, so awesome free upgrade for me.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#308 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Finally tested out the return process, and managed to use the credit from the return and todays bing card to get 50$ off a copy of Resident Evil 6 Archive edition, I traded my copy of plain old vanilla RE6 for 38$ at bookoff, so awesome free upgrade for me.

Holy shit, genius man. Good going.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#309 Lordd_G   90's Gamer 4 Life! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I love this promotion and definitely one of my top deals of the year. Glad you guys are enjoying it as much as me.

Definitely! I know I never had this much fun at the freakin' Apple Store.

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#310 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Definitely the best deal of the year so far for me. Second has to be the facebook Dance Central 3 deal where they gave out 400 pts per account. Got a few thousand free points using my various family member's accounts.

Final loot count (Myself going after work every day and with gf on weekend):
$25 Dance Central 3
$35 Forza Horizon
6 x 1600 pts cards
2 x 3 month codes
$5 usb charger thing
$5 Halo Anniversary

$10 gift card
$10 down on AC3 ($10 GC + 1600 pts with pickup) and Halo 4 ($25 GC with pickup)

Dad and gf got me:

6 x 1600 pts (a lot of these were spent on DC3 DLC though)
2 x 3 month codes

Total out of pocket cost: about $100 after tax and gas

I hope they do more of these type of deals to get people in the store in the future since I live so close to South Coast Plaza. I'll be there again in a heartbeat as the staff at that store was always enthusiastic about giving away free stuff.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#311 dennisb407   #OrlandoStrong #OrlandoUnited CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Went to the MS store at 6am this morning to be one of the first 100 people in line to get the $99.99 Xbox Music Pass card and to check out the debut of the Surface tablet.

First time at the MS store because it's at a large mall that's mainly tourists so I try to avoid it all costs. I went early cause Im used to chaotic Apple events but the lines at MS didnt build up til 9am area. After opening they held an approx. 35 minute class on Windows 8, just 3 people and myself sat down to listen to speaker in a store full of people lol, but afterwards I received a $20 giftcard

I think the classes my be going on all week, every hour on the hour.

#312 Xerxes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'll go sit in for a class the day AC3 comes out if it's still going on.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#313 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4533 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm planning on stopping by again tonight, I'd like to learn some of the Win8 tricks as Win8 is about as intuitive as Brain Surgery, really hated on the new skype last night.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#314 dennisb407   #OrlandoStrong #OrlandoUnited CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Yea that Surface tablet looks real nice. They did the class on tablet (connected to the large monitor). In order to get the free $99.99 music pass I think initially you had to purchase the Surface, but after some confusion they just said any purchase, so I bought a 1600 pts card and got he Xbox Music Pass, I see a few on ebay now lol

#315 spauldingfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

spauldingfan

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hmmm I wonder if the Los Angeles store will be open later tonight and doing the class, if so I can do 30 mins after work for another 20 towards my Halo 4 :lol:

#316 Bioterror   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Went to the MS store at 6am this morning to be one of the first 100 people in line to get the $99.99 Xbox Music Pass card and to check out the debut of the Surface tablet.

First time at the MS store because it's at a large mall that's mainly tourists so I try to avoid it all costs. I went early cause Im used to chaotic Apple events but the lines at MS didnt build up til 9am area. After opening they held an approx. 35 minute class on Windows 8, just 3 people and myself sat down to listen to speaker in a store full of people lol, but afterwards I received a $20 giftcard

I think the classes my be going on all week, every hour on the hour.

Is it a gift card or voucher?

#317 dennisb407   #OrlandoStrong #OrlandoUnited CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Is it a gift card or voucher?

Plastic giftcard plus they gave me a big ass book on Windows 8

#318 spauldingfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

spauldingfan

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

Anyone hear how long this ones going on for?

#319 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Anyone hear how long this ones going on for?

I'd like to know as well. I'll stop by with my gf soon to do the win 8 class thing. Since its gift card it would end up making AC3 free for me if I can get two $20 GCs.

Not really interested in that Xbox music pass, but is that still going on or just Friday?

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#320 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

If you go to the store website, you can see a schedule. Unfortunately, the Store Events page was down when I checked. When I called my local store, they told me it looked as though it was running throughout November. If true, I definitely play on doing this right before the Halo launch.

#321 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

If you go to the store website, you can see a schedule. Unfortunately, the Store Events page was down when I checked. When I called my local store, they told me it looked as though it was running throughout November. If true, I definitely play on doing this right before the Halo launch.

Why not just do it asap? Do the gift cards expire?

So what do we need to do to get the GC? Do we need to register for a workshop?

#322 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

Why not just do it asap? Do the gift cards expire?

So what do we need to do to get the GC? Do we need to register for a workshop?

Ehh, this place is a bit of a drive for me. Rather save on the gas, but you are right, sooner the better. The guy mentioned that you need to register. Not sure what the details are on that front.

#323 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Ehh, this place is a bit of a drive for me. Rather save on the gas, but you are right, sooner the better. The guy mentioned that you need to register. Not sure what the details are on that front.

You register on their site. Go to your local store and it has a schedule to register I think from what I've read on the microsoft store site.

#324 Xerxes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

For how long are these $20 cards good? Instead of being squeezed to buy points I'd hope to be able to save it for AssCreed 3.

#325 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

For how long are these $20 cards good? Instead of being squeezed to buy points I'd hope to be able to save it for AssCreed 3.

Me as well. Hoping I can use two, the one from Forza and then this one. If its a gift card it shouldn't expire. If its a coupon it will though.

#326 JediJames2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

JediJames2

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Are there any signs or something advertising the $20 gift card for taking the class? I'd hate to get there, take the class, and not end up with the gift card :-s haha

#327 Xerxes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

That's a valid fear too.

#328 mrspicytacoman   Apply Ubik only as directed CAGiversary!   1893 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

mrspicytacoman

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

we need more information about this.
the website says its training for your windows 8 tablet?

#329 Xerxes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

No updates all day.

#330 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3066 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I stopped by the microsoft store today and they didnt have any signs advertising the classes for the tablets and when i asked an employee all he did was shrug his shoulders and said he hasnt heard about anything involving $20 gift cards for the Tablet Training class.I did notice that they got rid of all the bing it on stations and replaced them with Surface Stations And they got rid? Or sold out of every game that wasnt an xbox exclusive game.