* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#541 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10816 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just joined Unlocked and my preorders are in for Dead Space and Tomb Raider. :) The certs take about 30 days to get, right? So I'll at least have the cert from Dead Space in time for BioShock Infinite's release date?

Ryuukishi634.png

#542 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16052 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thanks. Should I still do so even though it'd be easier to get a PM with an in-store preorder? You only need to show the receipt from when you picked up the game when PMing, so the CS rep wouldn't know how long ago the preorder was placed and thus you would avoid any issue involving that.

Maybe. I just find it easier to PM online.

#543 Daring   Everybody relax, I'm here! CAGiversary!   1543 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Just joined Unlocked and my preorders are in for Dead Space and Tomb Raider. :) The certs take about 30 days to get, right? So I'll at least have the cert from Dead Space in time for BioShock Infinite's release date?

35 days

#544 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10816 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

35 days

Thanks.

Ryuukishi634.png

#545 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Dunno if its been mentioned or if CEs and LEs even count for the $20 promo this time ...

But I saw the MG Rising preorder card hanging on the shelves today and looked at it. It advertised the CE on the back but said it is "Online Only". So if anyone's interested in it from BBY that seems to be the only route.

evophile.pngevophile.png

#546 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10127 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Dunno if its been mentioned or if CEs and LEs even count for the $20 promo this time ...

But I saw the MG Rising preorder card hanging on the shelves today and looked at it. It advertised the CE on the back but said it is "Online Only". So if anyone's interested in it from BBY that seems to be the only route.

The one with the lamp?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#547 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

The one with the lamp?

Yup!

evophile.pngevophile.png

#548 JiggleZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

So I went to BB today and preordered DmC, Dead Island, and GTA V. I got the case for the DI:R preorder, but I asked about the poster with GTA V and the employee told me they didn't have any and that they would probably show up closer to release.

I searched through this thread and maybe found one person who said they got their poster. I was just wondering if others have already got their poster. I got the little preorder card thing that's about the size of a game. Please tell me that's not a "poster".

#549 orion1998_1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

orion1998_1

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

is the dmc on the. 20 list someewhere?

#550 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34943 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

is the dmc on the. 20 list someewhere?

No, DmC is not included in this promotion.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#551 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Did anyone preorder God of War LE/CE in store yet? I search the kiosk they had but couldn't find it. I know it's available online with store pick up but don't feel like paying for the whole thing up front.

Also if I show the cashier the SKU# will I be able to preorder it that way? I want to preorder early before they pull it for the LE/CE.

#552 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Did anyone preorder God of War LE/CE in store yet? I search the kiosk they had but couldn't find it. I know it's available online with store pick up but don't feel like paying for the whole thing up front.

Also if I show the cashier the SKU# will I be able to preorder it that way? I want to preorder early before they pull it for the LE/CE.

If its not at the kiosk at your store it might have been pulled already.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in the kiosk back when it was first announced. It's weird, my store also has the Bioshock Songbird and other CE pulled but it's still online.

#553 StealOfADeal   It's a S-O-A-D! CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

StealOfADeal

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Last of Us and Injustice. Great deal!

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#554 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10127 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

If its not at the kiosk at your store it might have been pulled already.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in the kiosk back when it was first announced. It's weird, my store also has the Bioshock Songbird and other CE pulled but it's still online.

Songbird is not sold out at BBY it seems, online. Thanks for mentioning it.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#555 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2516 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

I don't have a local Best Buy and the closest one to me is about 2 hours away. I was able to join Reward Zone online and use it for my online purchases but it seems I can't sign up for unlocked online. It tells me to print a page and take it into the store. :(

Is there any way around this? I doubt there is but couldn't hurt to ask.

ROH.png

komentra.png

#556 panda911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

panda911

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Looks like the big money CEs are online only, which is an actual sound business decision. Great job Best Buy! You're getting the hang of this now! :applause:

#557 shady520   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

So I went to BB today and preordered DmC, Dead Island, and GTA V. I got the case for the DI:R preorder, but I asked about the poster with GTA V and the employee told me they didn't have any and that they would probably show up closer to release.

I searched through this thread and maybe found one person who said they got their poster. I was just wondering if others have already got their poster. I got the little preorder card thing that's about the size of a game. Please tell me that's not a "poster".

Yes the posters were at the store a while ago (november I think) and that little card is not the poster. Either they are out, never received them, or my best bet the employee was clueless as to their location in the store. When I went to preorder mine they had to go into the back to get the posters and a box full of the picture viewers.

I don't have a local Best Buy and the closest one to me is about 2 hours away. I was able to join Reward Zone online and use it for my online purchases but it seems I can't sign up for unlocked online. It tells me to print a page and take it into the store. :(

Unlocked can only be signed up for in store.

#558 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2967 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Hmm, so I might have a chance to pick up a steelcase still? Nice.

#559 htz  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

You can only sign up for Unlocked in-store.

Looks like the big money CEs are online only, which is an actual sound business decision. Great job Best Buy! You're getting the hang of this now! :applause:

Good for best buy but not for those of us hoping to score a CE on clearance now. :-#

#560 jiggyteddy   Frugal As Can Be CAGiversary!   1956 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

jiggyteddy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

I'm with you on that regarding CEs at BB. I rarely even see them around anymore... and they will often not get any in on launch day.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#561 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

I'd suggest pre-ordering all the games in-store using a GC on 1 receipt(even on games you don't want to avoid the "If I new ___ was gonna be on sale for $40 I would've done the BB $20 deal".

DON'T WORRY ABOUT TRYIN TO GET THE $5 BACK WHEN PICKING UP THE GAMES UNTIL AFTER ALL THE THE TITLES HAVE BEEN ACCOUNTED FOR.

You won't lose the $60 pre-orders no matter how long it goes & since it's a GC it'll be easy for CS to refund down the line. And if won't effect the $20 pre-order since u have still met all the requirements needed. I personally haven't used the $5 for any pre-order in 2 yrs & being silver the points post in about 2 weeks.

Also, for non-silver members u can reach silver status by spending $1500 in back to back yrs or use the pre-paid visa method which only cost $77.35 in fees(13 cards total).

#562 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5083 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

My BB still doesn't have the Tomb Raider cards out. :(

I wish they'd add some WiiU titles to the promo. (more specifically, Pikmin & Rayman)

#563 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I wish they'd add some WiiU titles to the promo. (more specifically, Pikmin & Rayman)

your Best Buy doesn't have a kiosk for pre ordering games?

#564 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Can I use my RZ certs that expire on like 3/2 and 3/14 right now to pre-order games that don't come out until a couple of days later and still have them count?

#565 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10816 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I place all my orders online for instore pickup. Although for some weird reason they didn't have the 360 version of Dead Space 3 available for preorder on the website until just recently.

Ryuukishi634.png

#566 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Can I use my RZ certs that expire on like 3/2 and 3/14 right now to pre-order games that don't come out until a couple of days later and still have them count?

I'm think the new system doesn't allow for one to use RZ certs to preorder anymore.

#567 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21692 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Do they add additional games, or is this going to be it? I'm hoping to see a good pre-order deal for MLB The Show '13 somewhere.

#568 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

I don't think they have the past two years. I'd love to see The Show added too, but I don't think it will be.

#569 DOMINATOR912   RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

DOMINATOR912

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think I'm one of the few people who isn't going crazy for GTAV. Everytime I've picked up a GTA game, I play maybe 4 or 5 story missions, then spend 2 weeks driving around running over hookers until I get bored of the game. I don't think I've ever gotten off the first island in ANY GTA game, and I've played them all. Going to be picking up Revengeance and Bioshock (and maybe Last of Us) with the promo though. A couple others I want, but I can wait for a price drop on the rest. On a separate note, did Revengeance have preorder DLC at one point? I could have sworn I read something about it, but theres no mention on the BB site.

#570 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10816 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think I'm one of the few people who isn't going crazy for GTAV. Everytime I've picked up a GTA game, I play maybe 4 or 5 story missions, then spend 2 weeks driving around running over hookers until I get bored of the game. I don't think I've ever gotten off the first island in ANY GTA game, and I've played them all.

I am like this too. I've played all of the GTA games before, but never stuck with an open world game for more than a couple of hours until Saints Row 3. I'm waiting to see more of GTA5 before making a decision.

Ryuukishi634.png