[DEAD] Forza Horizon $60 w/ $15 gift card, Medal of Honor: Warfighter LE $50 @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
The following promotions expire at 11:59 PM PST on 10/26/2012. (Thanks GBAstar)

:360: Forza Horizon $59.99 with $15 promotional gift card
:360: MADCATZ Wireless Racing Wheel $119.99
:360: MADCATZ Wireless Force Feedback Wheel $169.99
:pc: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition $49.99
use promo code EMCJNHG234
:360: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition $49.99
use promo code EMCJNHG235
:ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition $49.99
use promo code EMCJNHG236

(Note: I don't know if these are part of this week's sale since I haven't received the e-mail yet, but as far I can tell these are lower than Newegg's normal prices. I'll update this post as necessary.)
All of the following :shipfree:

:360: Capcom Digital Collection $13.60 (Same price on Amazon)
:360: F1 2010 $14.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $9.99
:ps3: Child of Eden $9.99

(Thanks to rgupta @Slick Deals for the following.)
:ps3: Asura's Wrath $16.99
:360: Asura's Wrath $16.99

Last edited by a moderator:
capcom digital collection's odd price seems to be a match of amazon, or else amazon already matched this.

MoH already $50...definitely picking it up now at BBY. It will be $40 by around Black Friday. Buy it $40 get a $20 cert and trade it for $30. Get paid $10 to play the SP sounds fine to me.

[quote name='cancerman1120']MoH already $50...definitely picking it up now at BBY. It will be $40 by around Black Friday. Buy it $40 get a $20 cert and trade it for $30. Get paid $10 to play the SP sounds fine to me.[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking, but can we PM it at Best Buy for $50 and still get the $20 promo certificate?

[quote name='Organ Donor']Wishful thinking, but can we PM it at Best Buy for $50 and still get the $20 promo certificate?[/QUOTE]

I think you can but that's what I'm wondering. Also will they match this since it requires a promo code? I don't have an smartphone how can you prove this to them? Is it better to pm now or wait for a bigger sale? Are you able to pm something twice? PM @ $50 now then PM @ $40 later?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Organ Donor']Wishful thinking, but can we PM it at Best Buy for $50 and still get the $20 promo certificate?[/QUOTE]

I think you can but that's what I'm wondering. Also will they match this since it requires a promo code? I don't have an smartphone how can you prove this to them? Is it better to pm now or wait for a bigger sale? Are you able to pm something twice? PM @ $50 now then PM @ $40 later?

heading out in a few mins. Anyone know?

[quote name='Killbomb']Any early adopters having opinions on MoH since there are no reviews yet?[/QUOTE]

I"m renting a :ps3: copy through Redbox right now. It's definitely a "pulls you along a very linear path" kind of FPS. No exploration, you'll lose control or have limited movement during certain segments, and stuff's always blowing up. Another thing, I hate the "breach" segments. Every time you get to a door, you hit Square to set up a breach. A companion NPC kicks down a door, tosses in a stun grenade, and then you're pulled into the room and time slows down for ~5 seconds. During this bullet time you'll have to kill 4 or 5 dudes or else you die as soon as normal time resumes. The checkpoints are spaced so close that it doesn't matter too much, but it gets annoying real quick.

There's a driving level where you have to tail a dude driving an SUV. The object is you can't lose line of sight for too long or you'll fail. At first I was obeying the traffic laws, but after repeatedly failing, I just said "Shaq-FU That" and starting crashing into cars, street vendors, anything that got in my way. The commander who was giving me voiceover directions starting complaining about my reckless driving, but that just added to the fun.

I love the "feel" of how your character controls using the Frostbite 2 engine. I also like the environmental damage as your and your fellow NPC's missed shots blow chunks off of buildings. The story keeps cutting back and forth through three timelines which is kind of neat. I think a lot of the same bros from the last game come back, i.e. Mother, Preacher, etc., but I'm only half paying attention to the story in between shooting dudes.

It's a decent game, but not something I'd pay over $20 since I'm more of a fan of first person shooters such as Singularity and Borderlands 2. I like to control the pace of the game and not be dragged along to where the developers want me to go.

I recommend looking at gameplay videos of MoH before you even think about buying it
moh

Thanks for the feedback, Bosamba. Considering getting MoH along with Forza and something else during BB's B2G1. Been 2 weeks since I've bought a new game and I'm starting to get the shakes. Guess there are worse things to be addicted to than buying games. :D

You play any MP yet? I had a hell of a time seeing enemies in MoH 2010 (only game I've really had that problem) so I'm wondering if it's going to be the same here. Should have tried the beta but it came and went before I could be bothered to try to get it.

[quote name='Killbomb'] You play any MP yet? I had a hell of a time seeing enemies in MoH 2010 (only game I've really had that problem) so I'm wondering if it's going to be the same here. Should have tried the beta but it came and went before I could be bothered to try to get it.[/QUOTE]

I have not played any multiplayer since it's an EA game and I would need to buy an online pass for $10.00. My crosshairs turn from white to red when they're pointing over an enemy, so even if they're hard to see, if you aim in the general direction of where you're getting shot from, you'll be able to kill them.

I forget to mention that of your two default weapons that you carrry, one of them will have infinite ammuntion. I actually like this as it encourages you to put down a lot of cover fire, just like how wars are really fought.

Edit: Since the pre-order promotion of getting a $20 Reward Zone certificate form Best Buy is over, I'd recommend you hold off on buying this game for now. The price will drop below the ~$40 you'd be paying for this through the B2G1 free sale.

[quote name='Bosamba']I actually like this as it encourages you to put down a lot of cover fire, just like how wars are really fought.[/QUOTE]

Wars aren't fought with infinite ammo.

bread's done
Back