Steam gift cards now at best buy

BGriffith

CAGiversary!
Was just in best buy, they redid the PC area and they now have steam gift cards in $20 $50 and $100 amounts. Could be good for those that trade a lot of games to swap credit for steam sales.

Edit: Just added picture below!

IMG_2298.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!!! i was wondering how come BBY never had them before. Probably bought almost $200 worth of steam cards at gamestop already!

I like RZ points more than GS reward points so this is good news!!

Well, Best Buy, I just may pre-order games from you again after all.

($20 Best Buy gift card turned into $20 steam card for the win!!)

[quote name='TwistedShade']Can i use my 20$ reward certificate on this or will they make a big fuss at the register?[/QUOTE]
YMMV. I've bought Amazon/Kindle GCs and Pre-paid Visas with RZ certs with no resistance so...

[quote name='Bizzquik']Well, Best Buy, I just may pre-order games from you again after all.

($20 Best Buy gift card turned into $20 steam card for the win!!)
[/QUOTE]

Very smart thinking :) Turn a $60 pre order into a new game, pre-order goodies, and an obscene amount of cheap games during the steam sales.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Can i use my 20$ reward certificate on this or will they make a big fuss at the register?[/QUOTE]

as long as it cost => $20 you should've safe.

If only Valve realized Canada isn't as backwards as they think and release them here. I guess it might be a bit challenging due to the different currency.

Never had a prob buying amazon cards with them.

Yeah I just got done adding those to my store the other day..sadly I have not seen many of them being sold but just lets me talk people into buying the cards and getting into steam.

This is great news.

I rack up around $250 in RZ points a year by running everything I can through my BB credit card and paying it off each month. The points had previously been used for consoles and the occasional MSRP collectors edition or what have you. I know where they are going now -- free rides through the summer and winter steam sales. Great that they came out with these in B&M stores; I scored $200 worth during the gamestop trade in promo towards them this summer with some 360 games, and still have $100 left from that as well.

bread's done
Back