Horrible Apple Store Experience (then not as horrible)

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So I ordered an iPhone at 10 p.m. on Saturday night and paid with a gift card. I got the email from Apple on Sunday saying my phone was ready for pick-up. I go to the Apple Store and they have the phone with my name on it but they tell me due to a glitch in their computer system my order had been cancelled (along with other people's - the glitch was store-wide apparently).

My gift card now had a $0 balance so they wanted me to pay another $212.93 for the phone and then wait 2-3 weeks to be mailed another (non-refundable) gift card. I basically flipped out and told them I wasn't leaving without either my money back or an iPhone.

I got to speak with the manager who couldn't fix the problem due to the way the online store is set up but he let me have the phone if I promised to bring in the replacement gift card when it was shipped to my house. He said he was just relying on his faith in humanity - totally the right move which was totally unexpected these days. I got his business card and I will bring in the gift card when I get it and deliver it to him personally. The whole experience sucked and I still have to go out of my way to bring back the gift card but they did try to make it right.

Cool story, right bros?

So you got what you paid for, but now have to go back to the store to deliver to him the gift card they're sending you? Sounds like you still got screwed to me. I'd have said I wanted something in return for the trouble of going back to the store.

I'd call him up and tell him you don't feel like making another trip out there but if he will give you an address to mail it to then you will. Better to waste a stamp and throw it in an envelope than waste your time and gas.

Too late. I returned it at lunch today. He didn't seem to care that much. Oh well, I feel good for doing the right thing instead of buying another iPhone LOL.

bread's done
Back