Rage (PC), Hunted (PC) and APB Reloaded $4.99 Newegg

[quote name='Green Card200']I'm tempted to buy Hunted Demon's Forge. I'm unsure about Rage.[/QUOTE]

Rage is good game I got it on release and enjoyed it quite a bit, sure it has some issues but for $5 you could do worse

Thoughts on RAGE? I'm a huge Borderlands/Borderlands 2 fan. I know comparing these two series isn't quite fair, but figured I'd ask.

Also, how hard are the driving sequences in RAGE? I'm using mouse and keyboard so hopefully they're manageable (or skippable).

Thanks, CAGs!

I liked RAGE. For the price it is good. Driving is largely optional and not too tough.

Hunted doesn't activate on Steam. It's decent but disappointing.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thoughts on RAGE? I'm a huge Borderlands/Borderlands 2 fan. I know comparing these two series isn't quite fair, but figured I'd ask.

Also, how hard are the driving sequences in RAGE? I'm using mouse and keyboard so hopefully they're manageable (or skippable).

Thanks, CAGs![/QUOTE]

Rage is a traditional shooter with scavenging elements so it isn't the fast fast loot fest that is Borderlands. There is quite a bit of driving but I found them extremely easy and you could just drive past the guys on the road to your next mission.

All in all I would say that Rage is well worth 5 bucks. I played it on PS3 because I got it for 5 there even though I am a PC gamer primarily. I would hope that the PC version doesn't have the massive pop in that the PS3 version does.

I played through Rage on 360 at release. I really enjoyed it, really solid corridor shooting which id is known for, plus more open environments as well and a fairly decent arcade racer to boot

RAGE is worth the 5 bucks. The ending is really horrible, but everything else about it is awesome. The driving parts are perfectly fine with a keyboard and mouse and feel nice and arcade like, similar to a Burnout style of car driving

Also wondering if Hunted redeems on Steam, I'd pick it up for 5

YMMV but when I purchased Rage from Newegg and redeemed the key through Steam I got the Anarchy Edition. Shows up as "Authority Pack DLC".

Awesome! Almost grabbed Rage for $6 this summer but really glad I waited. That $1 will be saved for something amazing.

[quote name='usagi']According to the steam activation list it's not on it so I assume its a plain Windows Live game.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify -- it's a Games For Windows title -- not a Games For Windows Live title.

GFWL titles use the GFWL client -- which includes access to your Live friends list as well as achievements. I know some people here are achievement hunters, so don't purchase this game thinking you can increase your gamerscore.

On the other hand, some people here hate the GFWL client. Since this game does not use the client, you won't have to deal with it.

[quote name='Progamer665']Isn't APB free to play?[/QUOTE]

A search of steam says that you are correct. Thanks for mentioning it.

RAGE (requires Steam) is definitely worth $5.
Plus, the game take up like 24 GB.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Rage activates on Steam, right?[/QUOTE]
YES.

Hmm, 2nd to last latest review on newegg says that even after installing 25GB from disk, they had to down a 18GB patch through Steam, 43GB!?! That's insane.

What?!?!?
I never had an 18 GB patch!

If I recall, the game forced another 4 GB for all that extra Anarchy Edition content.
I don't know if what NewEgg is selling there is the Anarchy Edition.
Since it is NOT advertised as such - doubt it.
But, who knows...this is NewEgg, so it's a dice-roll...

Sometimes Steams makes you redownload everything if you install from disc. Don't know why, but the best bet is always just to activate on steam and DL directly from there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sometimes Steams makes you redownload everything if you install from disc. Don't know why, but the best bet is always just to activate on steam and DL directly from there.[/QUOTE]

This. Most of the games nowadays seem to take a big download whether you install from disc or not. Best just to do it overnight or while at work for the humongous games, unless you have a bandwidth cap/extra expense. Then install from disc and pray to the steam god that they won't make you redownload everything.

If I remember correctly, the retail copy from Newegg I got back in the summer for $8 or $9, when activated on Steam gave me access to the Sewer missions, but not the free weapon/melee glove/and dune buggy.

I remember those other items from the launch edition I got on Xbox 360. Didn't really miss them much when I played on PC though.

Edit: On steam what came with my summer newegg retail box copy activated on steam as "Rage Sewers DLC"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sometimes Steams makes you redownload everything if you install from disc. Don't know why, but the best bet is always just to activate on steam and DL directly from there.[/QUOTE]

If it tries to do DL the entire thing again, CLOSE Steam out and re-open it.
It should take what's left that it needs.

Oh and Fallout New Vegas is definitely worth playing, but it is also one of those games that is just about guaranteed to be at a deep discount with all its DLC on the steam sale at the end of the year.

But you could buy the base game now, play it and maybe by the time the sale comes around, be ready for the DLC and just jump into that part. Depends on how quickly you play through your games.

[quote name='loomis1975']Oh and Fallout New Vegas is definitely worth playing, but it is also one of those games that is just about guaranteed to be at a deep discount with all its DLC on the steam sale at the end of the year.

But you could buy the base game now, play it and maybe by the time the sale comes around, be ready for the DLC and just jump into that part. Depends on how quickly you play through your games.[/QUOTE]

I loved FO: New Vegas.
Old World Blues is probably my favorite DLC of all time.

Decided to pick up Rage. I have my fingers crossed that I also get the Anarchy pack. But I know that in all likelihood, they've already burned through their stock of Rage copies with the Anarchy content.

If memory serves though, I believe that the copies with the Anarchy pack content were coming out of Tennessee. So if I'm to even have a shot (as slim as it might be), my copy needs to ship from Tennessee.

If I buy Rage do I instantly get a key to redeem on steam or do I have to wait for a physical copy through the mail? It's asking for an address.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']If I buy Rage do I instantly get a key to redeem on steam or do I have to wait for a physical copy through the mail? It's asking for an address.[/QUOTE]

These are physical copy's, so you would have to wait for it to arrive then get the code out of the box and just input into steam. It does have free shipping though, so that's a plus.

I received my copy of RAGE today and it is indeed the Anarchy Edition. It comes with a double-sided slip of paper with a code for the Anarchy items (listed as the Authority Pack DLC in Steam and containing the Double Barrel Shotgun, Rat Rod Buggy, Fists Of Rage, and Crimson Elite Armor) and a code for the Wasteland Sewer Missions.

The disk install took the better part of 50 minutes, including a post-install ~2GB download for what I assume was the Sewer Missions. From what I can tell, I didn't have to install anything else, with no sign of an 18GB download after the main game installation.

Thanks again to the OP for posting this deal!

[quote name='loomis1975']If I remember correctly, the retail copy from Newegg I got back in the summer for $8 or $9, when activated on Steam gave me access to the Sewer missions, but not the free weapon/melee glove/and dune buggy.

I remember those other items from the launch edition I got on Xbox 360. Didn't really miss them much when I played on PC though.

Edit: On steam what came with my summer newegg retail box copy activated on steam as "Rage Sewers DLC"[/QUOTE]

Did you check both sides of the slip of paper that came with the game? There is a code on each side of it (for a total of two).

bread's done
Back