MAGFest 11 - Music & Games Festivial Jan 3-6 2013!

johnnypark

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
logo.gif

Who's going to MAGFest this year? It's in National Harbor, MD, which oddly enough is technically south of Washington, DC (as a VA resident I usually think of MD as being north of DC!) Lots of game tournaments, dealers with all kinds of retro games and game swag, networking with other gamers, and of course, the music.

Protomen, Powerglove, and Metroid Metal all make returns this year, along with Brentalfloss' MAGFest debut.

Special guest is Yuzo Koshiro:
A true video game music legend, Yuzo Koshiro is one of the most well respected video game composers of all time, deeply loved for both his dancey FM tunes as well as his orchestral epics. Since his debut with Falcom, Koshiro has gone on to compose for some of the biggest games in video game history, including Ys, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Shenmue, Actraiser, and many more. Along with his family, he runs the successful developer studio ANCIENT, and has composed video game music for nearly 30 years. Get ready to light up the streets and dance with your fellow demon beasts, because Koshiro will be keep it groovin’ on the dancefloor.

Not nearly as cool as Nobuo Uematsu's band last year, but it should still be interesting. Full list of musical acts here: http://magfest.org/performers

Guest panels include Koshiro, as well as The Angry Video Game Nerd (James Rolfe), the woman who composed the music for the original Castlevania, Kinuyo Yamashita, Duke Nukem voice actor Jon St. Jon, some of the crew from ScrewAttack.com, and a bunch of others: http://magfest.org/guests

I went two years ago and had a blast. Registration price goes up after tonight from $40 to $45, but both prices are pretty damn good for a four day convention - especially since this isn't some media showcase with press badges and new games on display. Just a whole bunch of people who love videogames. Who's going?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I'm Nick and I'm on staff with MAGFest. Let me know if you have any questions about the event, and I'l be glad to answer them.

Every year at around this time, I absolutely cannot wait for early January to come around. MAGFest is always the best party of the year! I look forward to this more than the holidays, no joke.

Secondly, this is not the MAGFest debut for Brentalfloss. He has been there every time I have been there, for M8, 9, and 10. This is just the MAGFest debut for his BAND, which should still be pretty cool. Too bad Year 200X isn't making a repeat appearance, as I always seemed to have missed them in the past. If you haven't seen them before, Powerglove alone is more than worth going to see.

bread's done
Back