GameFly just banned me. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flizmo007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I just got an email from Gamefly after I reported a third lost title in the last 3 months. I understand their reasoning but think that maybe they should try and solve this problem, since I have heard it happening on a more frequent basis. Maybe they should make their packaging a little more dicreet, rather than a bright orange envelope that says "I am worth $50. Take Me". I think it sucks being banned, but I guess they have a business to run.

"It may have been delayed or even lost in the mail and I can report it as
such. Unfortunately, this would mean an excessive amount of games on your
account have been noted as lost. It is company policy to close any account
on which a disproportionate amount of discs have been lost and not
recovered.

A refund for unused time has been issued back to your account in the amount
of $2.34.

We realize this is not your fault, but there may be a systemic problem with
your postal route or local post office which is causing these discs to be
lost at an abnormal rate. Our business model simply cannot support this rate
of loss. As such, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your
account. We may be able to reactivate your account in the future if some of
the discs are recovered.

As an optional alternative, you may also decide to pay for the replacement
of any of the games indicated as lost.

Please mail back any games that you may currently have out. I am very sorry
it didn't work out.

Please contact us again if/when you receive an auto-generated e-mail
indicating any of the lost games have been received, as we may be able to
reactivate your account at that time.

Thank you,

Which discs were lost? They are sticking with their policy. I remember this discussion from a TechTV (CallForHelp) segment in 2004. Kevin R. brought up the hypothetical scenario of losing disc(s).

GameFly is horrible to rent from. It took a week to get my first game. The second which shipped at the same time never came. Days later I got my third game, but had to return it because it arrived the day after my free trial was over.

[quote name='Kayden']GameFly is horrible to rent from. It took a week to get my first game. The second which shipped at the same time never came. Days later I got my third game, but had to return it because it arrived the day after my free trial was over.[/QUOTE]
They're great to rent from. They've always been quick. Two-three days at most to send back a game and get the next one. Though if you're not on the western part of the US, it's not going to be all that good for you as they're over in California.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Damn that blows dude. I think you best have a chat with the local post office. Theft of mail is a Federal offense not to be taken lightly. I'd filed a report with them. Here is a link to getcha started.
http://www.usps.com/ncsc/locators/find-is.html[/QUOTE]

THanks. I will definitely consider this. I am going to have a talk with my mailman as well.

They need some sort of tracking. Not only can you be penalized for games being lost in the mail or stolen, but any schmuck could just keep a game, say it was lost, and get away with it, it seems.

They could make it so that you have to sign for the package when it is received (which would mean no delivery through regular mail) so that neither of the above mentioned scenarios would occur on a regular basis.

[quote name='Matt Young']They need some sort of tracking. Not only can you be penalized for games being lost in the mail or stolen, but any schmuck could just keep a game, say it was lost, and get away with it, it seems.

They could make it so that you have to sign for the package when it is received (which would mean no delivery through regular mail) so that neither of the above mentioned scenarios would occur on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

I really wish they wouldn't advertise it was a game on the envelope... I bought, as-in purchased, SMT- Nocturn from them and it never arrived... They did give me my money back, but they were sold out so I couldn't buy another. :evil:

Hey, at least they didn't charge you for the games, which they could have done.
It sucks, but losing 3 games in 3 months is a lot. In my 4 years with Netflix and Blockbuster Online, I've never had a disk get lost, though I've had 3 or so arrive damaged/destroyed. Games aren't dvd's, but still [although I did just read that some postal worker got busted in CA, I think, for stealing 'hundreds' of NF dvd's.]

I've already had one lost on the way to me and I am worried my lastest return is going to suffer the same fate.

I rented Star Fox from Gamefly a month ago and I never got it....

I think this may be becoming an epidemic....Stupid Post Office...

I also sold Warioworld on Ebay, shipped it 1st class to the buyer...and I got back a lost in transport slip three days ago...

The post office guys are probably X-raying it and opening them on their lunch break and pawning them for booze.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I rented Star Fox from Gamefly a month ago and I never got it....

I think this may be becoming an epidemic....Stupid Post Office...

I also sold Warioworld on Ebay, shipped it 1st class to the buyer...and I got back a lost in transport slip three days ago...

The post office guys are probably X-raying it and opening them on their lunch break and pawning them for booze.[/QUOTE]

Did you get your money back?

[quote name='Kayden']Did you get your money back?[/QUOTE]

Nope...and I had to refund the person 20 bucks.

I was pissed.

Only insured mail gets insured...and first class is like flying coach...barely good enough to get there.

Well you're not out much if your speed of service was akin to mine. I was receiving about one game per week after all the turnaround BS. Ah, if only they had the speed of Netflix before those bastards started holding onto discs if you were costing them too much money in shipping... it'd be a great service then. Hell, as would Netflix.

Ah well, if you're anything like me, you end up wanting to own all the games you actually like any way. Games without replay value... meh! ME WANTY MORE MORRWIND'ESQ GAMES! =)

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Nope...and I had to refund the person 20 bucks.

I was pissed.

Only insured mail gets insured...and first class is like flying coach...barely good enough to get there.[/QUOTE]

If you got the "were fucking idiots and lost it" slip... Thats proof you did ship it. You can't be held accountable for the post office. Additionally, if the buyer didn't request insurance... there's proof why you should get it.

I decided against them after they screwed me on a 10 day trial by taking too long to process a game, therefore forcing me into a membership. I also hated the "HAY! STEAL ME" packaging.

gamefly is teh roxxorz

getting banned DOES suck hardcore but from a practical standpoint... this makes perfect business sense.

i've been really lucky in that none of my discs have ever been waylaid, but i gotta give GFly it's props.

super fast delivery, 98% of the time the game I want is in stock when I want it, great customer service and insanely cheap used game prices.

in my book they are better at this than Netflix

five star site

[quote name='Aleryn']Well you're not out much if your speed of service was akin to mine. I was receiving about one game per week after all the turnaround BS. Ah, if only they had the speed of Netflix before those bastards started holding onto discs if you were costing them too much money in shipping... it'd be a great service then. Hell, as would Netflix.

Ah well, if you're anything like me, you end up wanting to own all the games you actually like any way. Games without replay value... meh! ME WANTY MORE MORRWIND'ESQ GAMES! =)[/QUOTE]

that's part of Gamefly's brilliance

if you're three levels into an eighteen level game and you decide you really want to own it, you just purchase on the site and they send you the case/booklet for a really cheap price.

[quote name='Kayden']If you got the "were fucking idiots and lost it" slip... Thats proof you did ship it. You can't be held accountable for the post office. Additionally, if the buyer didn't request insurance... there's proof why you should get it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't sell a ton on ebay, but when I do I make sure I add enough of a shipping charge to pay for delivery confirmation as well. I also offer insurance. Then if they claim the never receive, throw them that number and they're on their own. You have all evidence of carrying our your obligation, and if they chose not to insure (which most don't), they're out of luck.

[quote name='Kayden']If you got the "were fucking idiots and lost it" slip... That's proof you did ship it. You can't be held accountable for the post office. Additionally, if the buyer didn't request insurance... there's proof why you should get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm a nice guy, and I like don't feel like screwing someone over....if I were the buyer, I'd be pissed...but as the seller, I feel I have an obligation to make the customer happy.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'm a nice guy, and I like don't feel like screwing someone over....if I were the buyer, I'd be pissed...but as the seller, I feel I have an obligation to make the customer happy.[/QUOTE]
You really aren't screwing him over. The post office is fucking both of you because you know some dipshit has your game, didn't pay for it and is enjoying it.

[quote name='Kayden']You really aren't screwing him over. The post office is fucking both of you because you know some dipshit has your game, didn't pay for it and is enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

That's true....I should sprinkle anthrax on a game.

*cough*cough* so . . . uhhhh, yeah . . . again, which games were lost?

Random: So has anyone noticed in that GameFLY commercial it is 4:02 P.M. when the mailman delivers the mail. Is it just me or that pretty late for delivery? I know we get our mail by 1 P.M. The guy is there playing his game and *buzz*(?) what was that, did the mailman ring the doorbell? Another thing the guy takes the mailer is just rips it open and he's probably gonna need a new mailer to send the game back, right? Oh, and another thing, aren't the neighborhood kids following the mailman when they notice the brightly ORANGE-colored envelopes? Hey, maybe that's where your games went!

Haha...I've thought about this way too much. :whistle2:D

[quote name='PKRipp3r']gamefly is teh roxxorz

super fast delivery, 98% of the time the game I want is in stock when I want it, great customer service and insanely cheap used game prices.

i[/QUOTE]

Well, of course you are going to get super fast delivery. You are in LA, and isn't GameFly in LA? :)

One of these days I might try GameFly. Hopefully, it'll be a good experience.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']*cough*cough* so . . . uhhhh, yeah . . . again, which games were lost?

Random: So has anyone noticed in that GameFLY commercial it is 4:02 P.M. when the mailman delivers the mail. Is it just me or that pretty late for delivery? I know we get our mail by 1 P.M. The guy is there playing his game and *buzz*(?) what was that, did the mailman ring the doorbell? Another thing the guy takes the mailer is just rips it open and he's probably gonna need a new mailer to send the game back, right? Oh, and another thing, aren't the neighborhood kids following the mailman when they notice the brightly ORANGE-colored envelopes? Hey, maybe that's where your games went!

Haha...I've thought about this way too much. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

I've noticed the time as well...I'm glad I'm not alone in my anal-retentiveness

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, of course you are going to get super fast delivery. You are in LA, and isn't GameFly in LA? :)

One of these days I might try GameFly. Hopefully, it'll be a good experience.[/QUOTE]

that does help

:)

[quote name='PKRipp3r']that does help :)[/QUOTE]

It blows that GameFly only has warehouses on the West Coast. If you don't live nearby, your service quality suffers accordingly. As a result, I won't be subscribing to their service until they realize people in the rest of the country want decent service as well.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']*cough*cough* so . . . uhhhh, yeah . . . again, which games were lost?
[/QUOTE]

OK, Sorry. The games that were lost - Midnight Club 3, Fighnight Round 2, and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, all for the XBOX.

For months I have never had an issue with them and then all of a sudden, games start getting lost. I really like GF and I think it sucks that I cant rent anymore.

Haha...I've thought about this way too much. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

My mail doesn't come until 3:30 or 4:00. It's a real killer when I know something I want is coming in the mail and I'm home for the day for some reason.

I don't think it matters how close you are to the GF distribution center (my mailers have Inglewood, CA), you still have to wait a week before they'll send you a replacement.

I usually get my games in about 2 - 3 days and only once have I had a game go "missing" and a replacement disc was shipped on the same day it arrived -- a week late. That was around Thanksgiving last year.

GameFly sucks on the EAST coast, It takes a 5 days to get the game back to GF then another 5 days for game on your Q to get to you, so 10 days just get back one game. They need a better system to ship there games, I don't mind it because I usually just keep the games until I've beaten it (And sucked every amount of enjoyment out of it). They need to another shipping/receiving center on the east coast so it can minimize time between returns/sends.

Im a member of Gamefly for about 12 months overall..on and off since Sept 03, I only activate my membership when there are games I want to play. I've reported 4 games lost already, 2 of them got lost getting to me and 2 of the got lost returning back.. I'll probably get banned the next time I report a game lost (My Jade Empire Rental had not come yet, my other Rental came yestarday.. Im worried its lost).. funny my netflix Ive never had anything lost in the mail, but gamefly jsut screams steal me!!

Gamefly is ok for me.. and I live in illinois, the only bad thing is the turn around, which is not big of a deal for me. I wish netflix would start carrying games.

[quote name='Matt Young']They need some sort of tracking..[/QUOTE]

when I rented from gamrang, all of there games shipped with DC (delivery conformation)

check out gamerang they have 3 different distros around the us. OK, NJ, and cali.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I don't think it matters how close you are to the GF distribution center (my mailers have Inglewood, CA), you still have to wait a week before they'll send you a replacement.

I usually get my games in about 2 - 3 days and only once have I had a game go "missing" and a replacement disc was shipped on the same day it arrived -- a week late. That was around Thanksgiving last year.[/QUOTE]

WHAT You got to wait a week to get a replacement . My stupid midnight club 3 return thing got ripped on the side when i opened it. I will probally just use my own padded evlope and send it back if i dont have a replacement by saturday

I use Netflix, and I had an issue at the post office by my work. I've mailed discs back from there, and on two occasions Netflix never receieved them. Since that happened I don't mail my Netflix discs from there anymore. Haven't had one lost since.

Wow it sounds like Game Fly may have to use UPS or FedEx and pay for tracking. I know it will cost the company more but they need to determine if it is cheaper to lose product or to pay higher shipping fees.

They cannot charge you for the lost games because they do not track the packages.

Sorry to revive this thread but i figured it was perfect for my problem.

My brother just signed up to gamefly this weekend and got a email today telling him me and him are banned from gamefly.

I had issues with gamefly but i was not banned at that time i just canceled my sub. I returned a few unplayable discs and one lost in 2 months time. I guess they told him he was banned cause of my account. I never got a email saying i got banned and i was buying used games all the time there.

The question is there a way to get them to fix this? I did nothing wrong and i like buying used games there even if they send bad duds sometimes. My brother had nothing to do with my account so if he can get unbanned i just buy on his account. But anyone got some insight on this?

He replied to the email saying how he was treated is wrongful and he is not liable for my account and so on.

Also if they ban you does that mean they ban you from buying games to? They did not say ban from renting or buying or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back