(DEAD) Amazon coupons for Frankenweenie ($8) & Muppets Christmas Carol ($5)

jazzman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Amazon currently has an $8 off coupon for Frankenweenie (3D/BR/DVD/DC) and $5 off coupon for Muppets Christmas Carol (Amazon Exclusive BR/DVD/DC). I will try to add links later.

Frankenweenie 3D is currently 34.99 before coupon
http://www.amazon.com/Frankenweenie-Four-Disc-Combo-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B005LAIIA8/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1351268063&sr=1-3&keywords=frankenweenie

Muppets Christmas Carol (Amazon exclusive) is currently $27.99 before coupon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ESIGHI/ref=vp_c_A39IQLA8AC7ISJ?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Unless you want the Amazon exclusive which includes the DVD version, there is a special edition that just includes the BR/DC for $17.86.

Thanks for the info. In for pre-orders on both and see if they'll end up being the cheapest at time of release.

The Amazon version of Mupptes Christmas Carol with the coupon ended up being $22.99 after the coupon, though if I had to guess past trends, it'll probably be $24.99 before the coupon netting us a $19.99 AC price. Depending on who has it cheaper between BB and Target, it'll be matched and then the coupon figured into the mix.

Frakenweenie will likely release at $27.99 - $29.99 depending on the retailer, $24.99 if we're really lucky, all before coupon.

In for Frankenweenie The CE BD/DVD combo for the Muppets Christmas carol is an amazon exclusive so I'm not sure if that jeopardizes the chance of it dropping much lower. Usually Amazon seems to only be motivated to drop the price to match others

Some folks over at Blu-Ray.com are saying that there is a song cut out of the Muppets Christmas Carol. The song is: When Love is Gone. Probably not a deal breaker for most as it didn't appear in the theatrical version, but might be a deal breaker for completists.

What the fuck, Amazon... I have a gift card balance on my account that I don't want to tie up in an indefinite pre-order that I'm not even sure I actually want, but they lump the coupon and the gift card balance together, so that there's no way to place the order without using either both or neither. Guess it will be neither (and no order), then. :/

[quote name='xbox_mole']Some folks over at Blu-Ray.com are saying that there is a song cut out of the Muppets Christmas Carol. The song is: When Love is Gone. Probably not a deal breaker for most as it didn't appear in the theatrical version, but might be a deal breaker for completists.[/QUOTE]

Yep..

from wikipedia:
"When Love is Gone"

"When Love is Gone" was a song that was cut from the original 1992 theatrical release by Walt Disney Studios, who believed that the scene would not appeal to young children. The movie plays with an obvious, jarring edit when the film is played with the song missing. Brian Henson objected to their decision, believing that the song was integral to the plot (the concluding song, "When Love is Found," is a direct counterpoint to it), and the song was subsequently restored to the VHS and laserdisc editions. However, it was removed from the first (2002) DVD release and TV airings. This song was also cut from the 10th Anniversary Edition of the film released on DVD (widescreen only; however, the fullscreen version has the song). Two other songs were written but cut from the film; "Room in Your Heart", performed by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker, and "Chairman of the Board", performed by Sam the Eagle. These songs were recorded, but cut from the script before filming began. Both songs appear on the motion picture soundtrack released by Jim Henson Records.

[quote name='arcane93']What the fuck, Amazon... I have a gift card balance on my account that I don't want to tie up in an indefinite pre-order that I'm not even sure I actually want, but they lump the coupon and the gift card balance together, so that there's no way to place the order without using either both or neither. Guess it will be neither (and no order), then. :/[/QUOTE]

This happens to me too. Make a pre-order for something that's not releasing until next year, like Gears of War Judgment for XBOX 360. Use the gift card balance. That will clear that out.

Next place the order for Frankenweenie that uses the promo balance for the coupon.

Then go back and immediately cancel the XBOX 360 game and your giftcard balance is back. :)

I do that all the time when they have the coupons.

[quote name='xbox_mole']This happens to me too. Make a pre-order for something that's not releasing until next year, like Gears of War Judgment for XBOX 360. Use the gift card balance. That will clear that out.

Next place the order for Frankenweenie that uses the promo balance for the coupon.

Then go back and immediately cancel the XBOX 360 game and your giftcard balance is back. :)

I do that all the time when they have the coupons.[/QUOTE]Depending on the amount of the credit you have on your account, you might have to do multiple items, though yes, this is how you do it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you don't care about the DVD then it might be better to just get the standard BD edition for the muppets movie. Amazon has it for just $17.86 which might even be cheaper than what BB or Target has it for release week

http://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Christmas-Anniversary-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B008NB0SQO/ref=pd_cp_mov_0[/QUOTE]
thats my thought. i did clip the coupon then waited a day and thought i dont need the DVD, so may as well just get the cheaper Blu only

The Muppets Christmas Carol BD/DVD combo (amz exclusive) has dropped to $22.05 making it just $17.05 after you clip the $5 coupon. This obviously a superior deal now compared to the standard BD release.

Got a notice saying mine shipped for $22.05...but I clipped the coupon? Wtf? Went into order detail and everything. Anyone else?

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Got a notice saying mine shipped for $22.05...but I clipped the coupon? Wtf? Went into order detail and everything. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Nope, mine shipped at $17.05.

Frankenweenie just dropped to 29.96 today on Amazon. So with the $8 dollar coupon makes for about 23 dollars and some change after tax. :) Peter Pan also dropped today as well to the same price.

Is frankenweenie worth a blind buy at this price? I clipped the coupon and really enjoy my 3d blurays of nightmare before Christmas and coraline.

I did a blind buy of Brave 3d, but was a little dissapointed. At least it had a bunch of special features.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is frankenweenie worth a blind buy at this price? I clipped the coupon and really enjoy my 3d blurays of nightmare before Christmas and coraline.

I did a blind buy of Brave 3d, but was a little dissapointed. At least it had a bunch of special features.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I found it quite enjoyable when we seen it in theater. I would gladly spend 35 on it, but getting it for 22 is even better. I found it though to be quite comparable to Coraline, though its slightly more comedic to where Coraline leans a bit more towards the horror element I thought.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is frankenweenie worth a blind buy at this price? I clipped the coupon and really enjoy my 3d blurays of nightmare before Christmas and coraline.

I did a blind buy of Brave 3d, but was a little dissapointed. At least it had a bunch of special features.[/QUOTE]

I think it's well worth a blind buy. I saw it when it first came out and loved it. The ending isnt as good as I was hoping but it was still a great movie.

It's not really like anything else but if you liked all the dark/gothic movies then you'll like it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Target ad that was just posted says it'll be $27.99 on release, so an Amazon match of the price will net it for $19.99 AC.[/QUOTE]

They just matched it :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']They just matched it :D[/QUOTE]My order is in Shipping Now before they adjusted it down to $27.99, so it's now time to wait out until Thursday for them to give me back my $2 from the price difference.

Mine wasn't adjusted until I emailed them about it. I should be getting the $2 credit in a few days.

Got $2 back... shouldn't I get $7?
Or I guess they charged me at shipping $5 less... I guess that makes sense. I was afraid they started counting the coupon.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Got $2 back... shouldn't I get $7?
Or I guess they charged me at shipping $5 less... I guess that makes sense. I was afraid they started counting the coupon.[/QUOTE]It was released at 34.99 when the coupon was live and dropped to 29.99 right before shipment.

If you had prime with RDD, it shipped before the drop to 27.99 and you'd be due a $2 refund for that difference.

I had to read it over twice on my end to make sure I was reading it right.

[quote name='shrike4242']It was released at 34.99 when the coupon was live and dropped to 29.99 right before shipment.

If you had prime with RDD, it shipped before the drop to 27.99 and you'd be due a $2 refund for that difference.

I had to read it over twice on my end to make sure I was reading it right.[/QUOTE]

The email is a bit confusing. I got my $2 back but it didn't take into account my $8 coupon, so it says I paid $29.99. However in my order history it does say i got 8 off. Does you $2 refund email mention the coupon at all?

[quote name='Jommy']The email is a bit confusing. I got my $2 back but it didn't take into account my $8 coupon, so it says I paid $29.99. However in my order history it does say i got 8 off. Does you $2 refund email mention the coupon at all?[/QUOTE]No, it doesn't. Any refund email will never mention the coupon because it's the pre-coupon price that is the one they're offering the guarantee on.

You paid $29.99, $8 off for the coupon, $21.99 paid via credit card/gift card/etc. Price dropped to $27.99, so you're due $2.

[quote name='shrike4242']Depending on the amount of the credit you have on your account, you might have to do multiple items, though yes, this is how you do it.[/QUOTE]

I know this is old, but you can avoid promotional / gift card balances by unchecking a box on the payment screen. You never see this screen if you've purchased a bunch and have it set up for one-click.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mig0']Mine wasn't adjusted until I emailed them about it. I should be getting the $2 credit in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Price adjustments for released items usually happen on Wed/Thursday of the week (generally 2 business days after the item is released). They will do it automatically, but it doesn't hurt to monitor it.

I got mine Thursday morning because I didn't pay for it until Tuesday morning (I had an expired credit card on file). Because of this, it actually was only $19.99. If it shipped on time, it would have been $22.99 or whatever and I'd be getting the refund later.

bread's done
Back