Iron Man 3: 5.2.13

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
10-23-12: First trailer online
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/ironman3/

Wow......looks like some serious shit happening.

So the 17 second teaser is up on facebook and from the looks of it......

-A back shot of the Mandarin
-Tony with a new hair cut
-Tony with the circular arc reactor chest piece? Wait a minute? Wasn't the first one killing him?
-Shots of him in the new suit.
-a quick shot of him landing in the hall of armors.
-Pepper in pain/being torchered?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ITDEFX']So the 17 second teaser is up on facebook and from the looks of it......

-A back shot of the Mandarin
-Tony with a new hair cut
-Tony with the circular arc reactor chest piece? Wait a minute? Wasn't the first one killing him?
-Shots of him in the new suit.
-a quick shot of him landing in the hall of armors.
-Pepper in pain/being torchered?[/QUOTE]
Do i need a facebook account to watch it?

A teaser trailer for a trailer...Jeez

I didn't really see what the problem with 2 was. I was really late to the Iron Man party (just saw them last month), but they were both awesome movies to me. I thought they'd be boring even after watching the Avengers.

I guess that means he got his original armor back somehow, since it's shown in the hall of armor.

comingsoon.net just posted some pictures which includes a new shot of the Iron Patriot!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96245

Yeah this is confusing......why is the Mark II back in the hall of armors? Rodey stole it in IM2 which became the War Machine. ....so is War Machine now the Iron Patriot or a new model based off of the Mark II/WM model?

If you look carefully at the hall of armors pic, you will notice that the armors now have something locked on to them in yellow/gold. Could it be some sort of security feature to prevent someone else from taking the suits?

I must say that even though I doubted Kingsley as Manderin and using more gold on the souit, I like how both look in the teaser to the teaser trailer and promo images.

I didn't have a huge problem with Iron Man 2. My biggest problem was the villain. Whiplash is a C-Lister at best. There was no reason to include him, and Rourke did the best he could with a turd for a character.

Yeah, IM2's villain was a wash...the trailers made him look like a serious threat more than the Pilidum [sp?} poisoning or the government wanting him to turn over the suit or Hammer.

It just had a lot of dumb moments. Like nobody shooting whiplash on the racetrack and at the end whiplash constantly opening his mask. So I guess he was probably the biggest problem with the movie.

I still think that used Kingsley just for his name, they could have picked an asian actor just as easily, but then their name wouldn't have lent as much star cred to the film.

Well, the whole reason Mandarin is Asian is because Iron Man's origin took place in China. However, in the MCU, it takes place the middle-east, so if they're going for a middle-eastern approach to the character, I certainly think that Kingsley can play the role. And I highly doubt the Iron Man films need anymore star cred than RDJr or Gwen Paltrow, or Don Cheadle for that matter.

I honestly can't remember the last movie (of recent years) I've seen Kingsley in.

[quote name='GhostShark']Well, the whole reason Mandarin is Asian is because Iron Man's origin took place in China. However, in the MCU, it takes place the middle-east, so if they're going for a middle-eastern approach to the character, I certainly think that Kingsley can play the role. And I highly doubt the Iron Man films need anymore star cred than RDJr or Gwen Paltrow, or Don Cheadle for that matter.

I honestly can't remember the last movie (of recent years) I've seen Kingsley in.[/QUOTE]
I could've sworn it was Vietnam, not China.

[quote name='dohdough']Your Comicbook Nerd Card has been revoked!:lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. It's tough for me to remember with all the constant retcons and changes to Tony's origins. And then factor in different universes :wall:

[quote name='GhostShark']Well, the whole reason Mandarin is Asian is because Iron Man's origin took place in China. However, in the MCU, it takes place the middle-east, so if they're going for a middle-eastern approach to the character, I certainly think that Kingsley can play the role. And I highly doubt the Iron Man films need anymore star cred than RDJr or Gwen Paltrow, or Don Cheadle for that matter.

I honestly can't remember the last movie (of recent years) I've seen Kingsley in.[/QUOTE]

The middle east is part of Asia. ;)

[quote name='ITDEFX']I really wish the Maderian was that guy from the first movie... I wonder if he will reappear in the third movie?[/QUOTE]

...im pretty sure he died

[quote name='ITDEFX']I really wish the Maderian was that guy from the first movie... I wonder if he will reappear in the third movie?[/QUOTE]
Captain Robau was killed by Nero, remember?:lol:

im not liking the crazy color suit(s). is it me or did the trail feel like batman with bane talking. i loved IM 1/2 and im sure ill dig this as well.

Hmm.........you know what I think? I think Tony gives up being Iron Man for Pepper, self destructs the suits and that's when the Ten Rings forces strike. He has one last suit left which he uses to survive the attack to make everyone think he died so he can come back to get revenge.

I am also thinking that that operating table scene was one where he was going to have the chest piece removed but decides to stop at the last second.

btw-is that happy hogan dying on the floor?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Blade 3

...hope it's good, but not liking Marvel's track record here.[/QUOTE]

Aww come on, no wait NVM none of those were very good. You are right I hope this breaks the trend.

So since the War Machine armor isn't featured, I'm guessing the Iron Patriot armor is basically the War Machine armor from IM2, just upgraded by the U.S. military. Possible that Rhodes is piloting it?

Yeah, looked like a dream sequence. Which begs the question, does Pepper dream of getting it on with Tony? :lol:

Pepper doesn't have to dream about getting it on with Tony according to the Avengers.

The Iron Patriot armor is pretty obviously going to be Rhodes / an upgrade of the War Machine armor. I mean, its possible Tony could wear it at some point, but I'd be surprised if Marvel decided "Nah we're not going to put Rhodes back in a suit."

It also seems like this is going to be Marvel's TDKR for Iron Man. I don't really see RDJ doing Iron Man 4 and 5 while we wait out Avengers 2 and possibly Avengers 3, especially if Marvel wants him in those Avengers sequels. I imagine it will take everything Tony's got to defeat Mandarin.
One summary said there's going to be a battle with like 40 versions of the Iron Man armor being remote controlled, and I'd expect most of those not to survive.
In the end, Tony will either have to slowly rebuild everything leading up to Avengers 2, or he'll call it "quits" until Avengers 2 rolls around and SHIELD begs Tony to come back.

I still think ti was way too easy for Rhodes and the government to get that suit. In the comics he would have had some way over overriding control or self destructing it or something. Instead he just got his ass kicked and thought "Ah well, let him have it.".

[quote name='Tony Stark']he is Tony's best friend (even if they fought) from the gist I got was Rhody is the only one able to control the suit anyway[/QUOTE]
Yeah and he knew what would happen with it as well. Still think it's bullshit. For a guy who seems to take security so seriously he let his friend run off with a very expensive high tech suit of armor, and just assumed he wouldn't hand it over to the government? It was the first thing Rhodes did with it for crying out loud. He could have shut it down, wiped the computer, something. Instead he just let the military have it basically.

[quote name='Clak']Yeah, looked like a dream sequence. Which begs the question, does Pepper dream of getting it on with Tony? :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kodave']Pepper doesn't have to dream about getting it on with Tony according to the Avengers.

With or without the suit?

The Iron Patriot armor is pretty obviously going to be Rhodes / an upgrade of the War Machine armor. I mean, its possible Tony could wear it at some point, but I'd be surprised if Marvel decided "Nah we're not going to put Rhodes back in a suit."

It also seems like this is going to be Marvel's TDKR for Iron Man. I don't really see RDJ doing Iron Man 4 and 5 while we wait out Avengers 2 and possibly Avengers 3, especially if Marvel wants him in those Avengers sequels. I imagine it will take everything Tony's got to defeat Mandarin.
One summary said there's going to be a battle with like 40 versions of the Iron Man armor being remote controlled, and I'd expect most of those not to survive.
In the end, Tony will either have to slowly rebuild everything leading up to Avengers 2, or he'll call it "quits" until Avengers 2 rolls around and SHIELD begs Tony to come back.[/QUOTE]

I agree this feels like the ending to the Iron Man series. There is really no point for Tony to be Iron Man anymore after this movie... I really don't understand why they are introducing the Iron Patriot in this movie. It can't be the war machine upgraded to the IP. Unless the government/Stark thinks the war machine was too powerful to be in the possession of the government and wanted them to "down grade" it in order to keep it...thus IP is born.

I really wonder if with the destruction of his California home, will he move to the NYC Stark Tower? hmm... What of Jarvis and Happy?

The whole scene of him using "the force" to get his hand piece kinda bugs me. I really don't like the Extremis idea they are going at.

My impressions of the trailer:

-I really dig the Golden (mostly) suit a lot more than a should, given that I hate the color.

-Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin sounds fantastic. Had some really great dialogue in the trailer. Can't wait to see more.

-Gwen Paltrow. Don't need to explain that.

We're off to a good start and I am curious as to why
Mandarin has a Captain America shield tattooed on his neck. Seems odd.

[quote name='Tony Stark']Why is Tony carrying his suit through the snow? like why does it stop working[/QUOTE]

He appeared to either fall out of the sky or just be generally defeated in battle in the opening scene. The suit probably lost its external power capabilities separate from whatever Tony's chest arc reactor provides (if anything). Without that power, its probably super difficult to walk around in a metal suit that probably weighs a ton without those power systems to assist your movements.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I agree this feels like the ending to the Iron Man series. There is really no point for Tony to be Iron Man anymore after this movie... I really don't understand why they are introducing the Iron Patriot in this movie. It can't be the war machine upgraded to the IP. Unless the government/Stark thinks the war machine was too powerful to be in the possession of the government and wanted them to "down grade" it in order to keep it...thus IP is born.

I really wonder if with the destruction of his California home, will he move to the NYC Stark Tower? hmm... What of Jarvis and Happy?

The whole scene of him using "the force" to get his hand piece kinda bugs me. I really don't like the Extremis idea they are going at.[/QUOTE]
What makes you think the IP armor looks downgraded?

bread's done
Back