Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
In for The Last of Us and Dead Space 3. I have God of War Ascension, MGS Revegenance, and BioShock Infinite pre-ordered and paid off with amazon credit, but if I didn't I would get them from Best Buy.

[quote name='litepink']Wow, thought we'd have to wait until Summer/Holiday 2013 for the next promos. In for GTA V and possibly more.[/QUOTE]
We have known about this for a few days already but I was waiting for someone at corporate to confirm its true. More info will come later since they want to focus on marketing the current 2012 promo.

Ehh. Already have most w/ the $48 deal at Newegg which I see as a better deal. Have MGS for $45 @ Newegg and I'm getting the GOW CE from Amazon. Might get GTA 5 though.

Awesome! I was planning on using my last two RZ coupons from this current deal (from COD and Far Cry) to get Splinter Cell Blacklist anyway...now this new deal just makes me even happier.

Is this confirm? If yes, in for at least 6. With the 60 day price match window and the fact that I got still got BB credit.

In for Splinter Cell for sure. Most likely would get Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3 and MGS. Have very little interest on GTAV honestly, been hating open world crime games the last years or so.

Hell yeah! Dead Space 3 and GTA5 right off the bat, might have to pick up South Park on release with the $20 being thrown in. Might have to get Metal Gear Rising and Tomb Raider as well. LOVING BEST BUY!

[quote name='doubledown']Bioshock, Last of Us, GTA V....also, Dead Island Riptide is on their website. I think I want that also.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I missed dead island riptide earlier, thanks. I can't edit the poll though. :whistle2:(

Also if you pre-order GTA V right now in-store, you will get a FREE Poster.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Ehh. Already have most w/ the $48 deal at Newegg which I see as a better deal. Have MGS for $45 @ Newegg and I'm getting the GOW CE from Amazon. Might get GTA 5 though.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see your math on that. I can guarantee it is not a better deal...especially the more games you buy.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Ehh. Already have most w/ the $48 deal at Newegg which I see as a better deal. Have MGS for $45 @ Newegg and I'm getting the GOW CE from Amazon. Might get GTA 5 though.[/QUOTE]

This amazes me....

Hmm would I rather have a game for $48 flat

OR

Would I rather pay $60, effectively get a $20 GC. Then have 30 days to PM it to any other B&M store around in which most games AT least hit $50 and many hit $40.

So basically choosing

A) the game for $48

B) the game for $50 max and a $20 GC

How in the world is A better?

Just thought of 1 way it could be better. If you live in boonesville with no store within 25 miles of you then you are right, newegg could be better if you aren't going to purchase anything from BBY again.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']This amazes me....

Hmm would I rather have a game for $48 flat

OR

Would I rather pay $60, effectively get a $20 GC. Then have 30 days to PM it to any other B&M store around in which most games AT least hit $50 and many hit $40.

So basically choosing

A) the game for $48

B) the game for $50 max and a $20 GC

How in the world is A better?

Just thought of 1 way it could be better. If you live in boonesville with no store within 25 miles of you then you are right, newegg could be better if you aren't going to purchase anything from BBY again.[/QUOTE]

The problem is not all games hit $50. IE NBA 2K13.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The problem is not all games hit $50. IE NBA 2K13.[/QUOTE]

Even so it is not a better deal. Now that it takes 2 weeks to get your Cert you can use them on games. Here is an example buying 6 games with no price match.

Game 1 $60 + tax (for me (5%) that makes them $63). $20 Cert
Game 2 $40 + tax ($42) + $20 Cert
Game 3 $40 + tax ($42) + $20 Cert
Game 4 $63 + tax ($63) + $20 Cert
Game 5 $63 + tax ($63) + $20 Cert
Game 6 $5 + tax ($5.25) + $25 in certs left

=$278 + $25 Cert

Vs

6 games x $48 = 288

Now every game you get to PM makes it even cheaper. ACIII already gets a $10 PM this week. It is not blowing it out of the water but it is a better deal and can only get better. The NewEgg deal is set in stone.

Good on BBY for continuing their incredible promo. And this is only for the first 5 months of games. Potentially another set of games can be done for the fall, including the next gen games :drool:

I think this deal is better personally. I got 6 games from this year's promotion (Madden, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, RE6, Halo 4, AC3).

$60*6*1.09(9% tax in my state) = $392.40 - ($120 in certs) - ($10 in certs from standard reward zone points) = $262.40.

48*6 = $288

I know it's not perfect because the savings aren't instant and require you to continue to shop at Best Buy, but the possibility of a PM and the pre-order bonuses make it worthwhile to me.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The problem is not all games hit $50. IE NBA 2K13.[/QUOTE]

1 game out of 20(?) Now hasn't gone to $50?

And yes the 20 includes last years b2g1 free deal.

Also Newegg is not tax free, but people will always claim fraud in this area and won't be convinced otherwise.

Nice, great to see the promo continues with another round of excellent games.

Just like in the current promo, I will buy every game listed, keep the ones I want (Bioshock!), sell the rest, PM all of the titles within my Silver 60 day timeframe, and pocket the $20 GC plus the points made off the purchases.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Even so it is not a better deal. Now that it takes 2 weeks to get your Cert you can use them on games. Here is an example buying 6 games with no price match.

=$278 + $25 Cert

Vs

6 games x $48 = 288

Now every game you get to PM makes it even cheaper. ACIII already gets a $10 PM this week. It is not blowing it out of the water but it is a better deal and can only get better. The NewEgg deal is set in stone.[/QUOTE]

They clear in two weeks now? Been too busy to follow other thread and I wasnt aware that certs didnt lower the value on items now. So not effecting price matching at all.

Yeah, it's been out a month. Silver status gives you an extra 30 days. I know not everyone is Silver, but nearly every game drops within 60 days.

Maybe it's time for me to finally become an Unlocked member. :bouncy:

By any chance would this work on the limited edition of God of War: Ascension? The one that is $79 and includes the DLC season pass? If I could get that for $59 I might just have to go for this sooner rather than later.

[quote name='Dund3r']Yeah, it's been out a month. Silver status gives you an extra 30 days. I know not everyone is Silver, but nearly every game drops within 60 days.[/QUOTE]

The only game I bought that didnt drop was Transformers, which I was able to return within my silver time and buy during buy 2 get 1.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Even so it is not a better deal. Now that it takes 2 weeks to get your Cert you can use them on games. Here is an example buying 6 games with no price match.

=$278 + $25 Cert

Vs

6 games x $48 = 288

Now every game you get to PM makes it even cheaper. ACIII already gets a $10 PM this week. It is not blowing it out of the water but it is a better deal and can only get better. The NewEgg deal is set in stone.[/QUOTE]
I haven't gotten my points for RE6, NBA 2K13, or Dishonored yet. So yeah, the 2 week thing isn't right.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Could always factor in selling DLC too, not everyone does it, but I do, makes games even cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I just got $22 for the BBY AC3 DLC. $15 after $5 shipping for the steel book (only sold it because its a single disc SB for a double disc game). And the midnight release coin for $48 (after $1.98 shipping).

So after fees my preorder bonuses netted me $70+.

Before saying DLC isn't always like this, there has only been 1 game where my DLC didn't net me more than $10 and that was Rage. Heck my mech Baird code for Gears 3 sold for $48 by itself. I've sold so many yet am still amazed at how (for lack of a better word) stupid people are with their money.

$22 for an AC3 item and a 15 minute mission. At least with a coin I could justify them "collecting" gaming memorabilia like Baseball cards. But $20+ for a skin and 15 minutes of gameplay when the game itself costs $60 is ridiculous.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I haven't gotten my points for RE6, NBA 2K13, or Dishonored yet. So yeah, the 2 week thing isn't right.[/QUOTE]

Except I have gotten mine in two weeks like clockwork and many others have also so we can call it YMMV. Either way, most people get their certs in time to use it on other games.

I'm in for every single game.
Except maybe South Park...

I'll play the game, get my $20 cert, trade it in for $40+, and PM it down the line.

BBY pretty much got my number for games next year.

I thought the 2 week points was a silver membership perk?

[quote name='iduncurr']
I thought the 2 week points was a silver membership perk?[/QUOTE]

That may be true. If so, then it makes it less flexible but the math is still solid.

Aw yeah, seven games for me:

Bioshock Infinite :)ps3:)
Dead Space 3 :)360:)
GTA V :)ps3:)
The Last of Us :)ps3: :dunce:)
MGR: Revengeance :)ps3:)
SC: Blacklist :)360:)
Tomb Raider (???)

[quote name='Agent Orange']Maybe it's time for me to finally become an Unlocked member. :bouncy:

By any chance would this work on the limited edition of God of War: Ascension? The one that is $79 and includes the DLC season pass? If I could get that for $59 I might just have to go for this sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

It normally applies to Collector's Editions as well. Just check with the gaming rep just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back