Staples Computer/PC Games Clearance YMMV

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Just got back from my local Staples store and purchased Dawn Of War II Gold Collection for $2.00+tax. "Warhammer 4000: Dawn Of War II Gold" was $39.99-$37.99 savings. They had other games like Lost. This is YMMV of course.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Just got back from my local Staples store and purchased Dawn Of War II Gold Collection for $2.00+tax. "Warhammer 4000: Dawn Of War II Gold" was $39.99-$37.99 savings. They had other games like Lost. This is YMMV of course.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember anything else that you saw there?

EDIT:
Has anybody else went to their local Staples and found some crazy deals like this?

[quote name='MysterD']Do you remember anything else that you saw there?

EDIT:
Has anybody else went to their local Staples and found some crazy deals like this?[/QUOTE]

Was talking to the girl cashier (ex co-worker of mine) and she said they had a lot of kids games for PC and some fable game (which would be Fable 3) & a guy had actually purchased almost all of them. Luckily for me though, he left me this decent game and I got the last copy. Might wanna just go in person to your local Staples and check for yourself. Also, I think they are doing remodeling or something because I saw shelves emptied out...unless of course, they are getting rid of retail pc games completely since the digital era is where it's mainly at now.

[quote name='Mageshadow']Theres a thread on slickdeals on the same thing

A bunch of PC Games are on clearance for $2/ea[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. :D

Some from Slickdeals and FatWallet, a few games I'm missing - i.e. Rise of Legends; MOH: Pacific Assault; & even BF 1942.
Hmmm...who plays BF 1942 anymore? hehe.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Was talking to the girl cashier (ex co-worker of mine) and she said they had a lot of kids games for PC and some fable game (which would be Fable 3) & a guy had actually purchased almost all of them. Luckily for me though, he left me this decent game and I got the last copy. Might wanna just go in person to your local Staples and check for yourself. Also, I think they are doing remodeling or something because I saw shelves emptied out...unless of course, they are getting rid of retail pc games completely since the digital era is where it's mainly at now.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I'm for sure gonna check it out. Was just wondering if you saw anything else. Who knows - there might be something else worthwhile I find; especially if someone found something like Dawn of War 2 Gold (already got that, though).

I actually got Fable 3 (PC) directly from G4WL for download already. I'm not a big fan of G4WL and how it's download program works and uses its files (All as CAB's).
For $1 or $2, might be nice just to have it on disc, if they actually got it; hehe.

Checked at Staples store in Brockton, MA.

I picked up for $1 each the following:
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
MOH: Pacific Assault

Some other stuff I saw there, but did NOT buy:
SW: Battlefront 1
HAWX 1
Plants vs. Zombies
Bejeweled 3

That really was...about it there.
PC section was...pretty cleaned-out.

[quote name='MysterD']Checked at Staples store in Brockton, MA.

I picked up for $1 each the following:
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
MOH: Pacific Assault

Some other stuff I saw there, but did NOT buy:
SW: Battlefront 1
HAWX 1
Plants vs. Zombies
Bejeweled 3

That really was...about it there.
PC section was...pretty cleaned-out.[/QUOTE]

As a heads up PvZ will be free on PC come Tuesday for a few days.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']As a heads up PvZ will be free on PC come Tuesday for a few days.[/QUOTE]

Yep.
That's why I didn't buy it @ Staples. :D

Anyone remember the page you activate older EA games at?

EDIT: Doesn't work with Carbon or the BF game I got. I will try EA support and report the findings back to ya'll.

Newbury park, ca has literally nothing.

Camarillo has a bunch of stuff, but most of it is $5 instead of 1 or 2. Nothing worth picking up, IMHO.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Anyone remember the page you activate older EA games at?

EDIT: Doesn't work with Carbon or the BF game I got. I will try EA support and report the findings back to ya'll.[/QUOTE]

If you're trying to activate NFS Carbon on Origin, it's not gonna work.. cuz Carbon isn't on Origin.

[quote name='sunghost']If you're trying to activate NFS Carbon on Origin, it's not gonna work.. cuz Carbon isn't on Origin.[/QUOTE]EA support live chat activated both for me:
UFN9Z.jpg

I remember these. We put them out on clearance back in November 2011. Although the picture above is pretty much all there ever was to start with, so it doesn't seem like they were a hot mover.

[quote name='Das_Regal']EA support live chat activated both for me:
UFN9Z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ah, I guess I was wrong then. I couldn't find Carbon on the Origin store, but it must've been available at one point and then taken off?

bread's done
Back