CAGcast #302: That Gurgle

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Cheapy and Shipwreck talk Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Forza Horizon, Medal of Honor, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Primal Carnage, and more!

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]211[/podcast]
Download - 1 hour 15 minutes Subscribe - Review
[/preview]

www.GoDaddy.com
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Ghostbusters (Don Rimini Ectoplasm Edit) - Carvel commercial

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Over an hour of pure talk about video games, with little to no comments made that listeners will criticize and fight about.

Makes me miss Wombat.

I just hope you didn't threaten the leader of the free world, CheapyD!

Yeah, higher resolutions always has the drawback of leading to smaller text. One of the days, I hope somebody realizes that the text zoom should either be automatic or that they've got to stop cramming so many pixels into a computer screen.

Cheapy, I was playing NFS on Vita on the bus while listening to the CAGCast and had to laugh when you were saying there's no way the Vita version could compete. Graphically there's obviously no contest, but its still plenty fun and fast. You gotta remember that there's a demographic of people (like me!) who don't have time to sit on a sofa for hours to play console games regularly, and portables are a saving grace. I never would have thought a game like Burnout Paradise would fit on a handheld, but here its spiritual sequel is mostly intact and controls well, too.

And yes, the engine sounds seem just as good =)

Poor Wombat being without power for weeks.

I would encourage Shipwreck to finish AC Brotherhood, provided he can force himself to only worry about fully syncing missions where doing so is a reasonable challenge. For some missions getting 100% sync is way more trouble than it's worth, and you just have to let those ones go.

And then maybe wait and get AC3 on the PC since the console versions sound pretty janky and prone to framerate issues.

Although I can't wait to hear that Wombat has his power restored; thanks for doing a cagcast--anyway--Cheapy and 'Ship!!

Show Notes

13:00 New Releases
13:00 Assassin's Creed III
17:15 Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth
21:00 Need For Speed: Most Wanted
27:45 Forza Horizons
33:00 Zone of the Enders HD collection
33:30 Okami HD
34:00 Assassin's Creed Vita
35:45 Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
38:30 Medal of Honor Warfighter
47:00 Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
50:15 Need For Speed multiplayer
51:45 Primal Carnage
55:30 Amazing Spider-Man (pc)
57:15 Halo 4
1:01:00 Cagbag
1:01:00 Black Ops multiplayer
1:02:45 Disney/Lucasarts
1:05:00 PS3 bootloader keys
1:06:15 Borderlands 2 hacking
1:07:45 Preorder DLC
1:08:45 WiiU commercial

wow been awhile since we had a wombat free episode.
You should make more episodes without wombat.

i also would like to hear a new show with only shipwreck, having a video game monologue. Later Shipwreck will choose hot button issues in the industry and get into arguments with himself.
We can call it Ship-WreckED!

Missed ya Wombat! There were a lot of pauses during the show either for awkwardness or a habit of waiting for Wombat to chime in.

So many games, I really wish they all didn't come out at this time of year. Spread them out during slow-game times, I will only buy 1 during this time of year because I'm cheap, and just not enough time to play them all right away. They'll drop in price soon.

Cheapy, there has to be some kind of old-people-make-text-bigger option on Windows, I'm sure of it. Like the old people playing cards have huge numbers/letters on them.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Missed ya Wombat! There were a lot of pauses during the show either for awkwardness or a habit of waiting for Wombat to chime in.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Although, to be honest, I've never really been a Shipwreck fan. He's always far too serious, often too quiet and reserved, and I find him kind of boring compared to Cheapy and Wombat. Just my opinion. Sorry Ship! Wombat hurry back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy, you were actually surprised to find people outraged about Star Wars on the Internet?

But seriously, the number of current sci-fi directors who could tackle the new Star Wars is geting me amped for Episode VII, even if I think that well has been dry for quite some time now.

I can totally understand Shipwreck's frustration with the 100% synchronization in AC: Brotherhood. Seeing that you've "failed" without actually failing the mission irked me to no end. But I wouldn't bother finishing Brotherhood. I think the best thing about Brotherhood was the ability to train assassins and call them into battle, so if you've already seen that part of the game, you're done. The story of Brotherhood is great but it never gets resolved in Revelations so it's moot.

Show not the same without wombat. Cheapy, Wombat needs a raise and you should also set both Ship and Wombat with 4G LTE plans so they have a better chance of having internet access, even if a major tragedy like Super Storm Sandy strikes. Hope all is well, Wombat.

Also, I agree with @jhonnypark above. Cheapy, take some haterade for all that Vita hate. I don't even know why you buy handhelds knowing that you will not play them or talk positive about them. I'm sure if you were a normal working guy like most of us and rarely had time to play games on your PC or TV, you would have some nice things to say about the Vita. How about this. Go one week or 2 weeks without playing anything but the Vita, explore it, pretend you have no other consoles for a week or 2 and report back. Also, keep in mind that the Vita is still a fairly new system, its games will only look better in the long run.

I'm also very surprise, Cheapy that you don't talk more about iPad games on the App store, being that you are a Super Storm Apple fan boy. I hear the iPad version of The Walking Dead game is the best one.

Shipwreck, hoping your basketball team goes undefeated this year. Good luck!

Thought it was pretty interesting hearing Cheapy talk about PC Multiplayer quick matches for fun.

I really hate multiplayer that has level ups, perks, etc. It really turns you off when you are new to the game, matchmaking sucks, and you just die over and over due to unfair advantage. I remember games like Team Fortress Classic, where if your Pyro wasn't doing well, just switch to Engineer and try a different play style. And you could do that from the start w/o earning perks or leveling up.

Good show,

With the talk about Need for Speed, do you wish there was another Burnout game? Or are you happy with Criterion making the NFS games with licensed cars in a Burnout like engine?

Completely off topic here but thought this would be an appropriate place to put this as there may be a possibility cheapy could read this out on the next show..

From time to time my wife is either in the car with me or in the same room as me when I listen to the podcast.... Some how I got onto the topic of the cag cast and she asks me "who is shit break? Needless to say I lost my shit.... Couldnt stop laughing.

She has some questions:

Why is wombat called wombat and why is shipwreck shipwreck? Gamertags?

If you can... Say shipwreck and shitbreak immediately after each other.. Thanks.

Wombat i hope you get power soon

Couldn't tell if Shipwreck was being serious or not when he was upset to learn that Master Chief's name was John from that Halo 4 achievement. But it's been known since Halo: Combat Evolved that he's Master Chief Petty Officer John-117. "Master Chief" is just his rank, the highest a non-commissioned officer can receive in the UNSC. He's never known his last name because the UNSC kidnapped kids to make the Spartan-IIs. 117 is just his test subject number. The usual f***ed up sci-fi origin stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Chief_(Halo)#Halo:_The_Fall_of_Reach

[quote name='notorioushsg']Completely off topic here but thought this would be an appropriate place to put this as there may be a possibility cheapy could read this out on the next show..

From time to time my wife is either in the car with me or in the same room as me when I listen to the podcast.... Some how I got onto the topic of the cag cast and she asks me "who is shit break? Needless to say I lost my shit.... Couldnt stop laughing.

She has some questions:

Why is wombat called wombat and why is shipwreck shipwreck? Gamertags?

If you can... Say shipwreck and shitbreak immediately after each other.. Thanks.

Wombat i hope you get power soon[/QUOTE]

Shipwreck is the name of a G.I. Joe character, Shipwreck is a huge fan of G.I. Joe.

Wombat's name, I can't remember clearly. I think it was just his forum handle when he signed up for CAG, or something to do with UGO, or a play on Batman, maybe they can answer it next CAGcast.

Pretty sure that "Wake Up John" just has to do with Master Chief waking up from the cryo-sleep at the end of Halo 3 and beginning Halo 4. No worries, Shipwreck.

Boring without Wombat. I guess it's nice of you to do a show, but it just sounds like two guys sitting around agreeing with each other.

Cheapy and Shipwreck are the Vanilla, Wombat is the hot fudge.

phenomenal show!!! see how great it is without that assfck wombat?

IM SO happy he doesnt have power. This storm has been hitting my enemies hard. FIRE WOMBAT!!!

[quote name='chaseamazon']phenomenal show!!! see how great it is without that assfck wombat?

IM SO happy he doesnt have power. This storm has been hitting my enemies hard. FIRE WOMBAT!!![/QUOTE]

I bet Wombat is thinking the same thing your negative feedback says.

Good episode but needs more Wombat. Makes you appreciate his stupid but funny jokes. Could you just have someone sprinkle in some sound bites for the next show? lol

[quote name='chaseamazon']phenomenal show!!! see how great it is without that assfck wombat?

IM SO happy he doesnt have power. This storm has been hitting my enemies hard. FIRE WOMBAT!!![/QUOTE]

Wow. I hope he pissed in your oatmeal.

Is it really necessary to be so mean spirited?

I think CAG would be better off if you were permanently banned.

[quote name='Yamato']I bet Wombat is thinking the same thing your negative feedback says.[/QUOTE]

lol!

[quote name='bingbangboom']Good episode but needs more Wombat. Makes you appreciate his stupid but funny jokes. Could you just have someone sprinkle in some sound bites for the next show? lol[/QUOTE]

Reminds me back when Wombat wasn't in an episode (must have been an early CAGCast or one of the Black Friday episodes or something), but Cheapy edited in Wombat sound clips to make it seem like he was there. It was hilarious! Yeah I agree, if he's still out of power by the next episode, at least put in some Wombat sound bites!

[quote name='Miada']Reminds me back when Wombat wasn't in an episode (must have been an early CAGCast or one of the Black Friday episodes or something), but Cheapy edited in Wombat sound clips to make it seem like he was there. It was hilarious! Yeah I agree, if he's still out of power by the next episode, at least put in some Wombat sound bites![/QUOTE]

It was the Black Friday 2011 show. And yeah, if Wombat's still out of power, then Cheapy should consider clips. Wonbot 2.0 may not be anywhere as good as the Real Wombat, but it can be an incredible simulation. After all, "Now's the time to buy!™"

Dear Shipwreck,
Have you ever thought of doing a CAG rally somewhere around Cincinnati? I'm a university student in the area, and would like to meet some fellow CAGs.

[quote name='outrider31']Dear Shipwreck,
Have you ever thought of doing a CAG rally somewhere around Cincinnati? I'm a university student in the area, and would like to meet some fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

The First Annual Baller Beats Competition.

Wombat, cheapy: heard my name mentioned a few podcasts back that I won a code for something, not sure what it was for. Do you guys normally send those out? do we have to contact you? how does that work?

Hey Cheapy,

Are you more excited for PAX now that pot is legalized on the state level in Washington?

Great episode, guys. Glad to hear that Wombat's power is back and everything seems right with the world. Cheapy and Ship weighed in Disney-owned Star Wars, I would love to hear what Wombat thinks. Also, with the news that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher being open to returning in their original roles, what impact do you think this might have on the new trilogy?

bread's done
Back