Wii U-Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Erad30

CAGiversary!
Call+of+Duty+Black+Ops+2+Wii+U+boxart.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOKtO3LW1oI

Not a huge fan of COD but this should at worst be an extremely solid FPS experience for anybody grabbing a Wii U.

I'm picking up this game at launch. I haven't picked up a COD at launch since World at War, so I'm pretty excited. I like the fact that you can play split screen on the tablet so both player can have their own screen.

I had the 360 version pre-ordered but rather than dust off my 360 I changed my pre-order for the Wii U version instead. Have to wait until tomorrow though, Gamestop isn't selling anything until tomorrow other than the Wii U branded wiimotes and nunchucks.

Ended up picking this up today. I wanted to play a shooter, and was trying to decide between Black Ops 2 or ZombiU. All the ZombiU reviews were scaring me, so I think I'm just gonna give it a rental. At least with Black Ops 2, I know its going to be a decent game, so its the safer bet.

I'm heavily considering picking it up because I would like something with online mp and its either this or Sonic Racing, nothing against Sonic, but this would have longer legs and a bigger community.

Really enjoying this on the WiiU. Am considering getting rid of the xbox 360 version. Reasons: I am getting better connection with my internet, better kill/death ratio, smoother gameplay. I also like the ability to play on the gamepad, can also use the pro controller while using the gamepad as a display. Bad thing: community still small. I just wanted to share. Cheers!

The small community is really holding this game back, there were only 2 lobbies with anyone really in them when I was on last night: Free-For-All and Domination. I got enough kills to be in the middle of the rankings after joining in the last minute of a round. Definitely some kids playing this that aren't too good with the FPS games. Might trade it in this weekend but will give it a few more plays to see if enough people stick around to make it worth it. The singleplayer still sucked but I guess I was hoping for too much in that regard. Graphics are great and definitely prefer the Pro controller although I do like having the larger map the gamepad provides.

I'd give it til at least after christmas, the community should see a significant growth hopefully.Iit's never going to have the numbers PS3 or 360 does, it would have to practically sell one with every system for the rest of the year to even be close.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. My first foray into online CoD (never took the :360:CoD4: MW online). I'm terrible at it but I'm having fun.

Any interest in a CAG night?

picking this up today used from gamestop its gotten good enough reviews. Hoping to enjoy it is everyone using game pad or pro controller?

Wii remote.

The pad and pro controllers button placement took a couple days to get used to. At first I thought I would never be able to adjust after using the PS3/360 controller for so long. Changing to the "Classic" button layout in the control menu helps so much.

With the Wii remote nun-chuck combo change it to "veteran" sensitivity and make the cursor "precision" over floating. Feels more like Metroid Prime that way. I also changed my button layout to custom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wii remote.

The pad and pro controllers button placement took a couple days to get used to. At first I thought I would never be able to adjust after using the PS3/360 controller for so long. Changing to the "Classic" button layout in the control menu helps so much.

With the Wii remote nun-chuck combo change it to "veteran" sensitivity and make the cursor "precision" over floating. Feels more like Metroid Prime that way. I also changed my button layout to custom.

[quote name='bjstucker']picking this up today used from gamestop its gotten good enough reviews. Hoping to enjoy it is everyone using game pad or pro controller?[/QUOTE]

Wii U gamepad. Most of the time, I'm playing a floor away from the console - which is in the man cave, & I'm upstairs, sitting on the couch with my wife, watching TV.

That said, I have no idea how to call in a killstreak bonus (UAV, Lightning Strike, etc.) when playing/viewing only on the gamepad (i.e. - no TV output). Any ideas?

I played a few rounds last night funish Found classic controller is more my style than the gamepad. Very fun game no idea if I will keep it though like everyone said it is pretty dead online I expect a huge insurggence of people post 25th of December.

[quote name='jr233270']Still somewhat dead online?[/QUOTE]
I returned it today there are only so many times I can play MP just on the cruise ship. I played about 30 games and >25 were on the ship. Put it toward Zack and Wiki and Super Mario Anniversary with 20$ to spare.

So to answer your question you can find Team death match games and free for all (like one room for free for all). Zombie is out of the question unless you have friends playing and

It'll probably shoot way up after Christmas I'd imagine, I know a lot of people who are getting one for christmas or already got one but their siginificant other or parents won't let them open it til then.

I traded for it today so I should have it by early next week at the latest. I plan on playing multiplayer quite a bit so at least one more person will be playing :)

Picked this up last week from Kmart with the Gaming Coupon and a bunch of SYWR points I had. I think I am going to have to limit it to Multiplayer though.

Never had any issues with a CoD game in the past but playing through just the first chapter in this one made me sick at my stomach. Very odd.

CoD isnt my cup of tea, but I really hope this one sells, to attract more third parties to the WiiU. good luck, CAGers

I have the 360 version already but taking it to best buy tomorrow to trade in for 40 bucks to get the wii u version. I just think this game would be cool to play on wiipad alone. I'm sire the online will jump up once more wii u's are sold.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']I have the 360 version already but taking it to best buy tomorrow to trade in for 40 bucks to get the wii u version. I just think this game would be cool to play on wiipad alone. I'm sire the online will jump up once more wii u's are sold.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, expect the community size to spike right after Christmas.

I have been playing it on Wii U. Really enjoy using the gamepad only. Took some getting used to but after you do get used to it it isn't too bad. And the game looks a lot sharper on the gamepad screen due to the smaller resolution. But I am enjoying the Wii U version and the community seems to be growing. After the EU launch the community jumped form 600 to over 1000+ so that is always nice as well lol.

Someone asked about how to call in kill streaks on the gamepad, it's the same as a normal controller, just the directional buttons (left or right, I forget). If it matters I am using the classic control layout.

I've played this game out. Has anyone traded it in recently and can give me an approximate price? Currently searching Google for an answer. Probably willing to sell it to a CAG as well (save that for another forum section though).

bread's done
Back