PS Vita: Dynasty Warriors Next @ Frys.com $14.99

Game is incredibly under appreciated. This was my fave game on my Vita and the only game I miss from selling it. If your a fan of the series you will not regret this.

I just played the demo, and as a person who's never played a DW: What the fuck did I just play?!

The soundtrack is badass, the combat's fun. I like it! I'll try and PM at best buy today.

Does anyone know if Fry's is on the list of online retailers BB will match? Dont have a Fry's for hundreds of miles cause I'm in New England but id like to try to match this. They did Windows 8 for me from Microcenter (there's 1 store in the state 50 miles away) for $38.88 last night and I have a real good history with then so we will see.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Does anyone know if Fry's is on the list of online retailers BB will match? Dont have a Fry's for hundreds of miles cause I'm in New England but id like to try to match this. They did Windows 8 for me from Microcenter (there's 1 store in the state 50 miles away) for $38.88 last night and I have a real good history with then so we will see.[/QUOTE]

I know BB does match them but at my store it says Frys has to be within 25 miles for them to PM it. So you might run into that problem.

Good luck!

I price matched nsmb2 at best buy when fry's had it on sale release week when the closet fry's was around 200-300 miles away so I guess it's hit and miss.

Compared to other DW handheld releases, this is probably one of the best. And it infuses a little more interactivity than the usual console releases.

The two things I like most about DW Next are the light strategy and touchscreen controls that breathe a little bit of life into the series. The graphics are on par with the console releases and everything else is the same. But what sets this one apart is that you decide how to use your resources and officer "cards" to give yourself bonuses along with the usual items and equipment. It's not overly deep and overbearing, just enough for a hack and slash.

The touchscreen adds minigames and quicktime events to ambushes and turns events that would probably be in-game cutscenes into interactive portions. You also use it for the map and direct your troops to different bases for more of the strategy stuff. Some of the boss duels also use touch controls. It kinda plays like Infinity Blade on iOS.

I bought it at launch. $15 is a steal.

Thanks OP! Snagged one at the Duluth, GA Frys. They had probably about 5 left when i picked mine up at around 4:30PM.

Thanks again!

This was the first DW game I had every played. I bought it after I played the demo. It's really fun and a great time killer. I've put in 25+ hours. Definitely recommend it for $15.

Hmm, might have to look into it, played previous DW games, used to get into them, wonder how it would play on the Vita though. o;
sig.jpg

[quote name='WellOkay']Hmm, might have to look into it, played previous DW games, used to get into them, wonder how it would play on the Vita though. [/QUOTE]
It plays really well with dual analogs and the graphics are surprisingly good. Touchscreen is used for some mini-games.

bread's done
Back