Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend

Tallkido

CAGiversary!
To celebrate Halloween, we are unleashing L4D2 on the world. Starting this Thursday, the entire game will be free to play for the whole weekend. New players can begin pre-loading now. For long time players, it is time to welcome your new found friends and help them survive the zombie apocalypse.

For current players, we created a new achievement. Good Guy Nick - – “Plays games with free weekend players and helps them survive a campaign.” Who is a free weekend player? You’re going to have to talk to each other to find out or you could always let your friends know Left 4 Dead 2 is going to be free this weekend and have them join you. Spread the word! It’s the zombie apocalypse, bring friends.

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=9170

I almost have all of the achievements. I'll be online getting this one if any Steam CAGs need some help. Feel free to add me. I was in last year's tourney, so I'm pretty good at the game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does this crossplay with the 360 versions?[/QUOTE]

No. Shadowrun and FFXI are the only games I can think of that do.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does this crossplay with the 360 versions?[/QUOTE]

No. There is like 2 games I think that can cross play with the 360? Both were GFWL games too I think.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Wish they would do a free weekend for single player games because I totally want to give Assassin's creed 2 out on pc.[/QUOTE]

Its $5 on steam right now which is almost free.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']What if you already own the game? How do you get the free weekend?[/QUOTE]

Why would you need a free weekend if you own the game already?

[quote name='FatherChesz']No. Shadowrun and FFXI are the only games I can think of that do.[/QUOTE]

Lost Planet Colonies does as well.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']What if you already own the game? How do you get the free weekend?[/QUOTE]
If you already own the game, you get the free weekend every weekend. :applause:

If you already own the game your free weekend starts now, I believe. No end date yet, as far as I know. :D

This is a great online game but I always get kicked off by administrators. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong but it's gotten to the point to where I play single player matches only. This is the only game I have that problem with.

Universe at War: Earth Assault was also a cross platform RTS I think.

That never really took off, the whole cross platform gaming. Maybe they will have another go at it with Windows 8 coming out, who knows.

Uh....AVG just came up with a Win32/Heur virus warning when the pre-load finished, in the client.dll inside of:

c:\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\bin\client.dll

Dah fuck?

*edit* Googled the issue, seems to be an uncommon by not unheard-of problem. I think I fixed it. Anyone else have this happen to them though? First time for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Uh....AVG just came up with a Win32/Heur virus warning when the pre-load finished, in the client.dll inside of:

Dah fuck?[/QUOTE]

You downloaded it from Steam? Sounds like a false positive. AVG is notorious for those.

[quote name='Blade']You downloaded it from Steam? Sounds like a false positive. AVG is notorious for those.[/QUOTE]

yeah, ive had a few crop up way back when, but nothing for a good 18 months solid. figured it out though.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Uh....AVG just came up with a Win32/Heur virus warning when the pre-load finished, in the client.dll inside of:

Dah fuck?

*edit* Googled the issue, seems to be an uncommon by not unheard-of problem. I think I fixed it. Anyone else have this happen to them though? First time for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I own the game, and the update ticked off AVG.

I don't have a ton of achievements but would love to get all the campaign ones this weekend. Please add 'chantme' (steamid) if you want to play! Would love the help :)

Have a mic and everything..

Dah fuck?

*edit* Googled the issue, seems to be an uncommon by not unheard-of problem. I think I fixed it. Anyone else have this happen to them though? First time for me.[/QUOTE]

I use Nod32 and it has been coming up with virus notifications for Payday: The Heist every day for the past 2 weeks and Primal Carnage since I downloaded the beta.

I just ignore them, I know they are just false positives. It is annoying though.

bread's done
Back