How do you organize your loose carts?

dafoomie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I've been keeping my loose carts stacked on a shelf and they're starting to get disorganized and messy. I'd like to be able to keep them on a rack or one of those cases from the old days but I haven't had much luck finding anything. A plastic storage bin doesn't work for me, I'd like to be able to both display them and browse through them at a glance, not store them hidden away somewhere. Any ideas?

Sega Genesis games - I'll put in one of those 3 drawer cassette tape cases (with the slide out drawers) - looks like this

NES games fit pretty well in the Napa Valley CD cases - Wooden rack looking ones like this. I run across them fairly regularly at thrift stores, flea markets or yard sales.

SNES games - I've been lucky enough to find a few of the old racks from back in the day like this

[quote name='Richard Kain']They actually have a pretty good solution for this over at RacketBoy

Universal Video Game Case

Oddly enough, it isn't compatible with NES cartridges. But those are one of the easiest to stack, so I suppose it's okay.[/QUOTE]

Depends how many you need. racket boy also charges more than a dollar a piece in shipping too.

For about the same price as 25 cases from racket boy, you can get a 100 of them. (I actually need to buy a few more cases myself)

Also, a few minutes with a razor knife and it will fit an NES game.

http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=USCG

Good call on the Napa Valley type stands, that also solves a problem with those PS double cases, they don't fit in wire racks. Haven't seen a triple cassette case in a long, long time but I suppose they're obtainable.

I don't know about those universal cases, I suppose its a possibility if they're cheap enough. NES sleeves are easy enough to find so thats no big deal. How much is shipping on that 100 pack?

[quote name='dafoomie']Good call on the Napa Valley type stands, that also solves a problem with those PS double cases, they don't fit in wire racks. Haven't seen a triple cassette case in a long, long time but I suppose they're obtainable.

I don't know about those universal cases, I suppose its a possibility if they're cheap enough. NES sleeves are easy enough to find so thats no big deal. How much is shipping on that 100 pack?[/QUOTE]

I don't 100% remember what shipping was when I ordered my last case, but I think it totaled around $60 - $65. So that's about $0.65 each. Not bad.

The real pain in the ass part is printing the covers for the cases. Casing your collection ends up being as much a hobby as collecting the game.

bread's done
Back