* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3061 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   10378 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

I tried to pre-order the premium a few weeks ago and they told me they had a cap of 25 pre-orders for each system and they got that cap months ago.

Can get lucky and someone won't pick it up.

Deader2818.png

#3062 jaredstorm   Vashedan CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

jaredstorm

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

I'm just surprised Amazon still has the Premium for pre-order. If I can't find one on Tuesday then I will just order from Amazon.

608212.png

#3063 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2757 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Anyone know if Bioshock Infinite Special Edition will be on the floor, or is it only preorder? I wasn't able to preorder one because all the preorder cards were gone. Only preordered through the preorder vending machine..

it will be on the floor if you work at one of the many bestbuys where they have no idea what they're doing and just put everything out

I'm just surprised Amazon still has the Premium for pre-order. If I can't find one on Tuesday then I will just order from Amazon.

newegg still has it. I doubt it will be hard to find

#3064 Hoffer   I've got a 10" CAG CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

I got a $20 reward certificate in an email over night. I assume it was from my Tomb Raider preorder. Wish I had received it 2 days earlier. Could have used it towards Gears of War. I'll just use it towards Bioshock.

#3065 TealPavelski   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

TealPavelski

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

So my Gamers Club membership ends 2 days after BioShock releases. Any chance BB screws me out of my $20?
607033.png

#3066 atlantis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

atlantis

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

So my Gamers Club membership ends 2 days after BioShock releases. Any chance BB screws me out of my $20?

No, the membership benefit applies to purchase/pre-order dates not release dates.

#3067 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Ao I emailed CS about Crysis 3 and MGSR and they said the purchase was there but no points awarded so they had to manually add them :|

along with the washer/dryer I bought same day. basically almost lost 3880 points

and looking at my history I was supposed to get some spring cert. but nothing yet. hmmm

#3068 jaredstorm   Vashedan CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

jaredstorm

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

newegg still has it. I doubt it will be hard to find

Indeed. I figured it was more limited than other 'Premium Editions' because of some stores stopping preorders.

608212.png

#3069 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9588 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

can we put some info about the missing points issue explanation in the OP? Not sure how many read the OP but some members don't keep up with the threads and their issues have been addressed already before (about not calling in to CS and just waiting to see points post).

Now playing:

:ps4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Overwatch

:vita: Zero Time Dilemma

#3070 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   10378 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

There was clearly an issue with MGR, Cyrsis 3 and Tomb Raider points not posting because there has been several reports of the reward zone help line telling people they wouldnt get their points because they used giftcards/certs.

They werent just going to magically appear. Seems like its a pretty known issue now and people have had to call in to get their points.

Deader2818.png

#3071 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1616 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

There was clearly an issue with MGR, Cyrsis 3 and Tomb Raider points not posting because there has been several reports of the reward zone help line telling people they wouldnt get their points because they used giftcards/certs.

They werent just going to magically appear. Seems like its a pretty known issue now and people have had to call in to get their points.

I used $15 worth of certs on my TR pre-order and the 1000 points have been pending for awhile now and I believe they will post soon since I have RZ Premier Silver. While I do agree that some people are having issues I personally have never had an issue with this promotion and and have used a combination of certs/gift cards with my purchases several times.

Edited by DemonsMaster, 22 March 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#3072 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   10378 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

For whatever reason, MGR and Tomb Raider were messed up because I used a gift card and after I was done, he told me that it was good a called because since something was messed up it was never going to post anyways.

Really, to me, if the purchase as cleared and you didn't get the promo points id call. How many cases are there of people getting their promo points a few weeks after their purchase cleared?

Deader2818.png

#3073 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Really, to me, if the purchase as cleared and you didn't get the promo points id call. How many cases are there of people getting their promo points a few weeks after their purchase cleared?

It happened to me with Dead Space 3.

#3074 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9588 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

I used $15 worth of certs on my TR pre-order and the 1000 points have been pending for awhile now and I believe they will post soon since I have RZ Premier Silver. While I do agree that some people are having issues I personally have never had an issue with this promotion and and have used a combination certs/gift cards with my purchases several times.

This x 100.

I've preordered nearly every single game eligible for the $20 promo for the last 2 years. I've never had to call into CS once. I've just been patient. No stress no hassle. Points haven't showed up before but I waited and they "magically" appeared.

Not every CS rep is going to know how the GCU program works and it's customer service RZ interface issues. Frankly, I'm more knowledgable than the average CS rep so I've never been duped by them either.

Now playing:

:ps4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Overwatch

:vita: Zero Time Dilemma

#3075 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   10378 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

In the end, no harm was done. The issue was fixed, everyone was happy :D

I never had any issue last year, and I pre-orded, CoD, ACIII, RE6, and Dishonored. Dead Space 3 was fine for me as well. For whatever reason, MGS and TR were not. God of War is though.

Deader2818.png

#3076 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5083 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Called about Crysis today. The actual purchase isn't showing in my account, nor are the 1000 points. CS rep couldn't figure it out, filed a claim and told he it'll take 7 days to figure it out. Lame.

#3077 Dunder   You can't handle my undivided attention. CAGiversary!   931 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

My GOW:A bonus points cleared today. Good to see bonus points are clearing fairly fast now - not sure if it has to do with being Silver status or not, but I'll take it either way.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#3078 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4767 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

My GOW:A bonus points cleared today. Good to see bonus points are clearing fairly fast now - not sure if it has to do with being Silver status or not, but I'll take it either way.

I am not a silver member anymore and everything is clearing fairly quickly for me now. My GOW: A points also cleared today.

#3079 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yeah still don't have MGR transaction or bonus points on my account. But will wait for the 35 days to pass before I complain.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3080 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2757 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I complained about my metal gear rising and crysis 3 points not showing up, even the regular points aren't there. All the points for that day aren't there. They could see the purchase but they said I was correct that I wasn't awarded points for it.

they told me they submitted a ticket and they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks?? :shock:

#3081 AsstronautJones   bang bang what's the hang CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

AsstronautJones

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Anybody know how long it takes to receive games in the mail? I preordered Bioshock for shipping and its the first game I'm having shipped after losing my Silver status. When I was Silver I'd receive games on Wednesday, now that I'm back to core I was wondering if anyone knew how much longer it would take to get to me.

#3082 htz  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Anybody know how long it takes to receive games in the mail? I preordered Bioshock for shipping and its the first game I'm having shipped after losing my Silver status. When I was Silver I'd receive games on Wednesday, now that I'm back to core I was wondering if anyone knew how much longer it would take to get to me.

Best Buy shipped my games via UPS Mail Innovation when I was a regular RZ member. I usually get them on Thursday and Friday the latest. I get them on release day now due to Silver. :D

#3083 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Best Buy shipped my games via UPS Mail Innovation when I was a regular RZ member. I usually get them on Thursday and Friday the latest. I get them on release day now due to Silver. :D

I got metal gear rising the Saturday after release day because of the slow UPS innovations which uses USPS for local delivery. And it shipped out the Friday before release date from Tennessee to Cali.

#3084 Brash_Attack   Emperor Banana CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Brash_Attack

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Has anyone's Rewards points showed up as pending or anything for Gears Judgment? This is the first BB pre-order I did by mail so I don't know if the points take longer to show up.

I know it has to take 30 days to clear, but I was expecting it to at least show up as pending.

#3085 HououinK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Finally went ahead and Pre-ordered Infinite for PS3. Couldn't decide whether to get it for PS3 or PC especially with the amazing PC deals but ending up choosing console since I prefer it.

#3086 Dark Lord Greg   The Urban Legend CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Dark Lord Greg

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Has anyone's Rewards points showed up as pending or anything for Gears Judgment? This is the first BB pre-order I did by mail so I don't know if the points take longer to show up.

I know it has to take 30 days to clear, but I was expecting it to at least show up as pending.

no nothing has shown up for Gears of War and I pre-ordered in store, seems like it is now actually taking the full 5 days to show up instead of taking up to 5 days, but points will still post after the same 30 days

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#3087 lwhitit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Interesting. My Gears PO is pending but i got the fb 500 point promo and not the GCU 1k. Hopefully it will show up late like the last two and i get 1500 points for the transaction.

#3088 Brash_Attack   Emperor Banana CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Brash_Attack

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

no nothing has shown up for Gears of War and I pre-ordered in store, seems like it is now actually taking the full 5 days to show up instead of taking up to 5 days, but points will still post after the same 30 days

Ok, thanks. I thought I used to see the points pending sooner. I was surprised I got the 500 FB points from the transaction faster than the Unlocked points.

#3089 j.t   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Finally got BB to PM Fry's price on Bioshock Infinite. Third times the charms. Never order via phone so hopefully she didn't mess any thing up and I'll still get the 1000 points for preordering.

#3090 HououinK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Went to BB to trade in Tomb Raider and realized my Unlocked ran out. Looks like I'll have to cancel and re-order Bioshock. Hopefully there's no problems with the RZ certs coming back.