Possible backup issues

squishface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So i'm trying to help out someone figure this issue out. Wasn't even exactly sure what to put as the title lol.
He said that he was backing up all of his stuff and burning cds to play in the car. During that process, he said someone came over with a flash drive to show some pics and videos....the short story is that he said afterwards his computer could have been possibly infected with whatever was on the flash drive.
So he burnt the rest of the cds and data and wiped the rest to start all over. Well the question is that the cd/music that was burnt as an audio cd to be played in cars.
Can it be ripped again into mp3 format to be put on a phone possibly be infected still IF it was in the first place? Would he just be out of luck and only listen to it on cd?

What I was told is that he said after one of his friends put the flash drive in, the next few days it started to act kinda slow. That was what I was told, and within a week his friends laptop crashed and was never usable again.
Maybe it was a coincidence or the fact that his friends uses that laptop to download and do all kinds of web surfing to places that really should have some type of antivirus or firewall.
about him saying it was possibly infected with something ?
It seems kinda confusing to me, and thought someone else might have a better answer or solution?
I told him if he's worried that those audio cds could have had something on it, to not rip them until there is more information to keep from reformatting all over again.

Kinda funny that his only solution to this was to use my laptop to rip and put the music on his phone and ipod, which is not happening . :lol:

So basically you are saying that the files were MP3s, then converted into wav files (for audio disks)?

I'm no expert, but I think that MP3s only can have their ID3V tags infected. So I think in the conversion the tags were deleted.

yeah whatever format the standard audio cd is for playing in vehicles and cd players. It's kinda confusing to me, but I might have found an answer here soon.

bread's done
Back