Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $39.99 PS3/360

[quote name='superhippy1986']I had a better price weeks ago for PS3 version.

FREE![/QUOTE]

Dayummmm I thought they woulda fixed that...Good on you!

for either the PC or 360 version, does anyone know if the premium code is separate from the standard serial number?

do i get two codes (game + premium) so i can give someone else the game and keep premium, or does one code give me everything?

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Are the maps that good?[/QUOTE]

Armored Kill on consoles is depressing.. So much space and so few players

[quote name='wowimsocute']for either the PC or 360 version, does anyone know if the premium code is separate from the standard serial number?

do i get two codes (game + premium) so i can give someone else the game and keep premium, or does one code give me everything?[/QUOTE]

Isn't premium an expansion pack only? I don't know!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Isn't premium an expansion pack only? I don't know![/QUOTE]

the premium edition is the base game + premiun service.

i am just wondering if that is two separate codes or one bundled code.

[quote name='wowimsocute']the premium edition is the base game + premiun service.

i am just wondering if that is two separate codes or one bundled code.[/QUOTE]

I would assume its the game on disc and premium as a code.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Are the maps that good?[/QUOTE]

No. As someone who has played the last few incarnations of the Battlefield series, premium hasn't really added much on the console version of BF3. Armored Kill is, like someone else mentioned, too large for the 24 player servers. Take Superiority is more of a "fun" mode than something I'd take seriously. Close Quarters, eh. I've had fun on the maps but it definitely is for the CoD crowd who prefer killstreaks and quick action as opposed to the normal BF style of play. The gunmaster mode is unoriginal and doesn't work as well as the original. Back to Karkand is probably the best expansion so far, and it's just the re-imagining of old maps in the BF3 format.

If I had a chance to do it over again, I would not get premium. Of course, I am bitter since I bought the game at launch and then bought premium, not realizing just a month or so later they offered the game AND premium on the cheap. Oh well.

I think Karkand is the only DLC worth it right now. Can't speak for the remaining two that haven't come out yet but there is a reason I didn't commit to trading in my LE copy and getting the Premium version.

Close Quarters looked horrendous. There was maybe 1 or 2 maps in Armored Kill that caught my attention, but I read and saw that they were too large, and I own Karkand already through the LE....All of the maps I have and play on I see more Premium players than regular players. That says to me that even Premium players would rather play most of the standard maps that were included (with the exception of Karkand's DLC).

I felt like I was missing out, but now I'm fine with what I have. I also feel like the server issues alone thwart the need to upgrade. Although, if you buy 2 or more packs, you mind as well go Premium.

Do you guys think this is the best price we'll see on the Premium edition? Or will Black Friday be better.

Also is it known how long it will be at this price?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the vanilla version of the game. I bought it for $15 from Gamefly. The DLC is $49.99 I'm going to sale my vanilla copy and pick this up. Great deal.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']Do you guys think this is the best price we'll see on the Premium edition? Or will Black Friday be better.[/QUOTE]
Hard to say, but I don't think it gets much lower than this.

[quote name='joeyshadows']So tempting. I have Warfighter and getting Blops in two weeks. =[[/QUOTE]

Trade MoHW in and get this :)

bread's done
Back