Darksiders II Collector's Edition 99$ New @ Amazon

I wonder where amazon found ~ 100 of each version.

I know nearly all of these received damage during transit because the outerbox is made of flimsy cardboard. I'd like one to keep sealed but not if they are reselling returns

[quote name='GBAstar']I wonder where amazon found ~ 100 of each version.

I know nearly all of these received damage during transit because the outerbox is made of flimsy cardboard. I'd like one to keep sealed but not if they are reselling returns[/QUOTE]

Yeah I picked up one tha was damaged at a BB a month or two ago. Hmm. Might order one of these...

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is it worth buying this?[/QUOTE]

It's a nice CE; the mask is neat and a good break from over sized statues. It's not very large and won't take up a lot of space.

I really wish THQ had spent more money for the packaging because it is weak is hell. It is very rare to find one of these in pristine condition.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's a nice CE; the mask is neat and a good break from over sized statues. It's not very large and won't take up a lot of space.

I really wish THQ had spent more money for the packaging because it is weak is hell. It is very rare to find one of these in pristine condition.[/QUOTE]

I just bought one for that reason. I can always dump the BB copy on the secondary market, once these sell out again.

What's everyone's policy on LEs? A lot of people here seem to buy them. I've always only bought LEs for mainly RPGs or games I am really interested in. Otherwise I have these big boxes for games I don't care about and they take up way too much room.

[quote name='slowdive21']I just bought one for that reason. I can always dump the BB copy on the secondary market, once these sell out again.[/QUOTE]

I have a PS3 copy that is beat pretty bad and a 360 copy that is in excellent condition that I found at Gamestop.. except for one thing.

An employee admitted to me they cut the seal so they could play with the mask. I mean seriously WTF!

I figured I'd never see one again so I bought it but I couldn't believe that is okay for GS employees to do

Went for a PS3 copy. Don't think these are ever going to come back in stock again anywhere.
If only I can get it before Halloween & get my cat to wear that mask!

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What's everyone's policy on LEs? A lot of people here seem to buy them. I've always only bought LEs for mainly RPGs or games I am really interested in. Otherwise I have these big boxes for games I don't care about and they take up way too much room.[/QUOTE]

I almost never buy Limited/Collector's edition simply because I don't have the room to store all the little extra trinkets. The only one I have bought was the Fallout 3 CE got it at Sears during a clearance sale, it was the PS3 version but I wanted it on PC so I never opened it and ended up reselling to get Fallout 3 GOTY on Steam

[quote name='TooPoor']For those who have it: what's the build quality of the mask?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

very lightweight plastic, feels hollow on the inside maybe.

Good find, purchasing this straight away
dark

PS3 will sell out today.

I checked the THQ store to see if they got anymore in stock as I thought it was odd Amazon found so many but they are still sold out (THQ) store as is everyone else. I'm sure Amazon originally sold thousands so it's not that surprising they have a hundred or so sitting in a warehouse...

either way I'm more then happy to pay MSRP in the hopes of getting one in much better condition then what I already have.

[quote name='GBAstar']I have a PS3 copy that is beat pretty bad and a 360 copy that is in excellent condition that I found at Gamestop.. except for one thing.

An employee admitted to me they cut the seal so they could play with the mask. I mean seriously WTF!

I figured I'd never see one again so I bought it but I couldn't believe that is okay for GS employees to do[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found a couple at GS, but both were gutted. The DLC code was worth $70 at the time, so I didn't bother picking them up since they told me they came from another store. My PS3 copy from BB is beat, so hopefully AZ will hook me up with a nice copy to keep.

hmm giving serious thought to buying the 360 one and trading in my vanilla copy for $32 at amazon

edit: went ahead and ordered one, 101 left for xbox

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG @ ps3 sold out. Imma pick one up for xbox n try get hold of the ps3 another time. Maybe a swap, i don't even have an xbox. Think people will be paying double this in the future....

Picked one up for 360 as well, thought about pre-ordering way back when but didn't figure it would be as limited as it is.... Hopefully it's a good one!

I received my order today, and I received the Xbox version when I clearly ordered the PS3 version. Obviously, the PS3 version is sold out now, and the best CS could do was offer me $5 in credit.

Did this happen to anyone else?

[quote name='da_man1980']I received my order today, and I received the Xbox version when I clearly ordered the PS3 version. Obviously, the PS3 version is sold out now, and the best CS could do was offer me $5 in credit.

Did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I got a ripped up box for the 360 version just now. Annoying but not nearly as disappointing as what happened with you.

[quote name='da_man1980']I received my order today, and I received the Xbox version when I clearly ordered the PS3 version. Obviously, the PS3 version is sold out now, and the best CS could do was offer me $5 in credit.

I got one of each (they haven't arrived yet) so we'll see.

I'm hoping the product boxes aren't mangled but I realize the fault there lies with THQ for poor product design then with Amazon

Amazon is getting more stock of the PS3 version on 11/3. Maybe they can help you out in some way now.

I have a PS3 one if someone wants it. It's got a few creases. It's decent condition considering how flimsy the box is. Was purchased at GS a while back. If you're serious I can provide all the pics you want.

[quote name='coopscohen']Amazon is getting more stock of the PS3 version on 11/3. Maybe they can help you out in some way now.[/QUOTE]

where does it say they're coming back in stock on 11/3?

I finally caved in last night, ended up getting the 360 edition. I was considering picking up a PS3 version for my brother as it stated that Amazon had two back in stock, but I didn't end up getting it as he still hasn't open the kill zone 3 CE that I bought him.

bread's done
Back