- - - - -

The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

#61 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   36379 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

:rofl:
Posted Image

#62 snakemaster2389   Temporarily Banned Temporarily Banned Users   3437 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

snakemaster2389

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

gamefly shipped out my copy of wwe 13 today. prolly be here thursday or friday due to Sandy
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 007   Areaologist CAGiversary!   2860 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

I admit, I'm a sucker for the Attitude Era stuff. The big main event guys? Eh. Mid-careers like Shamrock and Godfather? Day motherfuckin' one. I'm weird like that.

I'm hoping it's okay enough out to make the 2 minute trip to pick it up tomorrow, but we'll see.

#64 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   36379 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'm pretty sure the dude in the crowd that makes this segment awesome is in the front row at tonight's Raw as well.
Posted Image

#65 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   9606 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Wonder if MS ponied up for that giant banner to be the Xbox version.

Lol at the crowd not reacting to that final segment. Did they really have to act like they were doing anything surprising with those teams?

#66 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37482 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

GameInformer review for WWE '13 by Dan Ryckert.. the guy knows his wrestling games, so I'd trust him over anyone else. He gave WWE '12 a 5.5 last year..

http://www.gameinfor...-13-review.aspx

He gave WWE '13 a
Spoiler

Faults:

AI occasionally gets caught in odd loops. Physics for items like ring ropes and weapons are frequently wonky. A nonexistent crowd started a chant during an empty arena match. Many of the wrestlers’ faces look odd or don’t resemble their real-life counterparts. Despite these complaints, very few of them interfere with the experience as a whole.

Final word:

I’ve always pointed to 2000’s WWF No Mercy as the best wrestling game I’ve ever played, but nostalgia is certainly a factor in that. After playing WWE ‘13, I’m hard pressed to think of a more enjoyable and complete wrestling game in history.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#67 shotgunshine   The People's Champ CAGiversary!   963 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

shotgunshine

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Might pick this up very soon. Let me know how the online is. On WWE 12, playing online matches was ok, but I could never download anything. I wanted to download created wrestlers, custom rings etc. and in the couple months I had the game, I was able to connect to it about twice.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#68 snakemaster2389   Temporarily Banned Temporarily Banned Users   3437 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

snakemaster2389

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

If anyone on here is going to create a CAG WWE 13 league and maybe make up some cool storyline stuff, im in.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 AceFan84   KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!! CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

I don't know what everyone is buying WWE 13 for but I'm getting it for PS3, I prefer the PS3 for editing themes and other such things over the 360.

Also last weekend the old N64 wrestling classics were broke out in an old school multiplayer gaming session and guess what....they are still awesome! We played Wrestlemania 2000, WCW Revenge, and No Mercy and they all still held up and were awesome to play again. It really is amazing how incredibly well the gameplay in those games holds up....I just hope WWE 13 can stand alongside these 10-15 year old wrestling games and not embarrass itself lol.

fs.png
67096.png

#70 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37482 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

What difference is there regarding editing themes on the PS3 versus the 360 version?

I am picking it up on the 360 shortly, can't wait to edit some themes in later tonight.

Posted Image

#71 Genocidal   Summer of Punk CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Curious to see how far down the rating is this week with a sizable amount of the Northeast being without power/evacuated/watching storm coverage.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#72 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7104 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

I was going to grab WWE '13 day one but noticed Redbox has it available -- and with all these free game rental codes, it's time to put them to use. Maybe I'll save myself from spending $40-$50 on it this year.

Also, it's nice to see them utilize a damn "traditional" Survivor Series match this year... likely to use it as a building tool for Ryback, which I have no problem with.

#73 pitfallharry219   Salty milk & pennies CAGiversary!   11638 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

pitfallharry219

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Has anyone made a separate thread for the game, or are we just using this one?

#74 007   Areaologist CAGiversary!   2860 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm definitely enjoying the game so far, but I also admit I'm a nostalgia whore. Seriously, they might as well have subtitled it 'Wait, there's a current roster in this?'.

#75 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   36379 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Any dreadful edits to the game? Like New Age Outlaws getting the wrong theme, or Road Dogg says "Oh you didn't know? Your patoot outghta CALL SOMEBODAAYYYYYY!!!"

you know, things like that?
Posted Image

#76 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7104 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

IIRC, in the video THQ(?) posted on YouTube I think Road Dogg says "You betta callllll somebodayyyyy". Too lazy to check.

#77 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37482 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

The crowd is SO much better this year. It changes the entire feel of the game for me.

Posted Image

#78 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37482 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Just had an AMAZING Jericho/Cena match. Back and forth, crowd roaring, I'm hitting move after move, I run to the top rope and go for a drop kick.. Cena catches me, hits an FU and pins me. Typical Cena.

So freakin' awesome.

Posted Image

#79 007   Areaologist CAGiversary!   2860 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

IIRC, in the video THQ(?) posted on YouTube I think Road Dogg says "You betta callllll somebodayyyyy". Too lazy to check.

Yeah, he eliminates the word 'ass'. I'm 99% sure Billy Gunn has his Ass Man theme, though, so I don't think Road Dogg's thing was a WWE forced edit. I've seen people mention that Road Dogg became born-again at some point, so it may just be that he refuses to swear now.

Honestly, outside of people who are either dead or employed elsewhere, the biggest roster problem I have is the lack of Chyna and Steve Blackman. Which, really, that's not bad when you need to go to that level for a complaint about the roster.

I'm impressed, too, that THQ released it like this. Honestly, this is almost two seperate games in one. I'm serious when I say that I may never even touch the 'current' side of the game.

#80 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4606 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm not a fan of blurring out Stone Colds middle fingers. That was his staple.

I'm loving it thus far and just made it to the Stone Cold era.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#81 mitch079   It's an ILLUSION! CAGiversary!   7969 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing BEYOND: Two Souls
PS3

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

http://lolwrestling....tgbeenemployed/

mmitch079.jpgmmitch079.png

#82 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14820 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Curious to see how far down the rating is this week with a sizable amount of the Northeast being without power/evacuated/watching storm coverage.

I'd be shocked if RAW is above 2.0 this week to be honest.

New sig coming soon.

#83 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

http://lolwrestling....tgbeenemployed/

Cheah.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Game of Thrones season 2
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#84 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   7763 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

That site gave me my new favorite GIF
Posted Image

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#85 AceFan84   KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!! CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

What difference is there regarding editing themes on the PS3 versus the 360 version?

I am picking it up on the 360 shortly, can't wait to edit some themes in later tonight.

To my knowledge on 360 you have to stream themes from your PC using Windows Media Player while on PS3 you just copy themes over onto your HDD from a USB stick or external HD or whatever and then just select them inside the game. It works fine on 360 I'm told I just prefer the way PS3 lets you do it, which is why I buy the majority of my sports games on my PS3.

fs.png
67096.png

#86 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37482 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

You've always had the option to play the themes off of the 360 drive. It's been that way since day one with any game that allowed it. You just have to burn them to a CD-R and rip that instead of just copying them from a thumbdrive.

Posted Image

#87 BlueSwim   Tech-Gaming.com CAGiversary!   2390 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Honestly, outside of people who are either dead or employed elsewhere, the biggest roster problem I have is the lack of Chyna and Steve Blackman. Which, really, that's not bad when you need to go to that level for a complaint about the roster.

For some reason, I thought Steve Blackman was confirmed. Gotta admit that I was disappointed when I checked out the roster page on THQ's website and didn't see him. There are a few names I would have liked to have seen from the Attitude Era side (that you didn't already mention or are in TNA), namely Sable, Marc Mero, Owen Hart (yeah, I know...), Raven, Dean Malenko, Jacqueline, Ivory, and Terri.

The day-one DLC is on the disc.:roll:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#88 007   Areaologist CAGiversary!   2860 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

For some reason, I thought Steve Blackman was confirmed. Gotta admit that I was disappointed when I checked out the roster page on THQ's website and didn't see him. There are a few names I would have liked to have seen from the Attitude Era side (that you didn't already mention or are in TNA), namely Sable, Marc Mero, Owen Hart (yeah, I know...), Raven, Dean Malenko, Jacqueline, Ivory, and Terri.

The day-one DLC is on the disc.:roll:

Sable is surprising because of the Lesnar connection, and I admit that the rest of the women are a category that didn't get effort it could have. I would hazard to say that former Divas are not necessarily a group of people overly thrilled with WWE, though. Mero has been an outspoken critic of WWE, same with Raven. This seems to skew early Attitude, so I get the lack of Malenko, especially since it's easier to basically just ignore the Radicalz.

Actually, one of the more glaring omissions that I'd love to know the story behind? Neidhart. We get Bret, Bulldog, and Pillman, but not the final non-Owen member of the Hart Foundation? That's a little weird.

#89 AllFrankedUp   shhhhh. CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

AllFrankedUp

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

WWE is installing now.

793651.png

#90 AceFan84   KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!! CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

You've always had the option to play the themes off of the 360 drive. It's been that way since day one with any game that allowed it. You just have to burn them to a CD-R and rip that instead of just copying them from a thumbdrive.

Ah yeah that's right I totally forgot about ripping things off a CD-R. Well then it's not much more of a hassle on 360 to put things on your HDD. I guess besides ease of use the other reason I buy games like this on PS3 more is due to my lack of 360 HDD space. I still have an original 360 with a 20GB drive that I've been fighting with for years now lol. I usually rock 2-3 gigs of free space on it that I try to reserve for game demos. I have two PS3's, an 80GB and a 120GB so space is no issue for me there.

fs.png
67096.png