amazon.ca: I think I'm done shopping there

jeffx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
It's bad enough they switched to large padded envelopes for any game they send, today I received Code of Princess badly damaged AND with the plastic seal ripped wide open.

I have sent them an email, but regardless I can't believe how terrible they've become. I would order games weekly with the 10$ off coupon back in the days, but I stayed a loyal customer thanks to their sturdy packaging. They've switched to large padded envelopes and I don't think I've received a single collector's edition undamaged since. Their Boxing Day sales were also the stuff of dreams, now we're lucky if they give us a a 2/50$ on games that are 20$ on sale elsewhere.

Anybody else completely ditched them or thinking about it? VGP.ca has been an OK replacement these days (but I only pay w/ Paypal, NEVER FORGET)

I still order from Amazon.ca like crazy, because when it ships out, even with free shipping, I will get the item the next day. I mainly order anime and manga, so since they switched to padded envelopes, the manga will get nicked more often than before, and the corner of my P4 artbook was badly damaged (got a replacement).

For games, I'm a bit worried about future orders. I ordered P4: Golden from them....they better use a nice, sturdy box for that.

[quote name='jeffx']It's bad enough they switched to large padded envelopes for any game they send, today I received Code of Princess badly damaged AND with the plastic seal ripped wide open.[/QUOTE]

Gah, I'm still waiting on mine. That's not promising. I've mainly stuck with them because Atlus has a good relationship with them, so they always get any pre-order goodies and such. But really, I'm thinking of just crawling back to EB Games.

Have you been filling out the packaging survey for everything you've gotten from them? I've been doing it regularly since they started padded mailers, hoping it'll make a difference...

I guess single games have padded envelopes? When I did 5 for 50 or whatever they shipped in a box, nothing was damaged.

Yeah, if you can order a couple items that'll ship out at once you'll get boxed shipping. My 5 for ' deal got attacked by UPS, and the contents were fine. Boxes are nice :) But you can't really stack together a package when you preorder some LE, so it'll just ship in a padded mailer.

That's horrible. I was looking to pick this up as well but, I am debating if I want to pick it up online and risk having it damaged. I buy a lot of films and games and have had a few damaged cases along the way. I really miss the box shipping.

bread's done
Back