90% off Meijer Clearance PS2, PS3, Wii, 360 (YMMV)

Invicta 61

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Stopped at Meijer tonight to get some Halloween candy and found some clearance games on an endcap in the electronics section at 90% off.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Selection wasn't great, mostly Guitar Hero stuff but I did manage to snag a $3 copy of Bayonetta. Prices ranged from $2 for PS2 to $4 for PS3 and 360 games. There were better clearance games last time I checked but I must have missed out on them after hitting 90%, maybe your luck will be better. YMMV.

Unfortunately the PS3 version of Bayonetta is very buggy and gimped. Different developers ports it and didn't know what they were doing apparently. Probably worth $3 though.

Yeah, I'd love to know the location as well. My Meijer never seems to have any good clearance. Always like 25% off or something.

I found these at the Muncie, IN store. Didn't have a chance to check any others in the area. Hopefully other stores are clearing out old games before the holiday season also, but something tells me this is all by manager's discretion.

[quote name='mvp828']Yea, I think I know what states they have stores seeing as I live about 5 mins from corporate HQ.

I like a few others just want to know what area he found them.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, just trying to help! ^^;

pretty envious of this clearance, even though I'm well out of the area of Meijer's. I worked out in Detroit about 10 years ago for a few months and loved that store. Basically, it's like a better Walmart that has everything from groceries, to licensed NFL jerseys you find in Foot Locker down to video games. Makes me wish we had these around the Phila area instead of those legal global sweatshops known as Walmart

I don't normally like to tell people where I live since it's pretty much out in the BFE, and also I don't like to give away much about my personal life on the internet. Another thing is I am vague on location because I don't want to give those lurking tools on SD any ammo. I gave in because so many people were requesting to know the location. I honestly didn't think many people would ask. If I had seen before I posted that MetalGearDraco was going to be a dick about it I wouldn't have said a thing.

This was mostly a heads up to check your local store since the items I posted were the only things worth picking up even at $2-$3. The remaining games was stuff like Guitar Hero 5, DJ Hero 2, Sing It and some High School Musical game for PS2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Is it weird that I have never heard of this store? Is it a east coast chain?
That's he'll of a deal on bayo![/QUOTE]

It's Midwest. MI, IN, IL, OH, KY. I think they have plans to or have already moved into Wisconsin, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Missouri.

would love to see meijer in wisconsin. big fan of them from growing up in michigan.

[quote name='Invicta 61']It's Midwest. MI, IN, IL, OH, KY. I think they have plans to or have already moved into Wisconsin, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Missouri.[/QUOTE]

Mideast, not Midwest. :p

I'll have to check some Meiner stores nearme on payday Friday, but ai doubt I'll find anything.

[quote name='jer7583']would love to see meijer in wisconsin. big fan of them from growing up in michigan.[/QUOTE]

Are you my twin?!?! Spent 23 yrs in Michigan and now currently 5 in WI

[quote name='jer7583']would love to see meijer in wisconsin. big fan of them from growing up in michigan.[/QUOTE]

Wisconsin is actually the next place Meijer is going.

Ooh, the store near me still has had one copy of Bayonetta on their clearance shelf for weeks. I'll have to check and see if...
[quote name='Invicta 61']I found these at the Muncie, IN store.[/QUOTE]
Noooooo!

[quote name='Invicta 61']I found these at the Muncie, IN store. Didn't have a chance to check any others in the area. Hopefully other stores are clearing out old games before the holiday season also, but something tells me this is all by manager's discretion.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. I live in Fort Wayne so hopefully I'll find some on clearance at mine.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Mideast, not Midwest. :p[/QUOTE]

Nothing in the Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, or Kuwait Meijers, I checked. :lol:

[quote name='Invicta 61']I found these at the Muncie, IN store. Didn't have a chance to check any others in the area. Hopefully other stores are clearing out old games before the holiday season also, but something tells me this is all by manager's discretion.[/QUOTE]

Figures.

The Muncie Meijer always seemed to have decent game clearance prices when I lived there a number of years ago. The one where I live now blows hard.

how its cosidered midwest is beyond me but w/e. I live in Mchigan, the state Meijer was founded in and its a Eastern time zone state. i dont see how these states are located more towards the west of the us then the east. what the hell would be considered mideast?

Sweet, I have about 4 Meijer stores within a reasonable distance from me. Putting on my shoes right now, lol.

Checked one of the Meijer's in Toledo, they had some clearance games but none marked down to 90% off, just regular clearance price. But all they had was a bunch of PS2 games and 360/PS3 games that ended in "-Hero" so I didn't miss out on much.

[quote name='TheRyno665']Checked one of the Meijer's in Toledo, they had some clearance games but none marked down to 90% off, just regular clearance price. But all they had was a bunch of PS2 games and 360/PS3 games that ended in "-Hero" so I didn't miss out on much.[/QUOTE]

Get out of my backyard!

90% off video games in unusual at Meijer, but they do run additional % off on games and other clearance categories on a rotating basis. It seems to typically be an extra 10-30% off over and above the currently marked clearance price.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']how its cosidered midwest is beyond me but w/e. I live in Mchigan, the state Meijer was founded in and its a Eastern time zone state. i dont see how these states are located more towards the west of the us then the east. what the hell would be considered mideast?[/QUOTE]

Someone slept during history class :) has allot to do with the country starting out in the northeast states and expanding outward from there. Not here to give a basic history lesson on our country though.

[quote name='JoKu']Oddly im 10 minutes away from the Saginaw and Bay City ones. Just right in the middle.[/QUOTE]

Just keep your hands off Midland and we won't need to be having any words good sir. :D

[quote name='JoKu']Oddly im 10 minutes away from the Saginaw and Bay City ones. Just right in the middle.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Just keep your hands off Midland and we won't need to be having any words good sir. :D[/QUOTE]

The Midland store used to always have pretty good clearance items. I've been out of there for 2 years now, but I always liked my weekly trips to Target, Meijer, and Best Buy to hit the clearance sections.

Lexington meijers have nothing for all my kentucky brethren

edit: didn't check hamburg location

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back