CAGcast #301: Don't Be a Dick

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]The crew talks XCOM, Hotline Miami, gaming journalism controversies and much more!

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]210[/podcast]
Download - 1 hour 40 minutes Subscribe - Review
[/preview]

www.GoDaddy.com
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: 80s Mountain Dew Ad - Not so secret contest!

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tai is 5?! wow I remember when you announced you had a kid coming.

He looks really intense it that photo, I wish I had pictures like that of me as a kid.

If cheapy would stop burping, it would bring the show to a whole new level! Been listening for at least two years...It's getting old. Please ,wombat hook me up with TWD @gloryworks. :D

I have honestly never heard of that game before. After hearing the clip my guess would have been Hugo's house of horrors. lol

[quote name='War Art']I have honestly never heard of that game before. After hearing the clip my guess would have been Hugo's house of horrors. lol[/QUOTE]

It is quite the obscure title. Finding it was mostly deduction (Like Cheapy said, if you're a long-time listener...), along with a big chunk of luck. I stumbled upon the video shortly after I started checking the bigger names (Hunt the Wumpus, Star Trek, Munch Man, Parsec, etc.); good thing I didn't go on to the next clip right after that title screen tune.

I would have never gotten that. I thought it was supposed to be the main theme from a game.

Now the real question is, why was that song in Cheapy's head at that moment in time?

[quote name='CheapyD']a winner is you!!!
PM me with your email and I'll send out your prize.[/QUOTE]

PM sent, thanks again Cheapy!

Wow, the contest is over before I could even take a stab at it?!? How about a DOUBLE SECRET SECOND CONTEST Cheapy?

[quote name='BetaDemo']Wow, the contest is over before I could even take a stab at it?!? How about a DOUBLE SECRET SECOND CONTEST Cheapy?[/QUOTE]

Listen to the show

[quote name='Twig']Tai is 5?! wow I remember when you announced you had a kid coming.
[/QUOTE]ditto

skin cancer if I recall

guess i need to speed along my cagcast catch up listening.

I think an Elongated Man would be nice, but too bad they shafted him in recent years. They killed him and his wife, and made them ghost detectives, and then killed them again only to be revived during the Black Lantern story? Ay yay yay. I'd prefer the older Elongated Man stories where they actually solve crimes around the world, or his wife plays a prank on him on his birthday.

Great show guys. I could really do without the belches, but otherwise very enjoyable. Something that was very helpful in this episode was the mention that Xcom was very difficult, and as only a casual gamer, it really helps me in deciding to buy games if I have an idea of how difficult (hardcore) it is. Sometimes this info is out their but since we have an idea of what level of gamers all three of you are it is much more helpfull when you mention how difficult the games are. I would love to have The TWD code, I'm @TheJoeThinks

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']How long ago was this?[/QUOTE]

I had the skin cancer cut out shortly after E3 2011. I'm all good now and have a scar on my left cheek that you can probably see in photos I've posted in the last year.

That's good to know. I hope you are also working hard at making sure the cancer doesn't come back.

Why don't they just sell the Vita games in smaller boxes? If it doesn't need a manual, what's the point of those cases.

[quote name='Wombat']Listen to the show[/QUOTE]

"Constructive comment"

@_Ludono_

In for Walking Dead

:lol:

Seriously though, enjoyable episode as always. I know it's a bit early but is the Black Friday show going to be the same as every year? Always one of the best shows of the year :)

THEWOMBAT.jpg

I really enjoyed the talk about Arrow and I think if y'all keep watching the show there should be some more discussion on it. Also thought it was nice that Wombat and Ship had stuff for watch this bitches this week.

I'd love a walking dead code @rabidgummibear

Regarding the iPad Mini:

I don't want to say that Wombat is wrong that there's no point to the iPad Mini. I just want to point out that when the iPad was announced, everyone said the same thing. No one understood why you needed something bigger than a smartphone but smaller than a laptop.

Although I won't be buying one, I can see the usefulness of carrying around the Mini (with cell data) and leaving the bigger iPad (Wifi only) at home for around the house.

I think the iPad Mini makes sense because a regular iPad is really big and the Kindle Fire and Nexus tablets have been very popular, but that 1024 x 768 resolution is pathetic for an 7.9 inch tablet in an age where phones have 720p screens.

Keighley describes himself as a "videogame journalist" on his twitter page, and any sympathy I had for Lauren Wainwright vanished when she make bullshit claims of libel and cost an actual journalist his job. She has also reviewed Square-Enix games in the past despite claiming she never did.

http://wosland.podgamer.com/the-wainwright-profile/

And Cheapy, NeoGAF is not just a videogame message board. It's a guy's career and livelihood, just like CAG is for you. While I agree that a permanent ban is too harsh, the guy who runs GAF has good reason for wanting to keep publishers and retailers at arm's length which he explained in the Amazon DD sales thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43609475&postcount=4228

I have the same hope for the Surface with Win 8 pro as Wombat does. I will be interested in it if it is as good as a laptop (ie full OS) with tablet function as well as mouse and keyboard support. It would hopefully act as a second (obviously less powered) pc for me.

Also hey Wombat I want a Walking Dead Code for Xbox my twitter handle is @kvodden

The reason they haven't gone full speed ahead on more live action DC television shows likely is because of the tons of superhero shows which have crashed and burned or failed to get past pilot stage (due to awfulness) in the wake of the breakout of Heroes in 2006. Heroes itself dipped in quality and began to crash and burn after only one year on the air.

They have the hero (except for all the annoying narration) and supporting characters nailed pretty well on Arrow though so far the villains have been pretty one-dimensional/lackluster. I mean, for instance from the latest episode, of all the things to skimp on, off-brand smoke detectors? Can it really cost that much more to get functional smoke detectors?

[quote name='guardian_owl']The reason they haven't gone full speed ahead on more live action DC television shows likely is because of the tons of superhero shows which have crashed and burned or failed to get past pilot stage (due to awfulness) in the wake of the breakout of Heroes in 2006. Heroes itself dipped in quality and began to crash and burn after only one year on the air.

They have the hero (except for all the annoying narration) and supporting characters nailed pretty well on Arrow though so far the villains have been pretty one-dimensional/lackluster. I mean, for instance from the latest episode, of all the things to skimp on, off-brand smoke detectors? Can it really cost that much more to get functional smoke detectors?[/QUOTE]

Didn't they do a Wonder Woman Pilot within the last year right? Also I've never heard of elongated man. Doesn't DC have Plastic Man, why would they need two guys with the same power? btw thorbahn3 follows wombat on twitter and wants episdoe 4 of walking dead for 360.

Wombat. I love you. I am already following you on Twitter because I am your biggest fan. I am not just saying this because I want Walking Dead Episode 4. That's just a coincidence. If I don't win, would you consider sending me a lock of your hair. Let me know. Thanks.

Wombat, I too would love that code and I am following you on Twitter. My Twitter name is "@JonRosenau" (bet you can't guess my name).

Also, in terms of constructive criticism, I think you need to say more stuff that adds to the BS Quarterly. My favorite part of the show is listening to you and CheapyD bicker over the things you say

[quote name='thorbahn3']Didn't they do a Wonder Woman Pilot within the last year right? Also I've never heard of elongated man. Doesn't DC have Plastic Man, why would they need two guys with the same power? btw thorbahn3 follows wombat on twitter and wants episdoe 4 of walking dead for 360.[/QUOTE]

The Wonder Woman pilot... *shudder* Thank goodness that never made it to airing.

Speaking of *shudder*ing, I beat Medal of Honor Warfighter's single-player yesterday (got it as a Redbox rental). And man,
it was terrible. At least the original Medal of Honor reboot tried to do something different by focusing on a realistic portrayal of the Afghanistan war. Warfighter chucks all of that out the window by presenting a disjointed mess of a plot that combines Call of Duty-lite storytelling (globe-hopping characters, villains that come right out of a Michael Bay movie) with some "ripped from the headlines" stuff sprinkled in. It comes off as confusing, disjointed, boring, and overly patronizing. The CG cutscenes look bad too.

Worse yet, Danger Close didn't bother trying to fix the notable problems that the first game had, namely your dumb AI allies who are so scripted that they'll literally push you out of a good cover spot into the line of fire if they need to use that spot (or better yet run right in front of you while you're firing).

Arrow? Why is everyone acting like it's some new big unheard of thing. The Green Arrow was in like 5 seasons out of 10 of Smallville.

Anyone else always laughing along with Wombat's pop culture/Simpsons references? Cheapy and Ship either aren't catching them or possibly ignoring them.

And I am following Wombat and would take Walking Dead ep 4 if chosen.

Nice show guys I laughed and cried a few times. Wombat I've been following you on twitter for a long time. I'll gladly take a Waking Dead ep 4 code
Twitter handle @kube00

It's not a proper CAGcast without Cheapy burping at some point. Does he drink a lot of soda during the show or something?

And I wouldn't mind getting that Walking Dead code, Wombat! @Chronis676

I totally check my followers on Twitter all the time like Wombat. I admit I feel a little heartbroken when I longtime follower decides to remove me from his or her feed. ><

(By that I mean people I've had conversations with on twitter or in person. Not random people.)

Nice mention of Psi-Ops Ship, one of the only reasons I still have a PS2. I always wanted to play RAD, maybe we'll get an HD reboot someday.

bread's done
Back