Best place online for computer parts?

Will

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
Had an external HD crash on me.

Long story short, its possible the HD has a bad control board so Im looking to find one. Never really shopped online for parts like that. Checked ebay and someone has something close but for a different model.

Any help is appreciated.

Have to third Amazon and NewEgg.

I've built a complete PC and bought numerous other items from both those sites and they've been great.

Reviews on NewEgg are usually invaluable to determine great items from crap.

I don't think any of those major retailers sell HD controller boards. If you can't find it on eBay, you'll have to take it off another hard drive of the same model. Are you trying to save the data on the HD? Have you tried connecting to a desktop computer?

Newegg & Amazon. You can do TigerDirect, as well, but I've heard some bad things about them in the past.

I've never had a problem with Tiger Direct but I primarily use them when I need something now since there's a warehouse store near me. Newegg usually has slightly better pricing combined with better shipping deals (more free shipping) and no sales tax for me here in Illinois. But, as a retail merchant, Tiger Direct is fine in my experience.

bread's done
Back