psp or vita?

thefallingscream

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for something portable that has a ton of games. I had a ds when I was in high school but I didn't really enjoy it. Should I get a used psp at gamestop for $60 or should I just save up some more money and get a vita?

psp is the better option for tons of games. vita still has a very limited library, and is also limited in the psp digital titles that it supports.

Unless the Vita currently has games that you want, I'd go with a PSP. You'll save a lot of money and have a much wider selection of games to play, even if they are all a year or more old. Vita's [current and planned] software library doesn't impress me, personally, but if it impresses you, then consider that as well.

Since I got my Vita, I haven't touched my PSP. I traded the PSP in the other day.

That said, if you've never played a Vita the PSP is a great machine.

The Vita will likely be a solid system in time. For the moment it's a bit slim on game selection. This is only natural for such a new system. The hardware itself is excellent.

For value, I would recommend the PSP. While it isn't quite as slick as its predecessor, it is still a decent handheld. It can be found used for very reasonable prices. Its ubiquity in the market makes it an easy system to repair or refurbish. I bought a used PSP for $40 a few months ago, and completely refurbished it with a brand-new exterior and screen.

The majority of PSP games will eventually be made available on the Vita, but all of them will be download-only. The original UMD games for the PSP are available used for a lower price. It is becoming harder to find PSP games, though, and that lack of convenience is worth considering.

[quote name='Richard Kain']It is becoming harder to find PSP games, though, and that lack of convenience is worth considering.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I've seen several instances of fair-priced PSP games in several stores from small-time businesses, to GameStop stores, & some Japanese stores I frequent. I found some stray PSP games at expos too; damn good ones, & for cheap & in good condition too.

God damn imports aren't even always expensive if you look between the lines.

The PSP is an amazing piece of hardware with a lot of love thrown at it, & the fact that Japan is still shipping out freshly-made games shows that.

On another note, I don't understand what you even mean by "lack of convenience." Is going to a store to buy a game that troublesome? I mean, unless you're out in the boonies, I wouldn't think so; besides, physical copies of games are sexy.

Like Japanese stuff? Buy a PSP 3000. Now.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back